Pokémon Go

I just got a notification in Pokemon Go about Niantic Wayfarer.

They are asking me to join to help moderate and approve Wayfarer spots. AKA, Pokestops and gyms.

There is a training program to go through once you join. Then once training is completed and you pass the test and become certified. You can vote on whether not not to approve pokestops and gyms or take them down.

Anyone else get this notification / invite?

I just got a notification in Pokemon Go about Niantic Wayfarer.

They are asking me to join to help moderate and approve Wayfarer spots. AKA, Pokestops and gyms.

There is a training program to go through once you join. Then once training is completed and you pass the test and become certified. You can vote on whether not not to approve pokestops and gyms or take them down.

Anyone else get this notification / invite?
Was it a notification in game?

Ah, then it is a no for me. :(

(Which is a shame because my area could use some more)

Oh, it's not at all for creating more location. It's for moderating existing locations and approving new.

It doesn't give me the ability to create new ones.

Maybe when I hit level 40 I can submit new stop locations. I have another 1.3 million EXP to go.

FYI, shinies in gernal appear boosted today during this Snubbull research event.

In addition to a couple shiny snubbull so far, I have got a Chikorita and Totadile.

Seeing all kinds of reports on GroupMe that Machop and Skarmory appear to be boosted as well.

I do not understand why people give candies to all the Pokémon in a gym when they’ve all been there more than a day. You’re maxed out on candy! It’s to your benefit if someone turns the gym over!

It's because they have pokemon in multiple gyms.

They may have already maxed out on their 50 coins, so they are trying to extend the life in other gyms to get 50 coins tomorrow.

It's pretty common practice for people to load up gyms on a weekend, and try to make them pay out 50 coins each day all week without going back out.

It's because they have pokemon in multiple gyms.

They may have already maxed out on their 50 coins, so they are trying to extend the life in other gyms to get 50 coins tomorrow.

It's pretty common practice for people to load up gyms on a weekend, and try to make them pay out 50 coins each day all week without going back out.
That makes perfect sense! I just took two adjacent gyms and it felt like a wash thinking they’d both get beaten at once; I can see how that strategy mitigates that.

Does anyone here play in the Go League?

I am finding it so frustrating once I reached level 7.

Once you reach level 7 progress towards level 8 is made by increasing your winning percentage, not getting a certain number of wins. I keep getting halfway to level 8 by winning 4 out of 5 matches in a round or all 5 in 3 to 4 rounds straight. Then it's like it pairs the perfect opponents against me where I'm weak against everything and get walked all over. My progress towards level 8 goes back to zero and I end up losing 12 in a row before figuring out a new team that is effective against the new teams I'm being paired with.

I heard they are purposely pairing matches like that this round to make them more competitive.

I also keep getting frequent app crashes and the over tap bug. Many cases I should have gotten a charged attack off but it doesn't go off and I keep tapping building up power. After I use the charge attack I am more than halfway or sometimes nearly powered up to use that same charged attack again. But all too often, my opponent get's their charged moved off before I can because of the over tap bug and where I should have been able to get mine off and win I find myself being defeated.

Does anyone here play in the Go League?

I am finding it so frustrating once I reached level 7.

Once you reach level 7 progress towards level 8 is made by increasing your winning percentage, not getting a certain number of wins. I keep getting halfway to level 8 by winning 4 out of 5 matches in a round or all 5 in 3 to 4 rounds straight. Then it's like it pairs the perfect opponents against me where I'm weak against everything and get walked all over. My progress towards level 8 goes back to zero and I end up losing 12 in a row before figuring out a new team that is effective against the new teams I'm being paired with.

I heard they are purposely pairing matches like that this round to make them more competitive.

I also keep getting frequent app crashes and the over tap bug. Many cases I should have gotten a charged attack off but it doesn't go off and I keep tapping building up power. After I use the charge attack I am more than halfway or sometimes nearly powered up to use that same charged attack again. But all too often, my opponent get's their charged moved off before I can because of the over tap bug and where I should have been able to get mine off and win I find myself being defeated.

I've been trying to get upwards of 7 too but I haven't been able lol. And I thought I had good teams, but sometimes it gets really hard. Plus, everyone always keeps using legendaries and I hate to use them in PvP

Well, I thought I made a good ultra league team that was not made up of the most commonly used pokemon and are a good counter for them.

I did really well for the first 4 days of ultra league almost leveling up. But then the meta data of go league changed and I only get paired with counters of my time now. I once again found my self weak in all matches and can't win a single round.

This keeps happening to me and it takes me a while to find a good team again. Only for the game to pair me with counters that I'm weak against and erase all progress and rank I have gotten.

Well, I thought I made a good ultra league team that was not made up of the most commonly used pokemon and are a good counter for them.

I did really well for the first 4 days of ultra league almost leveling up. But then the meta data of go league changed and I only get paired with counters of my time now. I once again found my self weak in all matches and can't win a single round.

This keeps happening to me and it takes me a while to find a good team again. Only for the game to pair me with counters that I'm weak against and erase all progress and rank I have gotten.

I hate that once you hit 5 it gets really hard lol. Also can we please just ban Legendaries on PvP.

I finally made it to level 8 in go battle league this week. Once I got to level 8 I found it incredible easy for the first 2 days. I went on a streak of winning 16 in a row. Almost got to level 9, then yesterday happened. I could not win a single round and had all my progress towards level 9 erased. Today is starting off much the same. I'm only being matched up with counters and I'm weak in every match.

Anyone here thinking about buying a Pokemon Go Fest 2020 Event Ticket?

They are $14.99 (You can't use coins).

Do we think the rewards would be worth $15?

Anyone here thinking about buying a Pokemon Go Fest 2020 Event Ticket?

They are $14.99 (You can't use coins).

Do we think the rewards would be worth $15?

I'm buying it. It's the first time the GO fests have been available to all(who know if they will do another one like this) and they usually have hard to find Pokemon during the events. I think it will be of great value, hoping to see some new shinies and maybe catch an Unown!

Back