Political Discussion

What? Rich guys being completely out of touch with reality because they are insulated by more money than God?? I would have never guessed.
I mean this is ABSOLUTELY the kind of obvious major disaster you hire seasoned campaign professionals to help prevent. Whoever told him this was a good plan should be fired immediately. Just a Veep-level act of totally avoidable humiliation.

Just a Veep-level act of totally avoidable humiliation.

200w.gif

So -- in a bizarro twist -- I'm IT but also union. De Santis, whose evil douchebaggery knows no bounds, is of course, anti-union. He recently passed some laws about this (here) which, long story short and among other things, means that my dues can no longer be collected by my employer and then paid to the union, but must instead be paid directly my the union member to the union. This under the guise of 'oh you know teachers don't know all the stuff they're signing, they're being taken advantage of, this is a paycheck protection measure', but it's real intent is to get enough people out of unions either by inertia (they don't pay because setting it up is harder than just a simple checkbox when you sign up; now you have to setup a CC or a ACH pull, manually,) or by getting folks off the rolls beecause they're just not aware of the change, which takes effect July 1st. So today I had to go in to one of the union voting stations to vote to ratify our current contract (contracts get signed every few years and changes in between signings are done via Memorandum Of Understanding; but of course the law change makes those vanish like a fart in the wind, so we need to ratify anything we want to keep before the ratfucker does this shit)

My favorite fucking part is that ostensibly this is being done by him not because he's a stupid fuckweasel (although of course he is also a stupid fuckweasel,) but because he's pro-business and thus, anti-union. EXCEPT THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THE WHOLE THING WITH FUCKING MICKEY MOUSE ABOUT MOTHERFUCKER.

I am just spitting mad about this bullshit.

That’s lame. My union just fought a prolonged negotiation with the former superintendent of Maimi schools. He thought he was going to push us around. Well we needed up getting a 24% raise over 2 years. 4 points more than we originally asked for. The retro and increases start rolling in next month. It’s gonna be a fun summer!

That’s lame. My union just fought a prolonged negotiation with the former superintendent of Maimi schools. He thought he was going to push us around. Well we needed up getting a 24% raise over 2 years. 4 points more than we originally asked for. The retro and increases start rolling in next month. It’s gonna be a fun summer!
if you would like some colorful language to use on him in spanish, lmk, because for sure he's not getting cursed out enough wherever he is

My bassic takeaway from this is if we come to an agreement on the debt ceiling we will not actually resolve the impasse, only differ the impasse for a few weeks.

The spending caps are unrealistic and totally not feasible. And if history holds true, that will put the pressure on individual bills to keep increasing the debt ceiling in piecemeal.

This is beautiful. Now the Right is angry that Chick-fil-a is committing to a DEI agenda and wants to boycott Chick-fil-a now. There's going to be a point where these sad sacks of shit will have nowhere to shop, nowhere to eat, nothing to drink, and nowhere to visit since they are now boycotting anything and everyone that wants to entertain that the world is in fact changing and that's okay.

This is beautiful. Now the Right is angry that Chick-fil-a is committing to a DEI agenda and wants to boycott Chick-fil-a now. There's going to be a point where these sad sacks of shit will have nowhere to shop, nowhere to eat, nothing to drink, and nowhere to visit since they are now boycotting anything and everyone that wants to entertain that the world is in fact changing and that's okay.

And I hate the their excuse that "politics should be left out of fill in the blank" with pretty much everything these days.

That was an amazing article and I love this quote:

The same people who go on about free speech are actively trying to shut others up. The people obsessed with cancel culture are trying to cancel anyone who isn’t like them.
It's really no different from everything they used to accuse Democrats and the left for being with Obama. There was all the talk about "the cult of Obama" that the Left was entranced with. Then they go out and do the exact thing they accused others of with Trump. And you sure as hell can see a lot of them as cult members for Trump.

Even CA isn’t immune to these things

Back