PopTarts Unite!

Friends, have we talked about this? If so, I missed it so can we talk about it again?

SHE IS 17!!! This is an amazing performance.

I continue to say Billie is easily going to be one of the big musical icons of her generation. It's amazing what she's accomplished and she 100% deserves her success.

Also - fucking hell, you'd think I'd have learned not to look at YouTube comments at this point. Ignorant assholes make me so mad. If I see the phrase "mumble pop" ever again, I'm going berserk, lol

I don't think many of you guys would know about Holiday Sidewinder, but her debut album Forever or Whatever comes out today and it's absolutely worth a listen. She's been putting it together for something like 7 years and it's absolutely pristine, but provocatively filthy too.

Might just have overtaken CRJ as my pop AOTY.

I continue to say Billie is easily going to be one of the big musical icons of her generation. It's amazing what she's accomplished and she 100% deserves her success.

Also - fucking hell, you'd think I'd have learned not to look at YouTube comments at this point. Ignorant assholes make me so mad. If I see the phrase "mumble pop" ever again, I'm going berserk, lol
1000% deserves her success.

The youtube comment section is among the worst out there. Asshats. Never read the comments.

Dear fans of pop music, I wanna talk about Loreen.

She won Eurovision in 2012 with "Euphoria", a song that was huge in Europe but (unsurprisingly) had little to no success in America. [I included the live performance of the song instead of the original video because the coreography is EVERYTHING].
Then she released her first album, Heal, which included some bangers like "My heart is refusing me" and the amazing "Heal" (which can make me cry very easily). It is europop indeed, but there's something about her voice and her performance that make her something else; maybe her icy, sensual, sexual voice, so mysterious and so open at the same time. You can see on her videos that she is SAYING something, instead of making just a video for promotion.
Then she released a couple of singles like the powerful "We got the power" and "Paper light" (her best song yet IMO), and then a couple of years ago, after a fight with her record label, she released her second album, Ride. It was interesting how she decided to change her sound; instead of europop, she went for a mix of Chris Isaak and Lana del Rey (listen to the first single, "71 Charger" and you'll get an idea).

And I'll shut up because it's obvious that I've listening to Loreen for the last couple of days and enjoying her music a lot. I think @Teeeee and @NathanRicaud would particularly enjoy her albums. But if anybody else fall under her spell, that'd be great.

Dear fans of pop music, I wanna talk about Loreen.

She won Eurovision in 2012 with "Euphoria", a song that was huge in Europe but (unsurprisingly) had little to no success in America. [I included the live performance of the song instead of the original video because the coreography is EVERYTHING].
Then she released her first album, Heal, which included some bangers like "My heart is refusing me" and the amazing "Heal" (which can make me cry very easily). It is europop indeed, but there's something about her voice and her performance that make her something else; maybe her icy, sensual, sexual voice, so mysterious and so open at the same time. You can see on her videos that she is SAYING something, instead of making just a video for promotion.
Then she released a couple of singles like the powerful "We got the power" and "Paper light" (her best song yet IMO), and then a couple of years ago, after a fight with her record label, she released her second album, Ride. It was interesting how she decided to change her sound; instead of europop, she went for a mix of Chris Isaak and Lana del Rey (listen to the first single, "71 Charger" and you'll get an idea).

And I'll shut up because it's obvious that I've listening to Loreen for the last couple of days and enjoying her music a lot. I think @Teeeee and @NathanRicaud would particularly enjoy her albums. But if anybody else fall under her spell, that'd be great.

I love how cheesily dramatic Eurovision is. And wow! How was she hitting those notes while dancing like that! I'm gonna go check out her albums now.

I don't think many of you guys would know about Holiday Sidewinder, but her debut album Forever or Whatever comes out today and it's absolutely worth a listen. She's been putting it together for something like 7 years and it's absolutely pristine, but provocatively filthy too.

This album is sweet pop goodness! Thank you so much for the rec.

Also, did anyone else happen to see a certain Voldemort staff member that used to be one of us post on IG about this very album? And how he introduced it to another Voldemort staff member who may be the opposite of slower still? They are definitely coming in here and taking our ideas.

Can we lock this forum down so that they have to sign in as users in order to even view??? @Colonel_Angus ? Thoughts? We don't have to discuss it here but sheesh. They are just so insanely jealous, they are actin a fool.

Last edited:

yeah, gave this a listen yesterday. Great stuff

Random question for my fellow Pop Tarts: what's your favorite pre-Emotion CRJ song?

For me, it's this one by a landslide:

I also love this 2012-ass lyrics video.

Is Call Me Maybe disqualified? Then Turn Me Up is my next answer.

Back