Online Vinyl Deals

Is this real lol

yea--wasn't referring to you, by the way! just seen a lot of people filing claims automatically for various sales now when they don't have a shipping notice immediately.

@Lee Newman is right that everybody should just do what plaidroom and VSS have done lately and say "we got hit with tons of orders. thanks! processing time might be a little longer than usual but we are working quickly to get these orders filled. reach out if you would like to cancel."
Oh no worries! Just some self reflection after I had my fun 😃

This was fun... Refund has been processed though.

OLDIES:
Any unshipped item(s) on your order will be kept on backorder for up to 30 business days from the invoice date. In most cases, unshipped items marked C/O, N/A or S/O are sold-out and no longer available.

If you paid by credit card, you will be charged ONLY for shipped items.

If we are able to ship backordered product, your credit card will be charged at that time. If you paid by check or money order, this invoice is a credit memo. If we are able to ship a backorder, we will redeem this credit memo. If product is not available, you may use this memo on a future order, or contact us by telephone to request a refund. If you paid by PayPal and we are unable to fulfill any backorders, your PayPal account will be refunded.

There will not be any additional shipping charges on any backorder.

PS: This distributor close-out inventory is arriving at our warehouse in many different shipments. Pallet after pallet arrive daily. It's taking us a long time to break apart the loads. We fully expect to fill many more backordered items as we break down these loads.

I filed that when I told you I was filing it, at the beginning of this interaction. Also completely illogical to try to hold onto people's money when you dont have stock. But hey, you do you and I will do me. Thanks.

ME:

OLDIES

Why's that? We're shipping backorders from the vinyl close-out sale each and every day? Don't you want the product that we're able to ship?

ME:

Your previous message said most cases they are sold out. I don't want to wait 30 days. Appreciate it though.

Oldies;

Eyeballing your order, we fully expect to be able to fill at least an additional 3-4 items within the coming week or so. Do you wish to keep this active?

Me:

No thanks. Appreciate it though

Oldies:

I can't believe you're giving up on a copy of Jazz Impressions, plus Punch Bros., North Miss All-Stars and Margo Price... at that price too! In any case, the backorder has been cancelled. You'll see this refund either today or Monday.

And WHY would you file a PayPal claim when we told you we'd process your refund either today or Monday?
Completely illogical.

Me:

I filed that when I told you I was filing it, at the beginning of this interaction. Also completely illogical to try to hold onto people's money when you dont have stock. But hey, you do you and I will do me. Thanks.

even though i've been reading everyone's posts here and elsewhere about the oldies.com sale, i haven't said anything.

so here goes: years ago they had a similar one and i did order a bunch of stuff. your account here is very similar to what i experienced. a very odd company and because of my experience i decided not to order from them again.

in fact, after my exchanges with them via e-mail, a strange man from oldies kept calling my cell phone to discuss the situation. he sounded like a teamsters boss so i was actually a little scared for a while :D

I mean their handling of this has ensured I won’t order from them again and my time is more valuable then the five dollars I might lose in the transaction. I’m happy with what I got, they kind of suck though.
yea i think with a sale like this, i know it's gonna take awhile to ship stuff out. if i get the records i ordered for cheap, awesome. if i don't and they are annoying about refunds, then i can just contact PayPal or my CC and it's an easy fix to get my money back. annoying though for sure and a terrible first impression for many people ordering from them for the first time.

all these companies forget that the internet exists and sales like these can spread like wildfires once they make their way to forums and social media. so if you're not ready for a ton of orders, don't have a sale like this. i can't imagine they make much money at ALL on these $5 records.

RBs6Umm1TwVPAJlWzkp9dfLV801-FaI9J825GLco21nReO7Zhp90RXgyDBxU-7xQm3D4riBIjvMR6jGB1gg-4PaX_WXk6keaSJNoRQnwvzZwpuTjKiREtpFdXMc-V7zydAKGYX3SbKnZNtlbpIGAmyfbECKfbQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Shipping notice already, too!
same! love this company.

i had an issue with a scratch on one of the Michael Scott Dawson albums I bought from them last time. The 3LP bundle was something like $50 shipped to the US. They immediately got back to me and shipped a new copy straight away. I really like this label! Really cool albums on there.

Back