Pink Floyd Appreciation

Debate if you need it at all! Putting in 24/48 files when 24/96 are already out there is shit.

I might get the 2LP set. Remix is interesting. Don't expect the Wembley show to be good sounding.
yea i'll hold off at this point and see when it comes out what any reviews are. pretty disappointing announcement for the 50th. i'll stick with my KG cut.

yea i'll hold off at this point and see when it comes out what any reviews are. pretty disappointing announcement for the 50th. i'll stick with my KG cut.
As will I, along with my fantastic Japanese Pro-Use and 24/96 file.

In fact, inevitably there will be 24/96 files for the remix and live set. I might just be satisfied with those.

Wow that 50th darkside deluxe is poor for that price - glad we get a stand-alone live vinyl as that’s all I want - although it’s edited to fit on 2 sides of vinyl- and you can get the book separately too for £30

I wish they just sold that book separately.

they do

Amazon product ASIN 0500025983
not really sure what the 76 pg music book is in the image, but doesn't look like that is available outside the box (yet).

Debate if you need it at all! Putting in 24/48 files when 24/96 are already out there is shit.

@hype copied the animals box descriptor (possibly the page hadn't been updated with correct info), but the bds have 24/96 and 24/192 files on them

BLU-RAY 1 (AUDIO)
Original album 5.1 and high-resolution remastered stereo mixes
1. 5.1 Surround Mix – 24bit/96kHz Uncompressed
2. Stereo Mix – 24bit/192kHz Uncompressed
3. 5.1 Surround Mix – dts-HD MA
4. Stereo Mix – dts-HD MA

BLU-RAY 2 (AUDIO)
Original newly remastered album Atmos and high-resolution stereo mixes
1. Dolby Atmos Mix
2. Stereo Mix – 24-bit/192kHz Uncompressed
3. Stereo Mix – dts-HD MA

DVD (AUDIO)
Original album 5.1 and remastered stereo mixes
1. 5.1 Surround Mix – Dolby Digital @448 kbps
2. 5.1 Surround Mix – Dolby Digital @640 kbps
3. Stereo Mix (LPCM) – 24-bit/48 kHz Uncompressed

agreed this is a pretty disappointing collection, but it's not surprising either. i'm not sure what else they can mine from this period at this point.

i might have to stop making fun of the immersion sets and their marbles and scarves because at least those sets included extra audio/video material. no reason this box set couldn't have also included that stuff, especially since this is priced at 3x what the immersion was. granted the immersion didn't have vinyl, but it's still egregious.

that said, i'm still a 'collector' so i'll probably pre-order it and see where the price shakes out just before release date.

i might have to stop making fun of the immersion sets and their marbles and scarves because at least those sets included extra material. no reason this box set couldn't have also included that stuff, especially since this is priced at 3x what the immersion was. granted the immersion didn't have vinyl, but it's still egregious.

that said, i'm still a 'collector' so i'll probably pre-order it and see where the price shakes out just before release date.
I’m just going for the vinyl live album

they do

not really sure what the 76 pg music book is in the image, but doesn't look like that is available outside the box (yet).

@hype copied the animals box descriptor (possibly the page hadn't been updated with correct info), but the bds have 24/96 and 24/192 files on them

agreed this is a pretty disappointing collection, but it's not surprising either. i'm not sure what else they can mine from this period at this point.
There really isn't anything. BUT...BUT...there IS the infamous Alan Pasrons mix, never released on vinyl.

they do

My bad, thanks for correcting that! That should have been way more obvious but I was close to crashing out when I posted that. 🙃

I agree with most peoples takes in here and even at around the $100-150 mark it will only be worthwhile to me at least if the vinyl is well pressed and gets glowing reviews along with the 5.1 mix on the BluRay which i'd admittingly love to have a physical copy of. The Atmos mix is very interesting but even if it does sound awesome it would likely be more of a show off thing then me listening to it often. The book and packaging is nice and worth a little extra I guess but the rest of the stuff is pretty much pointless and i'll likely never pull it out after the first time.

"There is a teenage Ukrainian girl, Alina, with whom I exchanged long letters: “I hear you. I understand your pain.” She answered me, thanked me, but stressed, I‘m sure you’re wrong about one thing though, “I am 200% certain there are no Nazis in Ukraine.” I replied again, “I’m sorry Alina, but you are wrong about that. How can you live in Ukraine and not know?”"

- roger waters

he's also apparently recording a new version of dark side of the moon, “The new concept is meant to reflect on the meaning of the work, to bring out the heart and soul of the album,” he says, “musically and spiritually. I’m the only one singing my songs on these new recordings, and there are no rock and roll guitar solos.”

"How can you live there and see things with your own eyes and not know what I, a stranger who doesn't live there, is not there now, and doesn't even speak the language, know for certain because your invading enemies have assured me it's true? "

Jfc roger

rick wright's solo album 'wet dream' has been remixed by steven wilson and is getting a cd/lp and bd w/atmos mix reissue in the next few weeks (lp/bd in september).

"fun" fact - this cd was the very first thing i purchased from amazon.com waaay back in 1998.

Hey! I thought you all might like to know that this weekend over in the generator thread, we are discussing The Wall. Feel free to drop in. I think it’s been an interesting conversation.

There is a link to the conversation in the first post currently. If you come upon it Monday, there is a link in the albums list.

Back