PopTarts Unite!

I have a confession to make.
Maybe I should say this on the confessions thread, but I feel this is a better place to do it.

I don't love Dedicated.
I think it's barely ok. And a huge part of that appreciation is because, well, it's Carly Rae Jepsen.

I mean, CARLY, WHERE THE FUCK IS "PARTY FOR ONE"??? I wasn't expecting to make Emotion Pt. 3, but that single was really good... and she didn't include it on the album. WTF. There's a moment where the album really starts to become a cloudy buzz of songs that doesn't leave an impact, specially everything after "The sound". It's a group of unmemorable songs.

And, here's my biggest problem.
As I said before, I wasn't expecting her to do Emotion again. But Emotion B-Side is AMAZING. And then she made "Cut to the feeling". I guess "Cut to the feeling" is her best song yet. So... she set the bar so high. And this is abismally different. Dedicated sounds inspired, but... boring. Bland. I don't know. I think I should love this more, but I just don't. And I've been listening to this album for, how much, six months? I feel guilty, I really do.

And then there's also the purple vinyl. WTF, there's nothing purple about this album.

I have a confession to make.
Maybe I should say this on the confessions thread, but I feel this is a better place to do it.

I don't love Dedicated.
I think it's barely ok. And a huge part of that appreciation is because, well, it's Carly Rae Jepsen.

I mean, CARLY, WHERE THE FUCK IS "PARTY FOR ONE"??? I wasn't expecting to make Emotion Pt. 3, but that single was really good... and she didn't include it on the album. WTF. There's a moment where the album really starts to become a cloudy buzz of songs that doesn't leave an impact, specially everything after "The sound". It's a group of unmemorable songs.

And, here's my biggest problem.
As I said before, I wasn't expecting her to do Emotion again. But Emotion B-Side is AMAZING. And then she made "Cut to the feeling". I guess "Cut to the feeling" is her best song yet. So... she set the bar so high. And this is abismally different. Dedicated sounds inspired, but... boring. Bland. I don't know. I think I should love this more, but I just don't. And I've been listening to this album for, how much, six months? I feel guilty, I really do.

And then there's also the purple vinyl. WTF, there's nothing purple about this album.
It's ok not to like it. It is different.

I didn't know Party of One was not on the album. It is on Spotify. But I just looked it up - it isn't on the CD or vinyl. Weird. It is the last song on the album on Spotify. And it always does jolt me a little bit. It is a bop after a few more chill songs.

Do you not like Feels Right? It's after The Sound, which is why I ask. I love that song so much.

It's ok not to like it. It is different.

I didn't know Party of One was not on the album. It is on Spotify. But I just looked it up - it isn't on the CD or vinyl. Weird. It is the last song on the album on Spotify. And it always does jolt me a little bit. It is a bop after a few more chill songs.

Do you not like Feels Right? It's after The Sound, which is why I ask. I love that song so much.
"For Sure" and "Party for One" are bonus tracks but aren't marked as such on Spotify.

Has anyone seen Teen Spirit with Elle Fanning? I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Elle is a revelation in it. I had no idea she has such a voice. Songs by Robyn, Sigrid and Ellie Goulding, among others, are featured.

I think my fellow pop tarts will enjoy it. It is not going to win awards. It's just pop fun.

Has anyone seen Teen Spirit with Elle Fanning? I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Elle is a revelation in it. I had no idea she has such a voice. Songs by Robyn, Sigrid and Ellie Goulding, among others, are featured.

I think my fellow pop tarts will enjoy it. It is not going to win awards. It's just pop fun.
@teefer has played some songs from it in the JQBX before!

I liked the film, but mostly for the songs and visuals. Minghella seems like he might be a director to watch.

I have an extra copy of the soundtrack vinyl, Mondo sent it to me twice by mistake. If you want it, it's yours.

Ugh. I swear I remember seeing the Number 1 Angel / Pop 2 vinyl somewhere at a decent price just a few months ago. Now I'm looking again and can't find a listing under $100. Sad face.

Last edited:
Back