Pink Floyd Appreciation

Likely it's just a box containing Roger Waters who will leap out and berate you for several hours about the term "luxury" and how it's responsible for Russia attacking the Ukraine until you walk into traffic.

Last edited:
Do we think there's any chance the "luxury box" is a UHQR or One Step?
according to people who know nothing on reddit and SHF, it's definitely a UHQR that will sell out in 30 seconds and Chad has been putting little clues in all his videos on YouTube.

According to them, he will also be doing the entire Zeppelin catalogue, the whole Who catalogue and every other major classic rock act from the past 70 years.

according to people who know nothing on reddit and SHF, it's definitely a UHQR that will sell out in 30 seconds and Chad has been putting little clues in all his videos on YouTube.

According to them, he will also be doing the entire Zeppelin catalogue, the whole Who catalogue and every other major classic rock act from the past 70 years.
You mean the major sellers, like Back Street Boys, Celine Dion, Bon Jovi, Spice Girls? We need these in UHQR or One Step or No-Step direct to my frikkin ear buds on transcendent purple extra virgin vinyl incubated in a sealed clean room for 2 years, and certified kosher please with no bacon.

WTF ever happened to SRX vinyl, which for a brief moment gave audiophiles wet cream in their shorts? Can't that be given a new name so someone like Chad can bump prices for catalogs he already has plating for can be sold for $250 a pop - seems the audiophile is getting way to comfy at $100 to $150.

Chad wants to retire and enjoy life at a tax haven swim up bar surrounded by lots of cheap tamales, he really, really wants to milk those Classic plates for every cent he can.

You mean the major sellers, like Back Street Boys, Celine Dion, Bon Jovi, Spice Girls? We need these in UHQR or One Step or No-Step direct to my frikkin ear buds on transcendent purple extra virgin vinyl incubated in a sealed clean room for 2 years, and certified kosher please with no bacon.

WTF ever happened to SRX vinyl, which for a brief moment gave audiophiles wet cream in their shorts? Can't that be given a new name so someone like Chad can bump prices for catalogs he already has plating for can be sold for $250 a pop - seems the audiophile is getting way to comfy at $100 to $150.

Chad wants to retire and enjoy life at a tax haven swim up bar surrounded by lots of cheap tamales, he really, really wants to milk those Classic plates for every cent he can.
SRX went by the wayside because apparently it was a nightmare to work with. I remember one of the main guys at MMJ said that something like 40% of pressings failed QC when they got them back from the plant.

But yea…Chad is milking the classic records plates. Smart investment on his part I guess. And I haven’t seen how the $150+shipping 45s have sold but could see those getting discounted at some point. Haven’t seen nearly as much excitement surrounding those as other releases in the past.

SRX went by the wayside because apparently it was a nightmare to work with. I remember one of the main guys at MMJ said that something like 40% of pressings failed QC when they got them back from the plant.

But yea…Chad is milking the classic records plates. Smart investment on his part I guess. And I haven’t seen how the $150+shipping 45s have sold but could see those getting discounted at some point. Haven’t seen nearly as much excitement surrounding those as other releases in the past.
In a few years you will see that 40% appear from Chad as a new, ultra space age vinyl compound priced at $500 each, with a nice box filled out with some deluxe made in China foam padding.

You don't just get the Album and a few delicious extras but an entire room decoration kit as well for just $300... Your walls and coffee table will never look better!

Amazon product ASIN B0BS1VVXT1
71TAWtFq-rL._SL1500_.jpg

DELUXE LIMITED EDITION 4 DISC SET:

1LP/1CD/1DVD/1BLU-RAY

180 Gram black heavyweight vinyl

32-page booklet

all housed in a hardcover book style cover

Contains all the previously listed mixes from the above Blu-ray plus DVD mixes below

DVD Audio Mixes:

2018 Remix: 5.1 Surround Mix (Dolby Digital @ 640 kbps, 448kbps), Stereo (LPCM 24-bit/48 kHz Uncompressed),

1977 Original Stereo Mix: (24-bit/48 kHz Uncompressed)

I'll wait for the inevitable $100+ drop at some point, somehwhere. I'm guessing they are going to be making a ton of these.

You don't just get the Album and a few delicious extras but an entire room decoration kit as well for just $300... Your walls and coffee table will never look better!

Amazon product ASIN B0BS1VVXT1
71TAWtFq-rL._SL1500_.jpg

I'll wait for the inevitable $100+ drop at some point, somehwhere. I'm guessing they are going to be making a ton of these.
Yeah no thank you for $300…hell not even $150 for me

I saw this on Reddit, only uk listing right now

The Dark Side Of The Moon at Wembley 1974) [2023 Master] The Dark Side Of The Moon Live At Wembley 1974 (1LP 2023 Master) [VINYL]: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

@Oldwhitelincoln11

Yeah no thank you for $300…hell not even $150 for me

I saw this on Reddit, only uk listing right now

The Dark Side Of The Moon at Wembley 1974) [2023 Master] The Dark Side Of The Moon Live At Wembley 1974 (1LP 2023 Master) [VINYL]: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

@Oldwhitelincoln11
What a shitty box set.

I have a soundboard boot of the Wembley show that has the whole setlist. This isn’t even the complete set. I may pass on the live vinyl. No way am I buying that box.

What a missed opportunity release. Pink Fail.

Debating if I should preorder this to lock in price or wait to see if it drops a ton later on…
I'd wait. I think this will be $150 (or less) at some point. Lots of redundancy in the boxset. Everyone already owns the LP (granted this is a new mix). The live version is being sold separately on vinyl (so maybe less demand for the boxset). I doubt people are buying this only for the CDs. The Blu-ray/DVD-audio likely intrigues some. I wish they just sold that book separately.

I'd wait. I think this will be $150 (or less) at some point. Lots of redundancy in the boxset. Everyone already owns the LP (granted this is a new mix). The live version is being sold separately on vinyl (so maybe less demand for the boxset). I doubt people are buying this only for the CDs. The Blu-ray/DVD-audio likely intrigues some. I wish they just sold that book separately.
Oh I just mean the live show breakout. Not the box. No interest in the box for me!

The book Pentagram is doing might be a cool option instead of the book in the box set

Amazon product ASIN 0760379297

Debating if I should preorder this to lock in price or wait to see if it drops a ton later on…
Debate if you need it at all! Putting in 24/48 files when 24/96 are already out there is shit.

I might get the Wembley set. Remix is interesting, too bad it isn't a separate release. Don't expect the Wembley show to be good sounding.

Say no to cash grabs with funky swag that pumps up the gross margin.

Back