PopTarts Unite!

While I think "Love Again" is still my favorite on Future Nostalgia I've noticed I've been listening to "Break My Heart" a lot more lately than just about any other track which is interesting since it didnt immediately jump out to me as one of the better songs on my first few listens. The gift that keeps on giving 🤩

A few comments (I enjoy discussing this album, of course):

1) Honestly, I think it's natural to enjoy "Break My Heart" both for it being a bop and ironically. I mentioned before that the chorus alone makes it the COVID-19 anthem!​
2) While I absolutely adore the track "Love Again" (but probably not to the extent that you do), I never find myself listening to it as a standalone piece. I don't know why that is. Only when I run the album front to back does it receive an uptick in my play count. Perhaps because the track length is the longest? Pathetic excuse, I know...​
3) For me, I've been most fascinated with "Hallucinate" in the past two weeks. I am convinced that Dua was listening to Madonna's Confessions On a Dance Floor for heavy inspiration. The vocals on the chorus are some of my favorite across all of "Future Nostalgia." I'm interested to see if in future single/album efforts if she'll pursue a more specific disco-esque sound in that vein. Don't get me wrong, I still revel in the comprehensive sound of the record's first half, as "Levitating" remains my go-to!​

Levitating, Love Again & Break My Heart are the 3 best tracks on Future Nostalgia in my opinion, and they are all together in the tracklisting! Even better, Side B starts off with Levitating, then goes into Love Again, then Into Break My Heart! Apart from those three tracks Future Nostalgia and Don’t Start Now are the other strong highlights! 💎

Freaking love Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia! Such a fun, addictive album! 🔥🔥🔥

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! 🙉🙉🙉
Forgot to tag you here.
I've got a feeling that you'll love this:
Yes, P4K led me to this release, but it's stunning.
Some real good R&B.

KeiyaA - Forever, Ya Girl

No vinyl yet, but she posted about a pre-order "soon".
Maybe VMP will be involved - who knows.
All I know is: I love it. I want it.
Enjoy.

@phramenma - I’m digging this KeiyaA album overall! It’s got an astro/space/gravity sound but also has a claustrophobic yet airy sound! Some of the beats on here are incredible, namely on the tracks “Every n*gga is a star”, “Way Eye”, “Negus Poem 1 & 2” and “Rectifiya”. I love how the production overall is layered, semi lo-fi sounding and off-kilter, yet KeiyaA’s vocals are soulful and youthful. It’s definitely a fresh vibe!

Some songs I feel like the production overpowers, KeiyaA’s reflective, dreamy vocals, like on tracks such as “Hvnli” and “Forreal???”. But for the most part, the production and vocals mix well together!

Let’s hope VMP make this album a future Rising VMP exclusive! I remember saying the same thing for Christelle Bofale last year after you showed me her amazing single “U Ouchea” and....LOOK! It just happened! 🥂 And the VMP pressing looks gorgeous and is pressed at 45RPM too! 🔥🔥🔥

Back