Phish

Anyone else get so spun out the last night of the Greek to where they weren't sure if they were actually still inside the venue or not when they were looking for the restroom and couldn't cool out until they streamed DJ Screw tapes on YouTube back at the air bnb?

Based on photos and videos, lighting with the bandshell (or whatever that structure is called) @ Hollywood Bowl was amazing. I’m still catching up on the Hollywood shows on LP.

I think your description applies to just about every show in the 4.0 era (and much of 3.0). The baseline is excellence, and they often go beyond that. (Fwiw, i first saw them in ‘96)
The lights of the bandshell were truly incredible - maybe the best use of a venue I’ve ever seen. I agree that every 4.0 show I’ve seen has had a high floor (been seeing them since 09 and have caught a few not so great shows for sure) and they seem inspired. I genuinely can’t wait for the MSG run. I did a good amount of the BD run and while I doubt we’ll ever see that level of creativity again, shit is going to be a lot of fun

The lights of the bandshell were truly incredible - maybe the best use of a venue I’ve ever seen. I agree that every 4.0 show I’ve seen has had a high floor (been seeing them since 09 and have caught a few not so great shows for sure) and they seem inspired. I genuinely can’t wait for the MSG run. I did a good amount of the BD run and while I doubt we’ll ever see that level of creativity again, shit is going to be a lot of fun

I did Seattle through Berkeley and haven't listened to the Hollywood Bowl shows, yet. Based on setlist alone, night 1 leaves a lot to be desired, while night 2 looks amazing. Of course, they've always had the ability to take tracks I'm not very excited about and turn them into magic. Based on response, that seems like it may have been the case.

As someone who has been seeing the band since the 90s, I think they sound great right now. It's a whole different animal, these days, and that's what keeps it interesting.

I did Seattle through Berkeley and haven't listened to the Hollywood Bowl shows, yet. Based on setlist alone, night 1 leaves a lot to be desired, while night 2 looks amazing. Of course, they've always had the ability to take tracks I'm not very excited about and turn them into magic. Based on response, that seems like it may have been the case.

As someone who has been seeing the band since the 90s, I think they sound great right now. It's a whole different animal, these days, and that's what keeps it interesting.
For sure, and it keeps me coming back and wanting more. Saturday was definitely the best night of the run and absolutely worth checking out

Also, how did I only know realize your avatar is Winslow from Phantom of the Paradise.

Also, how did I only know realize your avatar is Winslow from Phantom of the Paradise.

My avatar started out as Jesco White beginning with the VMP forum, but a couple years ago I pulled back from participating on here pretty heavily after some bogus accusation that I "doxxed" someone and I wasn't sure it was worth hanging out here anymore. Since I was only randomly lurking and very sparingly interacting at the time, I started using the Phantom Of Paradise avatar and just never changed it back.

It’s for sure coming. People on FB are freaking out because it keeps “selling out” - I ain’t trusting any pre-order other than Dry Goods. I’m sure there will be plenty to go around.
Yeah, they probably pressed 15,000 of these, if not more. The demand is there. I never order vinyl from Drygoods because their shipping costs are high and I'm not confident they know how to pack a record. I'll likely just grab this from Plaidroom once it drops in June.

Yeah, they probably pressed 15,000 of these, if not more. The demand is there. I never order vinyl from Drygoods because their shipping costs are high and I'm not confident they know how to pack a record. I'll likely just grab this from Plaidroom once it drops in June.

They've packed them pretty well for me and shipping is only $5 flat for orders over $50

never had an issue with vinyl from drygoods
Every time I’ve ordered vinyl from drygoods along with anything else, they ship it all together in a box not ideal for vinyl and the records arrive with bent corners. Every time.

When ordering only vinyl from them, I’ve never had an issue.

Not ideal when trying to hit their $5/Free shipping thresholds, but in my opinion worth it to keep vinyl and merch orders separate.

Back