Pink Floyd Appreciation

Do they do referrals or something? I don't mind using someone's code on N&G if it gets them some credit or something

Yes.

Join, wait for shipping. Cancel.

I didn't pay much attention the last time I joined but I know they used to make it where once you cancel you immediately lose access to the Vault and 10% off sitewide.. Is that still in effect? That's the only reason I never used to cancel immediately after it shipped.

I didn't pay much attention the last time I joined but I know they used to make it where once you cancel you immediately lose access to the Vault and 10% off sitewide.. Is that still in effect? That's the only reason I never used to cancel immediately after it shipped.
No idea. Never used it.

yet another surprise, perhaps the biggest that there could be, is that footage of montreal '77 has publicly surfaced and it includes the famous spitting incident, which the people doing/uploading restorations have determined occurred during money, and not pigs (3do) as has long been accepted (seemingly based on the anger roger expressed during pigs on the wing immediately before and fueling the '...come back, all is forgiven!' rant during pigs, with the account of wray ellis corroborating it). pretty amazing stuff and a literal grail for fans of pink floyd history.

Anyone feel a need to grab this? 50% off taken at checkout.

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 2.17.12 PM.png

I think we should poll people on the new version of Money. I actually like it, but then I am a sick sadistic bastard.

I think we should poll people on the new version of Money. I actually like it, but then I am a sick sadistic bastard.
cf7534290dcd9582642438f7725567b0.gif

i don't hate it, and i can appreciate artists wanting to reappropriate their own work. but it and the whole project is wholly unnecessary and unwanted. it's like that one meme-

nobody:

roger waters: here's my version of dark side of the moon!

i'll listen to it with an open ear, and i will buy it because i have everything else these guys have ever done so why stop now.

*sigh*

i am curious what the narrative as a whole will be, what story he is telling around the lyrics. weirdly, i do like listening to him recite things, his voice works well for that - i enjoyed his soldier's tale record primarily for that reason but it's hardly an engaging listen. similarly, i'm not sensing this is going to have many vocal or musical high points, and while i really liked his comfortably numb dirge, i'm not sure i can make it through 45 minutes of a low energy cover album. i guess we'll see.

i, too, am excited about the orb/gilmour redux. definitely came out of nowhere- hard to believe there was a feeling it wasn't fully realized already.

Anyone feel a need to grab this? 50% off taken at checkout.

View attachment 178618
Sure thing, especially since it has a Certificate of Authenticity.

I also have a 1983 pressing of Buddy Holly's Greatest Hits, signed by Buddy Holly, with a Certificate of Authenticity, probably worth at least $20k.

To someone who doesn't know that Buddy was decades dead by 1983.

Or someone who doesn't know that Syd didn't sign anything by 1983, and even if he were to, he did not acknowledge that name by then and would have signed Roger Barrett.

Think I'll print up a few tonight and put 'em up on Ebay.

Back