Political Discussion

Except for people in brownstones, condos and row housing with no yards. Or those experiencing homelessness. Or people who can't afford seeds and tools, which will surely become more and more expensive as capitalism slips further and further into its death throes, and... FUCK, now I'm even more pissed off and depressed than usual. :mad:😤🤯😶‍🌫️
Deep breaths. Just look at this green pepper growing in my garden. I plan to use it’s seeds for next years peppers and whatever I don’t have room to grow I will gift to my neighbors.

Revolutions start with small individual efforts. I’m going to try and do my part.

IMG_8656.jpeg

Deep breaths. Just look at this green pepper growing in my garden. I plan to use it’s seeds for next years peppers and whatever I don’t have room to grow I will gift to my neighbors.

Revolutions start with small individual efforts. I’m going to try and do my part.

View attachment 174782

I appreciate the heck out of you doing so and everybody else who does. Just feeling a bit frustrated by my wife's and my inability to do the same due to being in an upstairs condo, with any of the nearest community gardens all full.

Well it looks like he'll be getting away with it yet again...

This just screams something that should not happen. Obviously there are other judges available that wouldn't have such an obvious conflict of interest. Fuckin wild!

This just screams something that should not happen. Obviously there are other judges available that wouldn't have such an obvious conflict of interest. Fuckin wild!
Yeah, we'll see where it goes from here, it's obviously still very early. But it just always seems like the dude will just never face any consequences for his actions.

Many stores already have don't confront shoplifters policies, but California is making that a state law now.

Good for California!

The "invitation to steal" retailers speak of isn't this law, but the fact they refuse to hire adequate security to address theft if they're concerned it's going to be such an issue. Expecting your untrained minimum wage employees to play security is just asking for trouble - for them.

Pretty much every retail job I ever worked had a very explicit "hands off" policy, specifically for employee safety. And this is in a country with waaaaaaay less fucking guns! Hell, one of our Christmas Temps one year got written up for tripping a shoplifter who made a run from the cops in our back room one time. Boss didn't want to do it (it was a damn brilliant and well excuted move on the Temp's part - so he complimented him simultaneous to formally reprimanding him :ROFLMAO: ), but the policy was very explicit and that shit was on camera.

I've worked security before. A few times. And even with that experience and training there's no way in hell I would be confronting a shoplifter unless I was specifically working as security (which is not a job I ever have interest in doing again!)

If a business owner wants to confront a shoplifter... more power to 'em! But don't expect your (likely [very] underpayed) employees to do so. They likely aren't, and absolutely shouldn't be that invested!

37! The former president got 37 counts!

clerks-row.gif

Last edited:
Back