Phish

For studio stuff, originally I heard what you’re describing (cheesy) and I thought I’d stay away completely. But I kept slightly trying and eventually got two of the newest studio albums on vinyl. I like them, with Sigma Oasis surprisingly really winning me over. I’ve noticed Phish on vinyl is definitely hard to come by - especially live - although they are doing those live releases but it’s only one song on each one so far. Don’t know if that’s totally worth it. I’ve been eying Story of the Ghost on vinyl. It seems like one of the weirder studio albums, and something I might want to own. Other than that I’ve mostly been listening to live stuff and definitely vastly prefer it. Right now I’m still mostly 90s so far. Then I’ll move onto early 2000s. But I’m simultaneously listening to some of their most recent shows. .
When I started really getting into Phish, I really enjoyed the studio stuff. I started listening around 2014 when Fuego came out and loved that record, it was the first of theirs I bought on vinyl. Personally, listening to the studio stuff allowed me to get familiar with the songs/structure, which led me to better understand the structure of shows, which songs got jammed, and when something was pretty unique.

Sigma is definitely up there with some of their better produced albums. It's so organic. The others I would put in that category are Rift, Billy Breathes, and Story of the Ghost.

Of course their live stuff is where it's at, but you'll learn that similar to the Dead it varies so much by the year. Every year has something great to offer, but I would say 93-99 is the real sweet spot. At the end of the day, there's so much stuff to explore that you can pretty much do whatever works best for you! Enjoy the ride.

Ugh. I just learned it went from available to backordered while I was completing the transaction. The “add to cart” button was there and the order went through this morning, but I just checked order status, and it has been updated to backordered. I must have just missed it.

Ugh. I just learned it went from available to backordered while I was completing the transaction. The “add to cart” button was there and the order went through this morning, but I just checked order status, and it has been updated to backordered. I must have just missed it.

When they canceled my backordered copies after a year, they sent me this stating they will no longer be offering backorders.

Unfortunately, I missed my notification email this morning

SmartSelect_20220111-150407_Gmail.jpg

When they canceled my backordered copies after a year, they sent me this stating they will no longer be offering backorders.
I think Acoustic Sounds is inconsistent and confusing with their communications. In the last two days, I’ve placed 3 separate, still-active orders for backordered items. Those orders are for this Phish set and two orders Analogue Productions Prestige represses that are forthcoming.

I’m not expecting to ever receive the Phish set, but I’ll leave that order open until they cancel it.

I think Acoustic Sounds is inconsistent and confusing with their communications. In the last two days, I’ve placed 3 separate, still-active orders for backordered items. Those orders are for this Phish set and two orders Analogue Productions Prestige represses that are forthcoming.

I’m not expecting to ever receive the Phish set, but I’ll leave that order open until they cancel it.

Yeah. My comment is more about how inconsistent they are than the odds of you receiving your item. If they do another unannounced restock - which isn't unlikely - and your order is already in, then you're in a pretty good position.

I'd be curious to see who gets A Live One. I ordered less than 5 minutes after it was posted here and showing in stock, now my order is showing as back ordered now. Wonder if it was a mistake or that they got only a handful of copies.

Back