PopTarts Unite!

FUCK FUCK FUCK the Sawayama vinyl is starting to show up as "Sold Out" everywhere. Goddamn it.
Put an order in an at Norman Records so now just crossing my fingers it goes through.

Being a fan of pop music and a collector of vinyl is way more stress than it should be. Watch it be restocked in a few days and I look like an idiot 🤪 I hate FOMO so muchhhhh

She killed it!! 🤯🤯🤯

I am absolutely mindblown.

As a first impression, I loved how the album is bookended by undeniably abrasive bangers. The mix of more frisky, kittenish textures in the middle songs of the album (particularly on songs like "detonate" and "party 4 u") bore a luxurious balance. I appreciate "claws" far more now in context. She continues to push the envelope and leaves little to no doubt about her experimental direction in the record's final moments. I was pummeled by "anthems" in particular.

A.G. Cook comes through once again. Charli XCX continues to give me reasons to convince me she is the best popstar of the last 5 years. I guess a month and a half is all you need when you're this supremely gifted! ❤

Last edited:
Back