Pokémon Go

Glad I didn't decide to try out the iOS 14 Public Beta.

Just passing along an FYI that Pokemon Go will not run on the iOS 14 Beta.

In recent years Niantic has been cracking down on cheaters. This includes blocking the game from running on any rooted, jail broken or modified OS.

Pokemon Go currently has a block in place related to the above that prevent it from launching on the iOS 14 beta.

Lots of users reported this problem and this is the only statement Niantic has released publicly.

This statement was back when the first development beta was release. More than a month later and 3 Public Beta releases later Niantic still has not added support for the iOS 14 beta in Pokemon go despite there being multiple updates to the pokemon go app since the release of the iOS 14 beta.

Everything is pointed to they will not allow Pokemon Go users to play on iOS 14 until the first official stable release.

People on Reddit have reported that whenever they contact Niantic to support the iOS 14 public beta they have responded with the iOS 14 beta is not supported.

I’m out of Pokéballs. Gifts over the last few days have only been giving me potions and stardust. I’m lucky if I get a couple balls a day now.

Niantic has now removed the location from gifts and eggs.

Hatching an egg since this change will not giving kilometers on trade. So if we ever get special field research tasks again such as trade Pokémon across 2000 kilometers, it will be much harder to do so.

Niantic has now removed the location from gifts and eggs.

Hatching an egg since this change will not giving kilometers on trade. So if we ever get special field research tasks again such as trade Pokémon across 2000 kilometers, it will be much harder to do so.
Locations aren't showing on any of my caught Pokémon either. This must be an error?

Dragon week was a complete bust for me.

The only shiny I encountered all week was a Wurmple. Not a single dragon.

Dratini's were everywhere. I caught enough of them to get a little more than 1200 candies this past week. Surely that's enough encounters to get at least 1 shiny right? Nope.

I also did not get a single spawn of Deino the entire week let alone getting a shiny. The only two I got was from the special research. No in the wild encounters for me.

My favorite place to walk and play pokemon go has been ruined.

I love walking on the Wharf in Salem. It's full of stops, along the harbor and goes out to the lighthouse. During community days or any event that walk way is always all light up with incense. In the summer it has a nice cool ocean breeze.

The Wharf is US Government Property / Park. along the wharf there used to be all kinds of historic signs explaining the history of the site. Each sign was a pokestop. About a year and half ago some vandal smashed all the signs. I remember one community day walking through there an all the signs were snapped in 2 or pushed over. It was a sad site. They were then removed and have not yet been replaced.

Some A Hole reported all the stops for violating Niantic Guidelines because they are no longer on landmarks. So they were all removed. A bunch of us from the Local GroupMe group complained to Niantic Support about the removal of the stops. But they just cite their community guidelines of stops having to be on landmarks and confirmed they were removed for violating this guideline.

I caught a total of 19 shiny Magikarp today. Only 1 with a decent IV. Most were zero stars.
I evolved the 10 14 13 Shiny I caught today and 1 perfect non-shiny. Don't have enough candies to evolve anymore.

Dragon week was a complete bust for me.

The only shiny I encountered all week was a Wurmple. Not a single dragon.

Dratini's were everywhere. I caught enough of them to get a little more than 1200 candies this past week. Surely that's enough encounters to get at least 1 shiny right? Nope.

I also did not get a single spawn of Deino the entire week let alone getting a shiny. The only two I got was from the special research. No in the wild encounters for me.

I don't think Deino were wild, I didn't see any and did play alot this week.

What's up with the Unown? I haven't seen one even with Incense too!

I don't think Deino were wild, I didn't see any and did play alot this week.

What's up with the Unown? I haven't seen one even with Incense too!

Deino were spawning in the wild during dragon week, but extremely rare. I have seen several video clips of people finding Shiny Deino in the wild on Instagram. It may have been if one was found in the wild it was a guaranteed shiny

As for Unown, they only spawned with Incense during Go Fest. During dragon week they they appeared in raids. I only saw 1 raid the entire week with a Unown. I believe this week they are spawning in the wild like Deino was last week. They will be extremely rare and very well could be a guaranteed shiny.

IMG_2280.png

Caught the NYC Area Regional that was just introduced into the game yesterday.

Lot's of talk about it on the local GroupMe Group. It appears to be a mess up by Niantic that it is spawning outside of the NYC Area. Previously, the smallest possible regional radius would have been large enough to get the entire state of New York. Depending on where they placed the center of the region, it could include all all Massachusetts. Based on information released by Niantic, this Pokemon was supposed to be more limited to only the NYC Area.

Mega Evaluations are live.

Mega Venison, Mega Charazard X, Mega Charazard Y and Mega Beedrill.

Mega evaluations only last for 4 hours before your pokemon returns to it's normal state. It is recommended that you hold off on evolving for now, and saving your mega evolution for raids, particular raid events where you can hit up multiple raids in a short period of time.

Currently mega evolutions can't be used in Go Battle League. But they might be able to in the future.

1602682715647.png

12K eggs are now a thing in Pokemon Go. You can only get them by battling Team Rocket. 12k eggs are not guaranteed, you only have a chance of getting one each time you battle Team Rocket if you have available room for a new egg.

I have hatched 1 so far due to the 1/4 hatching distance event this week. My first 12k egg hatched a Scraggy.

View attachment 70252

12K eggs are now a thing in Pokemon Go. You can only get them by battling Team Rocket. 12k eggs are not guaranteed, you only have a chance of getting one each time you battle Team Rocket if you have available room for a new egg.

I have hatched 1 so far due to the 1/4 hatching distance event this week. My first 12k egg hatched a Scraggy.
Theyyyy're ok? Has a few great possibilities, but the pool is pretty saturated with trash and I might crack my phone in half if I walked 12 km for a trubbish. Idk they're really milking gen 5 for cash and I've lost interest in their gimmicks, I mainly just shiny hunt now

Apparently you only get the eggs by defeating the Team Rocket Leaders. I just learned that.

1602686483759.png

I'm disappointed in the fact that your buddy will bring you gifts only once per day. And it's either 1 or 2 gifts now. Not like 5 gifts multiple times a day. I have run out of gifts to open because I haven't had gifts to send to others so they are not sending gifts back daily. I'm going to run out of balls very soon.

I have been avoiding going out and about and walking around downtown to play the game and spin stops because I live in Salem. Downtown is crazy busy with tourists this time of year. No thank you, I don't want COVID.

Okay, Niantic's latest push for more money really crossed the line with me.

The latest event signing up for a Grubhub+ membership or Trial by October 28th using a link they provided in the announcement. All people who sign up for Grubhub+ will be eligible for an event ticket that's for an event starting on November 4th.

I'm not signing up for Grubhub+ just to be eligible for a Pokémon Go event.

Okay, Niantic's latest push for more money really crossed the line with me.

The latest event signing up for a Grubhub+ membership or Trial by October 28th using a link they provided in the announcement. All people who sign up for Grubhub+ will be eligible for an event ticket that's for an event starting on November 4th.

I'm not signing up for Grubhub+ just to be eligible for a Pokémon Go event.
You can enroll with a freebie trial account, but ye spawns arent great anyway so it's kinda a waste of energy. I bet they will do more of these collabs if participation is high, so skipping entirely might be a good idea

Back