Political Discussion

Basically Roberts ruling states that there are problems with the voting rights act but this case doesn’t bear them out and the court ruled against Alabama because of precedent. In other words, “you didn’t do your job right Alabama. Try again.”

I know, but does precedent mean anything to the current SCOTUS?

No, I don't think that's too young. He's been a very big name in Televangelism, maybe even the biggest, and hard right Christian politics my whole life. He's regularly been on the news and Republicans sought his endorsement up until Trump. You've probably seen his name in a lot of the culture war bs over the years, even if it didn't stand out.

But he's one of about three of the people largely to blame for the insertion of evangelicalism into politics and American Christianity as pure greed and hate.

He's the, "blame terrorism on gay people" kind of asshole. A strain on the world and no loss to humanity.

So, in other words, this very well could be a true story?

8782647.gif

In a survey of more than 1500 business, 57% said the number one reason for persistent inflation is consumers acceptance to paying higher prices. Consumers are accepting the higher prices meaning they are still buying at the same rate they were previously. So, essentially good old fashion supply and demand. And demand has yet to be impacted by higher prices.

Corporations say that consumers are acceptant of the higher prices because they under stand that inflation is happening, manufactures costs are going up, and the cost of labor is going up therefor they are willing to pay more.

But the main issue here is most of this inflation is driven by greed. Prices are going up faster than costs and profit margins are at all time record highs for many companies. Proctor and Gamble has raised prices for essentials like toothpaste by double digit percentages in the past year alone.

I'm looking at it as I don't have a choice. These are essential goods. I need to buy them whether or not they raise the prices. I can't choose not to buy them or switch to another brand if they all have gone up in price.

So it's a sticky situation that's hard to get out of. Consumers will be acceptant of price increases until we reach a bursting point. And we are still a ways off from that with essential goods. Only luxury items are seeing decrease in demand at this time.

In a survey of more than 1500 business, 57% said the number one reason for persistent inflation is consumers acceptance to paying higher prices. Consumers are accepting the higher prices meaning they are still buying at the same rate they were previously. So, essentially good old fashion supply and demand. And demand has yet to be impacted by higher prices.

Corporations say that consumers are acceptant of the higher prices because they under stand that inflation is happening, manufactures costs are going up, and the cost of labor is going up therefor they are willing to pay more.

But the main issue here is most of this inflation is driven by greed. Prices are going up faster than costs and profit margins are at all time record highs for many companies. Proctor and Gamble has raised prices for essentials like toothpaste by double digit percentages in the past year alone.

I'm looking at it as I don't have a choice. These are essential goods. I need to buy them whether or not they raise the prices. I can't choose not to buy them or switch to another brand if they all have gone up in price.

So it's a sticky situation that's hard to get out of. Consumers will be acceptant of price increases until we reach a bursting point. And we are still a ways off from that with essential goods. Only luxury items are seeing decrease in demand at this time.
How dare we continue to keep buying food at these record high prices...

Waiting for the moment when we all start subsistence farming agai

Except for people in brownstones, condos and row housing with no yards. Or those experiencing homelessness. Or people who can't afford seeds and tools, which will surely become more and more expensive as capitalism slips further and further into its death throes, and... FUCK, now I'm even more pissed off and depressed than usual. :mad:😤🤯😶‍🌫️

Back