Phish

got mine today and everything was in great shape. the records were shipped out of the sleeve (tucked in the gatefold) so no seam splits. cut by Bellman, pressed at GZ, but everything is flat and sounds amazing. worth the price.
I was just gonna say this. I picked up my copy from my local and the vinyl was packaged the same way outside the jacket between the gatefold. It sounds great.

Yep pressing sounds great here to. Finally got a chance to spin it today. Ironically I think the way they packaged it with vinyl outside the jacket but tucked in the gatefold is what led to my seam split because its on the spine rather then the top or bottom like I typically see. Oh well.

Yep pressing sounds great here to. Finally got a chance to spin it today. Ironically I think the way they packaged it with vinyl outside the jacket but tucked in the gatefold is what led to my seam split because its on the spine rather then the top or bottom like I typically see. Oh well.
Yeah, I have had that happen on an order before. I asked the seller to pull the vinyl before shipping and they did but the left it in between the gatefold and by the time it got to me the spine was fucked.

Always seemed to me that BB -> Ghost -> FH were the best sounding studio albums they did (1.0). Very excited for this one
Listen to Hoist and Rift again. You may extend that list. Haha.

But those three are great, especially Ghost.

Looking forward to Round Room next on vinyl. Lot of underrated tracks on that album.

Listen to Hoist and Rift again. You may extend that list. Haha.

But those three are great, especially Ghost.

Looking forward to Round Room next on vinyl. Lot of underrated tracks on that album.
Yeah, Rift for sure. Not that big on Hoist but certainly has some highs.

I feel like the later 1.0 albums put an emphasis on using unique Phish-esque studio sounds - think Steep/Swept Away on BB. They had a solid approach to getting that unique 96-00 sound to translate onto a record, whereas the earlier stuff was rather straightforward recordings.

Though I guess you could hear some of that on Hoist, too. They’re all great!

I feel like the later 1.0 albums put an emphasis on using unique Phish-esque studio sounds - think Steep/Swept Away on BB. They had a solid approach to getting that unique 96-00 sound to translate onto a record, whereas the earlier stuff was rather straightforward recordings.

No one likes Hoist but it’s one of my faves. Julius, Down With Disease, If I Could, Sample In A Jar, Wolfman’s Brother, etc… so much fire on that album.

No one likes Hoist but it’s one of my faves. Julius, Down With Disease, If I Could, Sample In A Jar, Wolfman’s Brother, etc… so much fire on that album.
If I Could is one of my faves on there. Love what Krauss adds to it. Wolfman’s also has Sly Stone’s sister, I believe. That doc of them recording is great, that clip of Mike yelling “AXILLA” with no other sound is gold.

The best part of all the studio albums is how they perfected the vocal harmonies on whichever song it may be.

Live setting = vocals can be pretty,rough sometimes

Back