Political Discussion

Another day in Texas, another mass shooting. This time at an outlet mall in Allen. I've been to that place a handful of times. Never once crossed my mind that some dude in tactical gear might kill me there. Oh you know what I do remember at that place? Getting the news of the Paris terrorist shootings at the Bataclan on my phone. My wife and I were heading there soon for her 40th birthday and it gave me pause. Now, I have to push past that happening at a damn outdoor shopping mall. But hooray for that 2nd Amendment.

When the story is framed around the insurrectionist sex offender's belief that the leftist boogeyman is "not corrupt," I'm not sure who is being knifed here.

Last edited:

Republicans continue their assault on Student Loans.

In addition to them attempting to block/end the student loan forgiveness program, there "Limit, Grow Act" bill that passed the house also targets new student loan repayment options set to go into effect later this year.

The updated income based repayment program particularly. Republicans are calling it "radical", big surprise there, and saying "it will cost taxpayers more money than any other regulation in our nation's history".

Before the student loan payment pause, millions of people defaulted on student loans every year. Mainly because they either didn't finish school and didn't end up with a job that pays enough to be able to make their payments, or they did complete school and their job doesn't pay them enough to be able to afford their minimum payments.

The new income based repayment program would make sure they can afford their payments. And prevent interest from ballooning, to solve the issue where currently income based repayment programs may have a payment that is less than interest resulting in the balance of loans to continue to grow and never be paid down.

Interest would essentially be forgiving for current and future student loan holders under this plan. Which republicans are stating will cost taxpayers between $100 and $350 billion over the next 10 years.

But is it really costing taxpayers money? It sounds more like it's costing revenue made by interest to me.

“That could haunt…” man this guys is still here despite everything that has happened.

Republicans continue their assault on Student Loans.

In addition to them attempting to block/end the student loan forgiveness program, there "Limit, Grow Act" bill that passed the house also targets new student loan repayment options set to go into effect later this year.

The updated income based repayment program particularly. Republicans are calling it "radical", big surprise there, and saying "it will cost taxpayers more money than any other regulation in our nation's history".

Before the student loan payment pause, millions of people defaulted on student loans every year. Mainly because they either didn't finish school and didn't end up with a job that pays enough to be able to make their payments, or they did complete school and their job doesn't pay them enough to be able to afford their minimum payments.

The new income based repayment program would make sure they can afford their payments. And prevent interest from ballooning, to solve the issue where currently income based repayment programs may have a payment that is less than interest resulting in the balance of loans to continue to grow and never be paid down.

Interest would essentially be forgiving for current and future student loan holders under this plan. Which republicans are stating will cost taxpayers between $100 and $350 billion over the next 10 years.

But is it really costing taxpayers money? It sounds more like it's costing revenue made by interest to me.
And they will get back all that money in tax revenue.

With Tucker Carlson announcing a new "show" on Twitter, tons of my conservative relatives are flocking back to the site, ready to lap up more of Tucker's lies and bigotry. Checking to see who all they're following makes me sad.

They're terrified of young voters.

"...he’ll call for increasing the automatic voting age to 25, unless a citizen 18 or older is enrolled in the military, works as a first-responder or passes the same civics test given to immigrants seeking American citizenship."

"...he’ll call for increasing the automatic voting age to 25, unless a citizen 18 or older is enrolled in the military, works as a first-responder or passes the same civics test given to immigrants seeking American citizenship."

Jesus.

I'm inclined the other direction. I know tons of 16 and 17-year-olds who are WAAAAAY more politically engaged than your average 30 or 40 -something.

terrified of the 26th amendment too apparently.

As some who has passed said test, it wouldnt be very good for deeply red states, looking at their education track records. So sure, give it a shot and see how well it plays out.

These people are absolutely fucking insane.

America might be getting too divided to the sports tradition of sports teams meeting the president at the White House to continue.

The University of Georgia's football team is just the latest team to turn down the invitation to meet with President Joe Biden at the White House.

Meeting with the president is an honor anymore for many people, instead for some they are just makes them "crazy mad" and want nothing to do with meeting the president of the United States.

America might be getting too divided to the sports tradition of sports teams meeting the president at the White House to continue.

The University of Georgia's football team is just the latest team to turn down the invitation to meet with President Joe Biden at the White House.

Meeting with the president is an honor anymore for many people, instead for some they are just makes them "crazy mad" and want nothing to do with meeting the president of the United States.

The head of state has called for me by name, but I don’t have time for him.

This really adds to my argument for abortion rights.

Back