PopTarts Unite!

So I remember hearing rumors of a deluxe version of Future Nostalgia happening a while back. Anyone ever hear anything further on that?

Dua Lipa confirmed that it exists back in April. There's still not much publicly known about the contents. There was a leak of supposed "Side B" material in dark outlets of the internet.

So, I’m not huge into pop, but am looking to expand, looking for some recommendations. Recent albums that I really like are Anna Of The North’s Dream Girl, Clairo’s Diary and Immunity. For older stuff, Lorde’s first album. For much older stuff, Nelly Furtado’s first album.

I guess I’m looking for stuff similar to those albums to start. Thanks!

For older stuff, Lorde’s first album.

You might enjoy Allie X - Cape God. Similar brand of dark, ethereal synthpop. One of my favorite pop releases of the year.

Recent albums that I really like are Anna Of The North’s Dream Girl, Clairo’s Diary and Immunity.

Sounds like bedroom pop. Perhaps you've heard of Soccer Mommy, Samia, and Yumi Zouma? If not, try their records from this year:

Soccer Mommy - color theory
Samia - The Baby
Yumi Zouma - Truth and Consequences

Hopefully those'll be a start!

You might enjoy Allie X - Cape God. Similar brand of dark, ethereal synthpop. One of my favorite pop releases of the year.

Sounds like bedroom pop. Perhaps you've heard of Soccer Mommy, Samia, and Yumi Zouma? If not, try their records from this year:

Soccer Mommy - color theory
Samia - The Baby
Yumi Zouma - Truth and Consequences

Hopefully those'll be a start!
Thanks! I’ve only heard of Soccer Mommy, so I’ll check all of those out.

I feel horrible for saying this, but I'm not really feeling the new songs by Kylie Minogue.
They’re not good in my opinion either. They all sound outdated and bland in my opinion. Kylie Minogue will never have an album as good as Fever in my opinion and so single as infectious as the ones from that album!

@wynn72 - I’ve got a question for you!

What is your favourite 2006 album out of these albums:

Pussycat Dolls - PCD
Fergie - The Dutchess
Nelly Furtado - Loose

All three of those albums came out in 2006 and all three of them had so many mega hit singles from each album!

Nelly Furtado had the #1 hit singles Promiscuous and Say It Right and Maneater was huge as well. Do It and All Good Things we’re big international hits as well.

Pussycat Dolls had the #1 hit single Don’t Cha. Buttons and Stickwitu were also top 10 hits and Beep and Wait a Minute were also catchy songs that chatted well too!

Fergie had five top 10 singles and three of them were #1 singles! Glamorous being the best of the #1 singles and the cutesy, computerised sound of Clumsy with that old school sample is amazing! Fergalicious is retro yet very modern! London Bridge is an abrasive party song that really does sound it was influenced by Gwen Stefani’s Hollerback Girl and M.I.A.’s exuberant style.

Not to mention Beyoncé and Rihanna also had albums from 2006 which both contained #1 singles from them and other major hits too!

But we both know the best pop album of 2006 was Justin Timberlake’s FutureSexLoveSounds which contained three #1 hits and was easily the most futuristic album and set the bar for pop music at the time!

2006 was loaded for pop, ey! 😱

Back