Political Discussion

More giving in to terrorists. The violent opposition to the reality of there being LGBTQ+ people is very alarming.

More giving in to terrorists. The violent opposition to the reality of there being LGBTQ+ people is very alarming.

This is so beyond fucked up.

I saw some full-on satanic panic posts/articles yesterday regarding a designer they'd worked with on some Pride gear.

This is so beyond fucked up.
I'm very worried that we're going to have some mass casualty events during Pride Month. I simply don't get how this anger has been allowed to fester. A lot of it seems to coincide with this idea that LGBTQ+ and allies want to "groom children". This is why DeSantis must be stopped at all costs. He's normalizing this. The f'ing zealot he put on the Disney board called Disney, "groomers" and that they want to sexualize children.

I'm very worried that we're going to have some mass casualty events during Pride Month. I simply don't get how this anger has been allowed to fester. A lot of it seems to coincide with this idea that LGBTQ+ and allies want to "groom children". This is why DeSantis must be stopped at all costs. He's normalizing this. The f'ing zealot he put on the Disney board called Disney, "groomers" and that they want to sexualize children.
Musk turning full fascist in his support of Desantis as the "sane and normal" option is pure hatred and one of many reasons why becoming a billionaire should be illegal, why we need a French style revolution, and why punching fascists in the face should not only be acceptable but praised.

Can't get over the irony of the investigation around the Hernando County teacher who showed Strange World to her class, where the mom/board member who initiated the complaint says that God put her on the school board to stop the indoctrination of children.

Again: Using your position of power to claim that God personally charged you to...*prevent indoctrination.*

How do you reason with a person who believes that God wants her to make sure that children receive the education approved by christo-fascists so that they DON'T become indoctrinated by the state?

Can't get over the irony of the investigation around the Hernando County teacher who showed Strange World to her class, where the mom/board member who initiated the complaint says that God put her on the school board to stop the indoctrination of children.

Again: Using your position of power to claim that God personally charged you to...*prevent indoctrination.*

How do you reason with a person who believes that God wants her to make sure that children receive the education approved by christo-fascists so that they DON'T become indoctrinated by the state?
You can't. They're beyond reason. Irrationality can't be countered with logic and facts because it's based on the dismissal of their validity.

So -- in a bizarro twist -- I'm IT but also union. De Santis, whose evil douchebaggery knows no bounds, is of course, anti-union. He recently passed some laws about this (here) which, long story short and among other things, means that my dues can no longer be collected by my employer and then paid to the union, but must instead be paid directly my the union member to the union. This under the guise of 'oh you know teachers don't know all the stuff they're signing, they're being taken advantage of, this is a paycheck protection measure', but it's real intent is to get enough people out of unions either by inertia (they don't pay because setting it up is harder than just a simple checkbox when you sign up; now you have to setup a CC or a ACH pull, manually,) or by getting folks off the rolls beecause they're just not aware of the change, which takes effect July 1st. So today I had to go in to one of the union voting stations to vote to ratify our current contract (contracts get signed every few years and changes in between signings are done via Memorandum Of Understanding; but of course the law change makes those vanish like a fart in the wind, so we need to ratify anything we want to keep before the ratfucker does this shit)

My favorite fucking part is that ostensibly this is being done by him not because he's a stupid fuckweasel (although of course he is also a stupid fuckweasel,) but because he's pro-business and thus, anti-union. EXCEPT THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THE WHOLE THING WITH FUCKING MICKEY MOUSE ABOUT MOTHERFUCKER.

I am just spitting mad about this bullshit.

I'm hearing reports that DeSantis campaign didn't get off to a good start and he's become a mockery of the Trumpies. What happened?

In other news, the Debt Ceiling deadline is quickly approaching. I don't understand how both Biden and McCarthy can be cautiously optimistic about reaching a deal when both sides are still so far apart and unwilling to give.

The GOP will not allow any tax increases on the wealthy or corporations whatsoever. This is not something they will budge on. They also want budget cuts while increasing the defense budget.

The Dems have nothing let fo cut without reducing or taking away people's benefits, such as medicare, welfare, food stamps and what not which they are unwilling to do but the GOP would love to see them do.

Got to love the government is passionate and quick moving on legislation that doesn't make much sense and is based on dated ideas.

What are they passionate about? AM Radio.

Car manufactures have found out that very few people buying new cards are interest in or ever use AM Radio. With that said, car manufactures have started to remove AM Radio from their new models. And the government, or perhaps, AM Radio lobbyists, don't like this trend.

The house introduced a bipartisan bill on May 18 to mandate AM Radio in all cars. There reasoning? The Emergency Broadcast System uses AM radio. So in the event of a say a tornado warning, that warning would be relayed to people in the area over AM Radio.

But still, what's the point? If people aren't actively trying to tune into AM radio to hear it, they still are not going to hear it. They are for more likely to get the emergency notification on their phone than through AM radio.

There has never been a mandate before to require AM radio because of EBS, but it sounds like they are now creating laws like they did with 911 requiring access.

But how about we get with the times. There are other ways to transmit emergency notifications that are far more effective than AM radio at reaching people.

I feel like that's also because Right Wing radio is mostly on AM.

And yes, the DeSantis Spaces was a trainwreck that both Trump and Biden have already made memes about. We've fully entered the meme campaign era.

I'm hearing reports that DeSantis campaign didn't get off to a good start and he's become a mockery of the Trumpies. What happened?

Twitter crashed and no one showed up for desantis. It took 20 minutes to unfuck it and most people ditched except that were for elon

I feel like that's also because Right Wing radio is mostly on AM.

And yes, the DeSantis Spaces was a trainwreck that both Trump and Biden have already made memes about. We've fully entered the meme campaign era.
The Trump thing about this is the interesting but. Someone needs to ask desantis what he's going to do if he wins and Trump doesn't concede, because you just know he's not going to

Why why why why why why why would you turn over such a high-stakes moment in your personal & professional life, as well as potentially for the entire nation, into the care of E L O N M U S K?

The decision to launch his campaign in this manner is immediately, automatically disqualifying, EVEN IF he wasn't already a known crybaby fascist and EVEN IF it had gone off without a hitch. Entrusting something of this magnitude to Twitter in its current state is easily one of the worst, but most foreseeable, campaign mistakes of the modern era.

Why why why why why why why would you turn over such a high-stakes moment in your personal & professional life, as well as potentially for the entire nation, into the care of E L O N M U S K?

The decision to launch his campaign in this manner is immediately, automatically disqualifying, EVEN IF he wasn't already a known crybaby fascist and EVEN IF it had gone off without a hitch. Entrusting something of this magnitude to Twitter in its current state is easily one of the worst, but most foreseeable, campaign mistakes of the modern era.
What? Rich guys being completely out of touch with reality because they are insulated by more money than God?? I would have never guessed.

Back