Perfect Sound Forever: The CD Thread

First one of the old school MoFi gold CDs. This is the original 1989 release. Hate the artwork and the terrible weird jewel cases that they use but it will go in a jazz lounge sleeve and that will ho in the bin…

Really looking forward to hearing this! Loved the Japanese SHM-SACD but had to give it up since the new new transport is redbook CD only. Be interesting to compare!

View attachment 164388
I have a few of these MoFi gold CDs. I also have "standard" CDs of some the same albums from other sources. I'm convinced that MoFi does an excellent job at remastering, but there is nothing specifically better about the "gold" CD.

My favorite one is "A Night in Tunisia" by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers. I've played that CD so much in the past decades that if it were a LP, the grooves would have been plowed flat!

I have a few of these MoFi gold CDs. I also have "standard" CDs of some the same albums from other sources. I'm convinced that MoFi does an excellent job at remastering, but there is nothing specifically better about the "gold" CD.

My favorite one is "A Night in Tunisia" by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers. I've played that CD so much in the past decades that if it were a LP, the grooves would have been plowed flat!
Idk if it’s the gold or what, but I’m a big fan of the MoFi gold cds. I remember buying The Wall when it was released and being blown away by how good it sounded.

Picked these up at a thrift store today for 40 cents (I had a $5 off coupon :)). The ELP is pretty cool. 4 CDs and a 36-page booklet. I've seen some decent reviews of this so should be a fun listen.

71FD6765-9EED-4F85-B57E-3BCF15FD0B14.jpeg

BC795C9C-A226-4B36-9132-F044AEC90E84.jpeg

Need to get the defibrillator to revive this thread.

Did a quick impulse by last week through Discogs. Stuff I will never find or have a hard time finding on vinyl
Tricky (Nearly God)
Beta Band - 3eps
Mark Eitzel - 60 Watt Silver Lining
Bowery Electric - Lushlife

View attachment 174490
I have the first two on vinyl.. They're exquisite.

You bastard...

For some reason I thought they dropped a track because the cd is 50 min. But doesn't look like it
Look. I'm sorry. I wouldn't normally do that, but that deluxe 4 LP 3 EP box is just, next level, it's more dynamic than a lot of Mofis and APs I have. I have no idea what sorcery they used but yeah...

This popped up in my notifications and I’ve actually been looking to buy some stuff that generally isn’t on vinyl as comprehensively as I’d like. Anyway, got the first two Doo Wop boxes Rhino put out in the early 90’s and purchased the two Motown Hitsville boxes (should be in later this week). Excited to spin them.

Look. I'm sorry. I wouldn't normally do that, but that deluxe 4 LP 3 EP box is just, next level, it's more dynamic than a lot of Mofis and APs I have. I have no idea what sorcery they used but yeah...
That one is definitely out of my price range, sadly (or thankfully)

Y’all are making me feel better about my cd acquisitions. 😀
image.jpg

Image is NSFJM (don’t look @Joe Mac )

This is all I’ve picked up since I bought the Marantz. I have however several thousand that have been neglected for years.

Back