Phish

I do suspect that the Phish removals were not due to sell outs but due to an embargo since it hasn’t been announced officially or put for sale on Dry Goods. All the places I’ve seen it live use the same framework for listings so it could have been listed in error

I do suspect that the Phish removals were not due to sell outs but due to an embargo since it hasn’t been announced officially or put for sale on Dry Goods. All the places I’ve seen it live use the same framework for listings so it could have been listed in error

The "framework" you're referring to is just the same website interface that all those shops use when they are having things distributed/fulfilled by Alliance Entertainment out of Kentucky. It's the same reason why you see the same exact titles available in all these shops that look like this after record store day. If you pull up the website to 8 of these shops and they have all the same titles in their RSD pages, then you know the specific titles that are in stock that they don't all have are titles physically in stock in those particular stores while the others are likely being fulfilled by the Alliance warehouse. That leads me to believe a sell out only means that they ran through their allocated amount for the time being since it's a preorder.

The "framework" you're referring to is just the same website interface that all those shops use when they are having things distributed/fulfilled by Alliance Entertainment out of Kentucky. It's the same reason why you see the same exact titles available in all these shops that look like this after record store day. If you pull up the website to 8 of these shops and they have all the same titles in their RSD pages, then you know the specific titles that are in stock that they don't all have are titles physically in stock in those particular stores while the others are likely being fulfilled by the Alliance warehouse. That leads me to believe a sell out only means that they ran through their allocated amount for the time being since it's a preorder.
I always wondered who was behind that website interface, mostly bc I think it’s unpleasant to use

I always wondered who was behind that website interface, mostly bc I think it’s unpleasant to use

Yeah, it's terrible.

I started piecing it together a few years ago when there was a Mighty Boosh RSD release that nobody seemed to get. In trying to hunt it down, I wound up in that shitty confusing search engine and found something listed without a product image that sounded like it might be the album. I rolled the dice and I ordered it and it was sent from Kentucky. I think I first ordered it through the Record Exchange in Boise, then ordered another copy for someone through Waterloo in Austin. Both were shipped from Kentucky. Somehow, all these copies were just sitting in this warehouse and never made it to shops or promoted in any way.

I believe Alliance is the largest vinyl distributor, so a ton of stuff is coming from them, directly or indirectly. It allows all of these crick and mortar shops to do direct online sales for things they otherwise don't have on hand.

Finally, a big missing piece of my Phish vinyl collection! I have a Bullmoose pre-order in as well, but always get worried it could be cancelled if they don't get enough so I'm glad to get the Dry Goods pre-order in.

Phish - Farmhouse up on Dry Goods. Extra 7 inch and poster available in bundles:

Please smack me upside the head or kick me in the nads or something for paying $74 for an LP.

Please smack me upside the head or kick me in the nads or something for paying $74 for an LP.
I almost caved but I have the Japanese CD already, so 7” doesn’t do much for me at $75 shipped. I had it pre-ordered for $45 shipped elsewhere, just gonna stick it out till then. I think there will be plenty of the LPs to go around.

I almost caved but I have the Japanese CD already, so 7” doesn’t do much for me at $75 shipped. I had it pre-ordered for $45 shipped elsewhere, just gonna stick it out till then. I think there will be plenty of the LPs to go around.
Yeah, I passed on the 7 inch bundle. Wasn't worth the extra $30 (have another preorder in for $45 for the LP). Plus I have 100 7 inches in my collection that I rarely spin because it's so inconvenient.

Yeah, I passed on the 7 inch bundle. Wasn't worth the extra $30 (have another preorder in for $45 for the LP). Plus I have 100 7 inches in my collection that I rarely spin because it's so inconvenient.
I would have much rather them just included the tracks. I’m assuming they weren’t part of the master? Not sure how that necessarily works, given they made it onto the Japanese CD. Maybe they were digital only back then too.

I would have much rather them just included the tracks. I’m assuming they weren’t part of the master? Not sure how that necessarily works, given they made it onto the Japanese CD. Maybe they were digital only back then too.
Yeah, no clue, but,you could be right. If they weren't Phish "ballads" I may have been more tempted by the 7.

Clifford boxset is $215 once added to your cart.

Got my Farmhouse delivery today (not the Dry Goods one yet) and of course there is a huge seam split on the spine of the jacket. It's getting to the point where its more rare for me to get a record without a seam split these days. Anyway, just needed to vent for a second because it's really getting frustrating.

Got my Farmhouse delivery today (not the Dry Goods one yet) and of course there is a huge seam split on the spine of the jacket. It's getting to the point where its more rare for me to get a record without a seam split these days. Anyway, just needed to vent for a second because it's really getting frustrating.
Sorry to hear that. Any indication where the album was pressed? Assuming GZ.

Back