PopTarts Unite!

Dearest Carly Slay -

I want to apologize on behalf of the N&G forum. We doubted you. We had the audacity to question whether Dedicated could live up to the mastery of Emotion. We were wrong to do that.

We will never doubt you again.

Humbly yours,
Teeeee

In all seriousness, I spent a good amount of time with Dedicated this weekend. And it clicked. It is SICK!!! So so so so good.

Dedicated is good. Not as good as Emotion (how could it be?), but it's really good.

BUT

Last week was Eurovision. The Olympics of gay pop music. There were a couple of REALLY good songs. Let me show you a couple of 'em.

And this HISTORICAL event of a woman singing opera pop swinging in a bending pole:

(I swear to you: I cry a little every time I watch it. It's a song about overcoming depression, so it gets me in so many ways)

Dedicated is good. Not as good as Emotion (how could it be?), but it's really good.

BUT

Last week was Eurovision. The Olympics of gay pop music. There were a couple of REALLY good songs. Let me show you a couple of 'em.

And this HISTORICAL event of a woman singing opera pop swinging in a bending pole:

(I swear to you: I cry a little every time I watch it. It's a song about overcoming depression, so it gets me in so many ways)

My friend is REALLY into Eurovision and has been trying to get several of us into it for year. This year, she threw a party. I attended. And got really into it too! So, I was rather displeased when The Netherlands won! That song was not good! Sweden was robbed! But that Australia pole swaying is amazing!

Also, the guy that sang the "Come on Barbie, let's go party" in that song by Aqua was the same guy that did the traditional chanting in the song by Norway. That was a great song too!

So, really, I'm asking you to post the Sweden and Norway songs.

My friend is REALLY into Eurovision and has been trying to get several of us into it for year. This year, she threw a party. I attended. And got really into it too! So, I was rather displeased when The Netherlands won! That song was not good! Sweden was robbed! But that Australia pole swaying is amazing!

Also, the guy that sang the "Come on Barbie, let's go party" in that song by Aqua was the same guy that did the traditional chanting in the song by Norway. That was a great song too!

So, really, I'm asking you to post the Sweden and Norway songs.

Oh god, don't get me started on the Netherlands song. That was... yeah, no, boring AF.
Sweden always sends amazing songs; I was not a fan of the song they sent this year because it had a vibe to the song Austria sent last year.
Last year they sent Benjamin Ingrosso, the man of our wet dreams, and the song was SOOO good too:

And the song from Norway...
I really don't know what to say about it. Seriously. I mean, it's a mix of a great pop song mixed with the most embarrasing thing I've heard since the "come on Barbie let's go party". I hate it and I love it. And that's basically what Eurovision represents, tbh.
I don't know if you have seen the official video, but it increases the cringe:

I mean, they made a meeting and decided that wearing those things were a great idea. How CRAZY is that?

Edit: The girl has a beautiful voice, so nice and sweet. I hope she gets a solo career.

Back