Political Discussion

Ron Desantis has accused Disney of "forum shopping" when Disney sued the new board last week. Basically, Disney filed its lawsuit in the Northern Florida District, which has a judge who was appointed by Obama and who has ruled unfavorably to Ron Desantis policies in the past.

Therefor, Meatball Ron is essentially accusing Disney of being shady and Cherry Picking a judge who will rule in their favor.

When did we get the point that the right doesn't see judges appointed by the left as fit / just. And we categorize judges as "Obama Judges" as a method of throwing mud at them.
I mean, we can't have it both ways, we complain about Trump appointees to SCOTUS and other federal courts. The current SCOTUS is widely viewed and criticized for its right lean. I don't think there is a one of us on the left that thinks Judge Beer Bro should be on any court, much less SCOTUS.

Sadly the same here. People posting about a car sitting on the street with someone in it they don't recognize. Suddenly it's suspicious...

Also when the auditor's office comes around to take photos of the front of properties, the number of these types of posts goes up like crazy.

"saw somebody out taking photos of my house. looked suspicious"

Also there is no follow up of, like hey did you walk out and ask this person what they were doing before you posted some fear mongering post on the internet echo-chamber?
Do we really want the people that are posting this shit walking out? They're gonna do it with the gun, which is not going to result in whomever it is being in the best place to answer any questions.

The best part is if you point out the only (or most prominent) descriptor of these "suspicious characters" is always their race or signifiers which place them outside the "in class" of the community, everyone will close ranks and say you're the one who made it about race or class.
The only reason I don't ignore Nextdoor is because sometimes there is useful information. But it has become some stupid shit worse than twitter or facebook in many ways.

It's to the point in our neighborhood that I feel terribly for anyone who is African American or Hispanic who actually lives in the neighborhood. How they must be viewed with suspicion just for walking their dog or taking a piece of mail back to someone's box that got misdelivered. And you can guess the age of the people who typically post this stuff. Just move to the country or far flung exurb where scary minorities don't exist. What's funny is my friend in the suburb says his feed is the exact same. Black Lives Matter was the ultimate boogeyman after George Floyd. People were freaking out about a "Antifa brickpile" that was suspiciously left at the front of their neighborhood. Yeah, that was a construction crew that was building a brick wall around the entrance to the subdivision.
I basically live in the middle of the woods and you guys are all describing my feed too.

I just read this stories of the post office scandal in the uk from 20 years ago, but even before ai the mentality of computers can´t be wrong it must be people did tremendous damage

I think the ending of the second article, that opens a broader picture is especially important:

The no accountability for management is what really angers me.

Our system protects the capitalist class. They mess up, at worse they lose their job and get a massive severance package, but time and time again they continue to get bonuses and see their careers expand.

In the case of the post office, I can only imagine the faulty software was forced on them due to cost savings, likely through automating someone's job responsibilities.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
And because these stores are franchises, McDonalds as a corporation can't be touched. Also, did you see the pathetic fines?

The franchise was fined $39,711 as a result of these violations.

Meanwhile, Archways Richmond, based in Walton — about 80 miles northeast of Louisville, employed 242 14- and 15-year-olds who worked either too early or too late in the day.

Investigators said the franchise sometimes had teenagers working over three hours on a school day.
It was ordered to pay $143,566 in penalties as a result.

And Bell Restaurant Group, based in Louisville with additional restaurants in Maryland and Indiana also had 14 and 15 years olds working too early or too late into the night, and longer than allowed under law.

Fifty-eight of those teenagers were not paid overtime wages, federal officials say.
It was ordered to pay $14,730 in back wages and liquidated damages to the workers.

These stores can easily make up these profits in no time. Until there are harsher penalties, this is going to keep happening.

And because these stores are franchises, McDonalds as a corporation can't be touched. Also, did you see the pathetic fines?

The franchise was fined $39,711 as a result of these violations.

Meanwhile, Archways Richmond, based in Walton — about 80 miles northeast of Louisville, employed 242 14- and 15-year-olds who worked either too early or too late in the day.

Investigators said the franchise sometimes had teenagers working over three hours on a school day.
It was ordered to pay $143,566 in penalties as a result.

And Bell Restaurant Group, based in Louisville with additional restaurants in Maryland and Indiana also had 14 and 15 years olds working too early or too late into the night, and longer than allowed under law.

Fifty-eight of those teenagers were not paid overtime wages, federal officials say.
It was ordered to pay $14,730 in back wages and liquidated damages to the workers.

These stores can easily make up these profits in no time. Until there are harsher penalties, this is going to keep happening.

Also whilst fuck small fines, also fuck that compensation. So much more money should be in compensation to the underage workers that they exploited. They should be the priority here.

Also whilst fuck small fines, also fuck that compensation. So much more money should be in compensation to the underage workers that they exploited. They should be the priority here.

Instead we are arresting their parents for child labor law violations and take children away from their parents. And if they are here illegally, deporting them.

Our criminal justice system much more severely goes after the parents of these children. What the companies did isn't considered criminal, they just get slapped with a petty fine that's likely already baked into their operating budget.

Instead we are arresting their parents for child labor law violations and take children away from their parents. And if they are here illegally, deporting them.

Our criminal justice system much more severely goes after the parents of these children. What the companies did isn't considered criminal, they just get slapped with a petty fine that's likely already baked into their operating budget.

That’s corporate culture though isn’t it. Corporations seemingly can’t be found criminally liable for anything. They just have to pay compensation to affected parties, irrespective of how seriously they’ve been affected.

Who is ready for their fourth once or fifth once in a lifetime economic collapse in about a month? Starting to hear from people I know that they are losing their jobs.

Meanwhile we had yet another strong jobs report last month and Unemployment continued to fall to near record low levels.

We keep hearing about all these layoffs, but unemployment is falling and jobs keep being created. What is going on here?

Also, when it comes to the banks failing, and several more on the verge of failing, everyone is saying this is nothing like 2008 and there is nothing to worry about.

This was your 45th President people and might be your 47th.

So many stupid people. I'm surrounded by them. Blue dot in a red county that surprisingly (to me) went for Biden in 2020, but the down ballot remained red. I have to have hope that enough people hate him enough not to let him in office again. Yet, I have very little faith in Americans :cry:

Watched parts of the coronation and with the stone of destiny, the sword of mercy and the bracelet of wisdom seems like Charles is now pretty well equipped for his next d&d campaign

Last edited:
Back