PopTarts Unite!

After listening to Switched on Pop break this song down, I change my vote, it's Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now, let's start over!haha But seriously, this is pretty sweet, you guys should check it out.

i just realized that me, @Teeeee, and @gaporter are basically the carly rae jepsen, charli xcx, and lorde or this forum

its clear Teeeee is carly, so am i lorde or charli... this is a hard one

both me and gaporter have elements of charli
I found a BuzzFeed quiz because of course there's a BuzzFeed quiz
For shits and giggles.
View attachment 29527
Let me just say that I love you, Dukey. And I'm honored to be the CRJ to your and gap's Lorde/Charli mash up.

And it's hysterical that gap got Taylor. Lol

Chuck! You wish you were as handsome as JT. ;) (I'm not going to spoil the secret that you really are that handsome in person. I wouldn't do that).

And Alexander! I got Katy Perry too! A firework. I think it might have been the question on how my friends would describe me: A bitch but we love her anyway. Or in the words of Lizzo, "100% that bitch".

After listening to Switched on Pop break this song down, I change my vote, it's Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now, let's start over!haha But seriously, this is pretty sweet, you guys should check it out.

I adore that podcast so much. Adore it. I really honestly can not stress enough to our pop tarts. They dive into the complexities of the songs and the brilliance of them. They take them apart in a way that you would not expect. They wrote a book about pop - I got it for xmas. I haven't read it yet but I think it will be next.

I am a bit behind on their episodes. I need to catch up. But I love this Dua Lipa song so I'll listen to this next.

I'll have the results up soon!

So I thought that Kesha's album came out today. I also thought it came out last Fri. I really am just rolling my thought forward each week until the darn thing shows up. When???

Mac's new album is out. I have only listened one time through. Immediate impression: something is missing. I know Mac was a perfectionist and I'm wondering if his last touch on the album is what is missing. That last layer of production, the last few rearrangements, smoothing out, etc. I liked it. I need to spend more time with it. @Jonathan Y - what say you?

Mac's new album is out. I have only listened one time through. Immediate impression: something is missing. I know Mac was a perfectionist and I'm wondering if his last touch on the album is what is missing. That last layer of production, the last few rearrangements, smoothing out, etc. I liked it. I need to spend more time with it. @Jonathan Y - what say you?
Without knowing much about the production of album or Mac himself, perhaps there was a fear for Jon Brion (a brilliant musician and producer, who I understand was responsible for helping finish a lot of the album) that adding too many bells and whistles than what was already there might have been dishonest to what Mac's vision would have been. When you have to make additions to a posthumous project, I'm sure it's hard to shake the insecurities of whether or not the artist would have approved and unlike other cynical posthumous albums, this album was clearly born from a love and respect of Mac's legacy and I can see them wanting to not interfere too much because of that.

I'll have the results up soon!

So I thought that Kesha's album came out today. I also thought it came out last Fri. I really am just rolling my thought forward each week until the darn thing shows up. When???

I have made it about halfway thru! I will finish it up now!

Forms response chart. Question title: Choose 3. Number of responses: 66 responses.

Pop Tarts and Allies of Pop Tarts! I now present to you the 3 songs that best represent pop in the 2010s as chosen by us!

#1 - Royals by Lorde
#2 - Dancing On My Own - Robyn
#3 - Run Away With Me - Carly Rae Jepsen.

Formation by Beyonce was in that #3 spot until yesterday. CRJ and Bey were battling it out for that last spot. Robyn was on top for the first few days but then Lorde came roaring through.

This was so much fun. It was a welcome distraction during the stressful holiday season. It provided us with a playlist that I will listen to often. To each and every person that nominated and voted, thank you!

And not to brag or anything (yep, totally bragging), but all 3 of my nominations are in the final 4. The Robyn, CRJ and Bey songs were my 3. :)

View attachment 29582

Pop Tarts and Allies of Pop Tarts! I now present to you the 3 songs that best represent pop in the 2010s as chosen by us!

#1 - Royals by Lorde
#2 - Dancing On My Own - Robyn
#3 - Run Away With Me - Carly Rae Jepsen.

Formation by Beyonce was in that #3 spot until yesterday. CRJ and Bey were battling it out for that last spot. Robyn was on top for the first few days but then Lorde came roaring through.

This was so much fun. It was a welcome distraction during the stressful holiday season. It provided us with a playlist that I will listen to often. To each and every person that nominated and voted, thank you!

And not to brag or anything (yep, totally bragging), but all 3 of my nominations are in the final 4. The Robyn, CRJ and Bey songs were my 3. :)

Funny..those are the three i picked, but if I was actually ranking them, I'd have gone in reverse order.

Back