PopTarts Unite!

That's so weird that yours is coming from Oregon. Mine shipped from Laurel, MD.
OK. That is less than an hour from me.

Now I'm confused and a little bit upset. Seems to me Target maybe pulled a Voldemort and is not shipping intelligently and efficiently.

You hush! ;)

That makes sense. Mine is being shipped from Oregon. Oregon to MD is a bit further than Oregon to San Fran. I'll allow it.
That's so weird that yours is coming from Oregon. Mine shipped from Laurel, MD.
Yeah, mine is coming from Oregon. It would have been really funny off mine shipped from Maryland and yours Oregon!

I assume this was all crafty logistics intended to ensure that no one received their albums before release day.

I assume this was all crafty logistics intended to ensure that no one received their albums before release day.
OR! They've been infiltrated by voldemort. Because isn't release date Friday? Mine won't get here til Tues. That seems a bit of some overkill.

My Lover vinyl is in my town, but hasn't yet been transferred to USPS for delivery...still could happen today, but tomorrow seems more likely.
In other Taylor-related news, that song she did for Cats is just umm...not good. :confused:

I'm extremely jealous you will have yours this weekend. Please post pics! I might not see them in Fresh Grabs though.

I am really hesitant about that Cats movie. I will watch it. I love Idris and Taylor. But, yeah, it seems a bit misguided. I guess I'll listen to the song? I don't have high expectations for it so anything above bad would be a pleasant surprise.

I'm extremely jealous you will have yours this weekend. Please post pics! I might not see them in Fresh Grabs though.

I am really hesitant about that Cats movie. I will watch it. I love Idris and Taylor. But, yeah, it seems a bit misguided. I guess I'll listen to the song? I don't have high expectations for it so anything above bad would be a pleasant surprise.
Hope yours arrives earlier than scheduled.

Part of my not liking the song might have to do with me not really being into showtunes.

In other Taylor-related news, that song she did for Cats is just umm...not good. :confused:
This is my shocked face:
82538228.jpg

I’m running as far away from anything having to do with that movie as possible.

@Teeeee @NathanRicaud

First impressions of Pang: it needs to grow on me. I can tell its something I can come to really enjoy and appreciate if I digest it a bit more but I don't think it hit me with the immediacy it did you two. However - I definitely liked it and already many of the songs I've heard a few times have grown on me so that leads me to believe the rest of the album will follow suit. I was impressed by a lot of it and I think I definitely preferred a lot of the songs later in the album to the first half. I need to give it more time and more listens but it's definitely a good album.

@Teeeee @NathanRicaud

First impressions of Pang: it needs to grow on me. I can tell its something I can come to really enjoy and appreciate if I digest it a bit more but I don't think it hit me with the immediacy it did you two. However - I definitely liked it and already many of the songs I've heard a few times have grown on me so that leads me to believe the rest of the album will follow suit. I was impressed by a lot of it and I think I definitely preferred a lot of the songs later in the album to the first half. I need to give it more time and more listens but it's definitely a good album.
I’m low-key devastated because I really thought you would’ve connected with that album straight away, because it’s left-field, abstract, and her vocals really stand out! I was really like “Gap is going to absolutely love this album! Cannot wait for her to fully hear it!” 🙈😇

Like, I’m probably deluded but I was like “I reckon Gap will like Pang more than Charli” 😂🤷‍♂️

But yeah, I’m glad you said what you said. I’m happy to hear that songs from the album have already grown on you! I know you like the album, but I know you don’t love it. This is so pathetic, but I just wish I could listen to the album with you in person so you can feel my feelings with all the tracks! Like remember how I kinda guided Teeeee with Weyes Blood’s Andromeda? I want to do that with you with all the songs on Pang! but in person! 😂🤫

Like, I low-key can’t help about how surprised I am that you don’t ‘love’ the album. I feel like I’ve put on an outfit I love so much, and you’re like “I like it, it’s not the best. But maybe it’ll grow on me” 🥺😔

Nah, it’s all good! I was a bit like that with Charli! I really liked the album, like an 8.0/10 but it’s grown on me much more and is like an 8.9/10! It’s an amazing album! 😊

I’m low-key devastated because I really thought you would’ve connected with that album straight away, because it’s left-field, abstract, and her vocals really stand out! I was really like “Gap is going to absolutely love this album! Cannot wait for her to fully hear it!” 🙈😇

Like, I’m probably deluded but I was like “I reckon Gap will like Pang more than Charli” 😂🤷‍♂️

But yeah, I’m glad you said what you said. I’m happy to hear that songs from the album have already grown on you! I know you like the album, but I know you don’t love it. This is so pathetic, but I just wish I could listen to the album with you in person so you can feel my feelings with all the tracks! Like remember how I kinda guided Teeeee with Weyes Blood’s Andromeda? I want to do that with you with all the songs on Pang! but in person! 😂🤫

Like, I low-key can’t help about how surprised I am that you don’t ‘love’ the album. I feel like I’ve put on an outfit I love so much, and you’re like “I like it, it’s not the best. But maybe it’ll grow on me” 🥺😔

Nah, it’s all good! I was a bit like that with Charli! I really liked the album, like an 8.0/10 but it’s grown on me much more and is like an 8.9/10! It’s an amazing album! 😊
I knew you would feel devastated, haha, I'm sorry! I still enjoyed it and this is me speaking only after one listen. That's important because not many albums completely wow me on first listen in the first place, I usually have to let them grow on me and a lot of those experiences are the most rewarding. This is an album I'll definitely be returning to and maybe I'll reach the same point as you and Teeeee in really loving it!

I knew you would feel devastated, haha, I'm sorry! I still enjoyed it and this is me speaking only after one listen. That's important because not many albums completely wow me on first listen in the first place, I usually have to let them grow on me and a lot of those experiences are the most rewarding. This is an album I'll definitely be returning to and maybe I'll reach the same point as you and Teeeee in really loving it!
Don’t apologise to me about your average music taste! Nah just kidding 😂😈

Yeah, and I really like and respect that most anticipated albums don’t “WOW” you on the first listen! I kind be like that at times too! We are all like that honestly! And the opposite happens too! Some albums just don’t sound as good to our ears as they used to!

PS - Today I purchased the blood/clear with read splatter variant of Clipping’s “There Existed an Addiction to Blood” 🎉🎉🎉

Don’t apologise to me about your average music taste! Nah just kidding 😂😈

Yeah, and I really like and respect that most anticipated albums don’t “WOW” you on the first listen! I kind be like that at times too! We are all like that honestly! And the opposite happens too! Some albums just don’t sound as good to our ears as they used to!

PS - Today I purchased the blood/clear with read splatter variant of Clipping’s “There Existed an Addiction to Blood” 🎉🎉🎉
Average? @Teeeee will have you know that I have #impeccabletaste 😇 (if she still thinks that I do, lol)

Seriously though, I will listen to it more. I'm sure it will cast its sneaky charms on me soon enough~~

And yay for clipping.! I'm glad you were able to get a copy. Like I said earlier, I can vouch for it being a really impressive pressing/package

Average? @Teeeee will have you know that I have #impeccabletaste 😇 (if she still thinks that I do, lol)

Seriously though, I will listen to it more. I'm sure it will cast its sneaky charms on me soon enough~~

And yay for clipping.! I'm glad you were able to get a copy. Like I said earlier, I can vouch for it being a really impressive pressing/package
Mmmmmm and that’s why I was a bit devastated that you didn’t ‘love’ Pang on first listen! Because I really, really like your music taste! And you’re also so young on top and just mysterious! I think your music taste is honestly impeccable too and it’s one of a kind! 💎

In the JQBX room, I’ll be guiding you on some of the tracks from the first half of the album that sort of underwhelmed you lol. Like I’m actually going to play them and transfer my feelings and energy and love for them to you! And I will hypnotise you! Muhahahahaha! 😈

Mmmmmm and that’s why I was a bit devastated that you didn’t ‘love’ Pang on first listen! Because I really, really like your music taste! And you’re also so young on top and just mysterious! I think your music taste is honestly impeccable too and it’s one of a kind! 💎

In the JQBX room, I’ll be guiding you on some of the tracks from the first half of the album that sort of underwhelmed you lol. Like I’m actually going to play them and transfer my feelings and energy and love for them to you! And I will hypnotise you! Muhahahahaha! 😈
You flatter me, Nathan
j1RddKC.gif

And we can have a JQBX date where you can show me all of the brilliant hidden layers of Pang ^_^

Back