Perfect Sound Forever: The CD Thread

I thought that but man CarPlay is just so damn easy and convenient! Well other than the two or three act/album names that siri just absolutely cannot understand what I’m saying…
thats my problem with streaming. Too damn easy. Love going to the cd rack, doing a quick random grab of a couple cds and hoping in the car. It forces you to listen to the whole thing.

thats my problem with streaming. Too damn easy. Love going to the cd rack, doing a quick random grab of a couple cds and hoping in the car. It forces you to listen to the whole thing.

I kinda get that at home, I love the sort of act of picking a physical CD or record and then going and spinning it.

In the car driving through the city and weaving in and out of the utter lunatics on the road I’m happy to tell Siri to play an album and listen to it. I’m also so indoctrinated in the medium of the album that even on streaming I don’t do playlists or skip songs, I listen to the album back to front…

I thought that but man CarPlay is just so damn easy and convenient! Well other than the two or three act/album names that siri just absolutely cannot understand what I’m saying…
My biggest complaint is missing songs or albums.

No streaming platform has Dre's The Chronic, dEUS' "In A Bar, Under The Sea" or I Mother Earth's "summertime in the void". Random Cure songs will just drop off spotify for no discernable reason.

My biggest complaint is missing songs or albums.

No streaming platform has Dre's The Chronic, dEUS' "In A Bar, Under The Sea" or I Mother Earth's "summertime in the void". Random Cure songs will just drop off spotify for no discernable reason.

Again this would annoy me much more if I was relying on it for my main listening at home. For commuter listening I’m happy enough to work around that for the whole hands free and convenience angle.

You need two track cd singles
I do have a Tin Machine 3in cd single (pic from eBay, too lazy to dig my copy out)
s-l500.jpg

Those two (and painful) are imo immaculate and perfect.

YLT has so much stuff that covers such a broad range, it can really be hard to get a feel for them. Which I really, really love about them. One album is pop covers, the next is face melting guitar freakouts, here's a sun ra cover, or an instrumental soundtrack or folksy strum-alongs. They're like what peel said about the fall, "always the same, always different"

Those two (and painful) are imo immaculate and perfect.

YLT has so much stuff that covers such a broad range, it can really be hard to get a feel for them. Which I really, really love about them. One album is pop covers, the next is face melting guitar freakouts, here's a sun ra cover, or an instrumental soundtrack or folksy strum-alongs. They're like what peel said about the fall, "always the same, always different"
Yes, I've been streaming these two for quite a long time and only just now, finally, have picked them up on CD—just never saw them in ships around here recently so I bought them online.

I am in awe of these two albums. I have been taking my time with YLT, getting to know one album over a long period of time, trying to learn and internalize it a little bit, reflect on it, and then taking another step with a new album. Painful is where I'm planning on heading next.

Yes, I've been streaming these two for quite a long time and only just now, finally, have picked them up on CD—just never saw them in ships around here recently so I bought them online.

I am in awe of these two albums. I have been taking my time with YLT, getting to know one album over a long period of time, trying to learn and internalize it a little bit, reflect on it, and then taking another step with a new album. Painful is where I'm planning on heading next.

I discovered Yo La Tengo around 2001 or so, and those two albums were my first, and they're still my favorites. I've since gotten them on vinyl, but I still have the CDs I bought over 20 years ago.

Back