Pre-Order Thread

Cool!

Sorry, I'm dumb, I thought the self titled was already out, but now I see it is just available for pre order. I wonder if they would combine the later ones to save on shipping so I could get the first two.
I'd think they will stay in print (at least the standard copies) for quite a while, so I'd check back. I ordered the Zia exclusive since there were other pre-orders I wanted and they don't charge until the record is shipped.

I have no idea who in here listens to The Wonder Years, but today on the premiere of their new music video, they announced that their two albums The Upsides and Suburbia (which are out of print) are going to have a ten-year anniversary box set reissue which will go on sale tomorrow. It's like out of 1,500 copies total, so this IS definitely going to sell out instantly. I think the link for it will be on thewonderyearsband.com and maybe through Hopeless Records's merchnow page. I saw the mockup and it looks incredible, very excited for this!

I’ll be moving to a yet to be determined destination (military) when the Bad Brains Blue Note edition would arrive and it’s a pretty important release to me. Are any friends here planning on ordering one for themselves in which we would be able to split the shipping (another priority mail only option) and I can give you a better address once I have that established for forwarding?

I’ll be moving to a yet to be determined destination (military) when the Bad Brains Blue Note edition would arrive and it’s a pretty important release to me. Are any friends here planning on ordering one for themselves in which we would be able to split the shipping (another priority mail only option) and I can give you a better address once I have that established for forwarding?
Sure, let's do it.

A top 10 punk album, happy to hear that the band owns the rights.
Absolutely. This was one of the first hardcore punk albums I ever heard, about 15 years ago. I was just starting to branch out into different types of music as a young teenager and hearing these super fast songs next to reggae tunes was pretty mind blowing. I played the shit out of that album. It’s also a very good album to blast when you’re knee deep shoveling snow in the cold Wisconsin winters :LOL:

Chill stuff, can't believe they have streaming numbers close to 50 million for one track and they've never popped up on my radar. Man I must be out of touch. Are they underground famous?
I had heard of them awhile back from being on a mix. I know they are on the Jungle Back To Mine mix from last year and maybe another prior to that. They have a pretty big/rabid fan base and flipper prices have been pretty crazy on these in the past. They have steadily restocked though for the past year or so in very small batches.

I ordered the regular red awhile back on a restock despite the shipping. As @Dead C said, some of the profits went to charity. They also seem to have sent it themselves and not through a label or distributor when I ordered it (from what I remember) so between packaging, and paying for priority mail (I think priority is around $7-$8 for a record) the markup is probably just a few bucks on the shipping. I totally get why people think it’s expensive and crazy for shipping though. I love the record though and wanted it and for a band like them, I’d rather pay them than buy it for more off a flipper. I know that’s a slippery slope though...

I have no idea who in here listens to The Wonder Years, but today on the premiere of their new music video, they announced that their two albums The Upsides and Suburbia (which are out of print) are going to have a ten-year anniversary box set reissue which will go on sale tomorrow. It's like out of 1,500 copies total, so this IS definitely going to sell out instantly. I think the link for it will be on thewonderyearsband.com and maybe through Hopeless Records's merchnow page. I saw the mockup and it looks incredible, very excited for this!
I remember when I first heard about this band. It seemed like right at the exact same time I discovered a bunch of other melodic Hardcore bands that were new-is and keeping it alive from the classic acts like Gorilla Biscuits, Lifetime, and Saves the Day.
I liked these groups:
Title Fight
Set Your Goals
Man Overboard
Daggerhead
Caleb Lionheart
Transit
Defeater

I remember when I first heard about this band. It seemed like right at the exact same time I discovered a bunch of other melodic Hardcore bands that were new-is and keeping it alive from the classic acts like Gorilla Biscuits, Lifetime, and Saves the Day.
I liked these groups:
Title Fight
Set Your Goals
Man Overboard
Daggerhead
Caleb Lionheart
Transit
Defeater

yea, there was a lil bit of an "pop punk / emo revival" thing going on around the early 2010s which is when all these bands you mentioned popped off. title fight and set your goals were some of my favs, alongside wonder years, TWIABP, and touche amore. i think most of these bands are inactive right now, but 2010-2013 were good years for hardcore/punk rock. i still listen to all of these for the most part, and looking back they were a big part of shaping my musical taste since this was the style of rock music that was the one most willing to travel all the way to south florida for shows.

yea, there was a lil bit of an "pop punk / emo revival" thing going on around the early 2010s which is when all these bands you mentioned popped off. title fight and set your goals were some of my favs, alongside wonder years, TWIABP, and touche amore. i think most of these bands are inactive right now, but 2010-2013 were good years for hardcore/punk rock. i still listen to all of these for the most part, and looking back they were a big part of shaping my musical taste since this was the style of rock music that was the one most willing to travel all the way to south florida for shows.
You mean the Fest in Gainesville? I always wanted to go to that. A great local band from here in Oklahoma called Red City Radio has been there a lot.

You mean the Fest in Gainesville? I always wanted to go to that. A great local band from here in Oklahoma called Red City Radio has been there a lot.

Yes! Fest is definitely included in the conversation bc that is the literal melting pot of punk music rn every year (except this one rip fest 19)! I live in Gainesville rn, and i’ve worked the fest, and it’s just so insane that veterans like jawbreaker and dag nasty and the get up kids will play in the same lil downtown plaza with newer bands like joyce manor and menzingers and the like all in the same weekend. music aside, there is no other festival completely self-made and d.i.y.’d like fest and i would encourage anyone here on the forum to make the trip to florida in the future for it!!!

but yea also, in my original post, i was referring more to me growing up in south florida in broward/miami area. like idk what the general perspective of touring is like for other states, but south florida is the worst area to live in if you’re a frequent show-goer. mid-sized artists like the national, war on drugs, st vincent have never come to south florida bc there is just not a market for it here. the biggest thing in miami is hip-hop, which is how you end up with something like rolling loud becoming as popular as coachella now. so for me, the only type of “rock-oriented” music that i was able to see live would be from hardcore punk bands who would make the trip to small diy venues (and it was safe to say that almost all (if not 100% all) of these bands made the trip to south florida bc they were already booked for other events like warped tour or the fest in gainesville!

Any Black Sabbath fans out there?

74429-a519c7997799bfce9b28410f3b33d50e.png

Yussef Dayes Trio (ft. Rocco Palladino & Charlie Stacey) - Welcome to the Hills. Recorded live in Copenhagen in 2019. Pressed on 2xLP black smoke vinyl with lenticular cover. Prices are ridiculous though - £50 / €56 / $ 67USD + shipping. Works out at £55 shipped here in the UK.

Order here: Yussef Dayes Official Online Store : Merch, Music, Downloads & Clothing

VMP variant on black/silver galaxy limited to 500 for $45/50USD - this looks very similar to the pressing for sale on Yussef's site, but VMP claims it is exclusive.

Yussef Dayes Trio (ft. Rocco Palladino & Charlie Stacey) - Welcome to the Hills. Recorded live in Copenhagen in 2019. Pressed on 2xLP black smoke vinyl with lenticular cover. Prices are ridiculous though - £50 / €56 / $ 67USD + shipping. Works out at £55 shipped here in the UK.

Order here: Yussef Dayes Official Online Store : Merch, Music, Downloads & Clothing

VMP variant on black/silver galaxy limited to 500 for $45/50USD - this looks very similar to the pressing for sale on Yussef's site, but VMP claims it is exclusive.
so vmp Accideal. HAHA

Gang of four tribute album ready to pre-order.
Tracklist coming next year, except for Tom Morello and Serj Tankian's cover of “Natural's Not in It” (but the track is also not released yet)

Let the madness begin:

There will be a lot of exclusives available at indie record stores...

It's the exact same mockup on both websites. Does the VMP one have the lenticular cover too?

Back