Portland / Oregon

Rip_City

Hi, @wokeupnew!

I noticed that upon glancing at your Discogs collection, you seem to like ambient/esoteric music. In that case, you should try Musique Plastique (located on NE Alberta Street). Very small boutique shop, yet they have a nice variety of odd stuff. I've sung its praises a couple of times in the Fresh Grabs thread, as it is my favorite store in Portland. I always get something I've never heard of before every time I visit based on a recommendation from one of the co-owners.

Have a nice visit! :)

wokeupnew

Hi, @wokeupnew!

I noticed that upon glancing at your Discogs collection, you seem to like ambient/esoteric music. In that case, you should try Musique Plastique (located on NE Alberta Street). Very small boutique shop, yet they have a nice variety of odd stuff. I've sung its praises a couple of times in the Fresh Grabs thread, as it is my favorite store in Portland. I always get something I've never heard of before every time I visit based on a recommendation from one of the co-owners.

Have a nice visit! :)
ooooooh awesome recommendation!

Rip_City

Blazers releasing a greatest hits vinyl!

$50 and only available at the store in the Moda Center... but who doesn't want to rock some bust-a-bucket or Ripcity Rhapsody on vinyl!
OF COURSE Portugal. The Man would be featured on the tracklist. Do they still play "Live in the Moment" as the pump-up song before tip-off? Didn't go to the home opener.

Last edited:

LeeVing

My car is currently in the shop....but I think I'll be making a trip up for some record shopping by the end of the month.

I need some new spots....my former circuit was Everyday Music on W. Burnside then the one on Sandy - then sometimes MM (the amount of counterfeits they have makes me really mad), then Crossroads Music on Hawthorne....but since they moved way out to 82nd, I'd like to try some new spots.

I have never hit up any stores in the NW area...just seem out of the way compared to the stores I know.

I do miss the Beaverton Everyday Music across from Ceder Hills mall - that was a great place for some good finds

Both of my Mastodon 45 RPM's came from that one.

hatfieldpdx

My car is currently in the shop....but I think I'll be making a trip up for some record shopping by the end of the month.

I need some new spots....my former circuit was Everyday Music on W. Burnside then the one on Sandy - then sometimes MM (the amount of counterfeits they have makes me really mad), then Crossroads Music on Hawthorne....but since they moved way out to 82nd, I'd like to try some new spots.

I have never hit up any stores in the NW area...just seem out of the way compared to the stores I know.

I do miss the Beaverton Everyday Music across from Ceder Hills mall - that was a great place for some good finds

Both of my Mastodon 45 RPM's came from that one.
Have you been to Mississippi Records? Cash only but it's a must for older soul, blues and other esoteric releases. I'm also a big fan of 2nd Avenue Records downtown. Their prices are the best in town, and you can often find exclusives there that may be long gone at some of the better known shops in town. They have been stocking the Blue Note Tone Poet and 80th anniversary titles with consistency, which I appreciate.

LeeVing

Have you been to Mississippi Records? Cash only but it's a must for older soul, blues and other esoteric releases. I'm also a big fan of 2nd Avenue Records downtown. Their prices are the best in town, and you can often find exclusives there that may be long gone at some of the better known shops in town. They have been stocking the Blue Note Tone Poet and 80th anniversary titles with consistency, which I appreciate.
Nope....and only because it's cash only. I never carry cash. I used to cash my checks and that's all I had - but once I got a debit card its rare that I have cash..

My wife fixed that check cashing thing back before we got married, so that's about 20 years ago.

And....come on...cash only in 2019?? They'd actually get more sales if they at least get a Square or something.

2nd Avenue Records I've been to a few times...driving in from Salem it is a bit of a pain to park close...but found some good punk stuff.

Rip_City

Second Ave Records is one of my top 3. Absolutely second this suggestion 😉