Perfect Sound Forever: The CD Thread

Just hooked up my dad’s Sony CD changer he had since about ‘96. I grew up listening to CD’s through it so it’s kind of cool. Still has the remote too! Hooked up perfectly to my Sony STR-V4 receiver. Sounds really great! Spinning Tom Waits’ Bone Machine because the vinyl is seeming like a pipe dream at this point.

A nice cd haul from Discogs arrived this week
Ted Leo - Tell Balgeary Balgury is Dead (some great covers on here)
Johnny Boy - S/T - the cd is a bit run of the mill, except for the single from it You're the Generation that Bought more Shoes...
Cat Power - Jukebox (with bonus disc)
Money Mark - Push The Button
Beth Orton - Central Reservation
Straitjacket Fits - Blow
Axiom - Reconstructions and Vexations - you can never have enough Bill Laswell/Jah Wobble fueled electro-ambient dub.
IMG_1422.jpg

Decembers cds

Tarnation - Gentle Creatures. Part of 4AD's American sweep that also netted Unrest for the label. The band fizzled out after this and another album, but you may recognize Paula Frazier from her duet with Cornershop on Good to be on the Road Back Home Again
Ride - 4 Eps
House of Love
- House of Love (30th Anniversary expanded edition)
Happy Mondays - Pills 'N Thrills And Bellyaches (a 2 buck cd, sure why not)
Echo & The Bunnymen - Ocean Rain (expanded edition)
Material – Hallucination Engine. Check out the band members - Bill Laswell/Nicky Skopelitis/Bootsy Collins/Sly Dunbar/Bernie Worrell & Wayne Shorter plus many others
IMG_1475.jpg

I love that material cd. I think right after or right before they did inturanumori or whatever it was, which was basically that same band but Flava Flava guesting on a few tracks

My December additions; mostly new, for the first time! Ordered the mewithoutYou albums after their farewell show in August as they were the only ones I didn't own (on some format) and picked up all three Alvvays albums at their show last week after reading that their vinyl pressings are generally not great (or worse).

PXL_20221223_194457846.jpg

Last edited:
My December additions; mostly new, for the first time! Ordered the mewithoutYou albums after their farewell show in August as they were the only ones I didn't own (on some format) and picked up all three Alvvays albums at their show last week after reading that their vinyl pressings are generally not great (or worse.)

View attachment 161976

I've heard good things about those Radiohead kids.

First cd I bought was a Bruce Hornsby for the piano on That's Just the Way It Is. Bought a Pioneer rack system with cd player at the time as well. That was late 80's. Now, I have over 10,000 cds in my collection. Anything new I want I buy on vinyl, so I have quite a few of those as well. But my old Jeep has a cd player, so I pick out 20 or so cds to take with me on road trips. The first time I really listened to the White Stripes was on a 20 hour toad trip. I discovered the Beta Band through cds. It's how I stumbled across so many great bands...buying cd lots at yard sales and on ebay. I just bought a small 150 cd collection a few weeks backs for 25 bucks, and got home to find every Rush cd, all near mint. I do stream music, but I need the feel of something in my hand to make a more personal connection with the music.

First cd I bought was a Bruce Hornsby for the piano on That's Just the Way It Is. Bought a Pioneer rack system with cd player at the time as well. That was late 80's. Now, I have over 10,000 cds in my collection. Anything new I want I buy on vinyl, so I have quite a few of those as well. But my old Jeep has a cd player, so I pick out 20 or so cds to take with me on road trips. The first time I really listened to the White Stripes was on a 20 hour toad trip. I discovered the Beta Band through cds. It's how I stumbled across so many great bands...buying cd lots at yard sales and on ebay. I just bought a small 150 cd collection a few weeks backs for 25 bucks, and got home to find every Rush cd, all near mint. I do stream music, but I need the feel of something in my hand to make a more personal connection with the music.
I though I had a lot of CD’s and I only have 1,200! 10,000! Wow, that must take up an entire wall at least!

Back