Pre-Order Thread

DANGIT! I lost a bid on the Burial Four Tet Thom Yorke release that just came out. I did 60 Euro and someone got it by 75!

ARRRGGHHH!!!šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

I read that it was limited to 300 copies total. On the Discogs page it's written down as a "promo"... A promo for what exactly? Is something big cooking? They usually don't list singles and ep's by Burial as promos. Wouldn't that mean it's a promo for something else?

Hmm...

this is on discogs for like 40!

This was released by XL Recordings. That's a huge label for Burial to be working with. I feel like something really could be happening. I doubt XL would do such a small release for such big artists like these 3.

I signed up for their mailing list just in case something drops and I can order it.

They absolutely would. It's a big PR move for everyone involved (not saying that as a judgment on the music at all or anything). And all three have already released music together in the past I believe.
Thom Yorke has released all his solo music through XL (though Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s totally the case for ā€˜Tomorrowā€™s Modern Boxesā€™ and its weird torrent release) so maybe itā€™s being treated as a Thom project? Or is it a Burial-led one?

Fuck, why did I listen. Ughhhh

edit: nevermind, $13 priority shipping being the only option makes the decision easier
Chill stuff, can't believe they have streaming numbers close to 50 million for one track and they've never popped up on my radar. Man I must be out of touch. Are they underground famous?

Yeah, they seem to have a fairly enthusiastic base. This is now sold out, by the way. (Nevermind. They still have them)

Last edited:
Yeah, they seem to have a fairly enthusiastic base. This is now sold out, by the way.
Honestly Iā€™m just stoked I learned of the artist, no harm in streaming some of my tunes. I just canā€™t, out of principle, pay $13 for shipping. At times Iā€™m able to rationalize high prices for vinyl because I donā€™t know what goes on behind that price (licensing, profit shares, etc) but USPS options I do know, and I canā€™t let myself do it.

Honestly Iā€™m just stoked I learned of the artist, no harm in streaming some of my tunes. I just canā€™t, out of principle, pay $13 for shipping. At times Iā€™m able to rationalize high prices for vinyl because I donā€™t know what goes on behind that price (licensing, profit shares, etc) but USPS options I do know, and I canā€™t let myself do it.

Actually, I was on the page for the last pressing. They still have over 300 copies of this available.

The shipping is kind of bananas on these, that's true. Maybe if you're catching one of the first 200, which were signed, it would seem more reasonable, but that's definitely high for USPS. I do know that 10% of everything goes to charity, so that's a good thing about their store. Every time I've seen these pop up on reddit, they are already sold out, so most of their fans are just happy to catch this repress, at all, not to mention that it's some wacky variant. Otherwise, it's upwards of over $100 on the secondary market to grab the the standard red.

View attachment 78401

Bambi is a good song.

This was posted on the Discogs release page for the new Burial...

A note from the Phonica mailout today:

"So today was our first day back, and we got a huge delivery with the new Burial / Four Tet / Thom Yorke collaboration which we were only allowed to sell in-store - we will be trying to source more copies for online orders when its get its proper release soon."

Ok so yeah, if this is getting an eventual release I don't care about a promo copy.

This was posted on the Discogs release page for the new Burial...

A note from the Phonica mailout today:

"So today was our first day back, and we got a huge delivery with the new Burial / Four Tet / Thom Yorke collaboration which we were only allowed to sell in-store - we will be trying to source more copies for online orders when its get its proper release soon."

Ok so yeah, if this is getting an eventual release I don't care about a promo copy.
It'd be nice if they put those other few tracks from a few years ago on it as well And make it a proper EP

Thom Yorke has released all his solo music through XL (though Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s totally the case for ā€˜Tomorrowā€™s Modern Boxesā€™ and its weird torrent release) so maybe itā€™s being treated as a Thom project? Or is it a Burial-led one?
Seeing as how it's Thom Yorke I don't think people would expect it to be such a small release, so once it was found out to be a rare Burial collab people freaked out over that more.

At least I did... Lol

bad-brains-bad-brains-zia-exclusive-zia-exclusive-limited-to-1-000-clear-green-with-black-smoke

BAD BRAINS

BAD BRAINS (ZIA EXCLUSIVE)​

ZIA EXCLUSIVE - LIMITED TO 1, 000​

CLEAR GREEN WITH BLACK SMOKE​

Just for reference, this is part of the full reissue campaign of the records the band still owns the rights to that ORG is doing. Thereā€™s also an all-green limited version with alternate cover at badbrainsrecords.com.

A top 10 punk album, happy to hear that the band owns the rights.
Yeah, thereā€™s a string of albums coming out in Spring/Summer this coming year. All have a limited variant with alternate art riffing on Blue Note. Rock for Light is next and itā€™s using the original mixes and track sequence from 1983 (not the ā€˜91 mixes/listing).

Just for reference, this is part of the full reissue campaign of the records the band still owns the rights to that ORG is doing. Thereā€™s also an all-green limited version with alternate cover at badbrainsrecords.com.
Ooh. Anyone heard that? Can't imagine it sounds too much better, but maybe a definitive version? Hard decision too. Love the blue note inspired cover but the original is iconic. I need a copy of this.

Wow, love the new Rock For Light cover.

Ooh. Anyone heard that? Can't imagine it sounds too much better, but maybe a definitive version? Hard decision too. Love the blue note inspired cover but the original is iconic. I need a copy of this.
From Bad Brains Records -
ā€œWeā€™re proud to present the original mix of the album, for the first time in decades, as the band originally intended. Most fans will be more familiar with the 1991 reissue, which was remixed by Ocasek and bass player Darryl Jenifer. That version used an altered track order, significantly different mixes and a speed increase of the master which results in a raising of the pitch by one-half step.ā€

From Bad Brains Records -
ā€œWeā€™re proud to present the original mix of the album, for the first time in decades, as the band originally intended. Most fans will be more familiar with the 1991 reissue, which was remixed by Ocasek and bass player Darryl Jenifer. That version used an altered track order, significantly different mixes and a speed increase of the master which results in a raising of the pitch by one-half step.ā€
Cool!

Sorry, I'm dumb, I thought the self titled was already out, but now I see it is just available for pre order. I wonder if they would combine the later ones to save on shipping so I could get the first two.

Cool!

Sorry, I'm dumb, I thought the self titled was already out, but now I see it is just available for pre order. I wonder if they would combine the later ones to save on shipping so I could get the first two.
I expect the standard cover/ black ones will be around awhile. The first one drops in April with Rock for Light dropping in ā€œspringā€ and ORG (which is pretty good too, btw) is doing all of these so they shouldnā€™t be hard to locate.

Back