Online Vinyl Deals

same! love this company.

i had an issue with a scratch on one of the Michael Scott Dawson albums I bought from them last time. The 3LP bundle was something like $50 shipped to the US. They immediately got back to me and shipped a new copy straight away. I really like this label! Really cool albums on there.

That's great. I bought a mystery bundle from them a long time back and got a SEVERELY warped copy of King GIzzard & The Lizard Wizard's LW Live (which was the record I was most excited about in my bundle), and I never heard back from them at all when I contacted. :( I've bought from them a couple times since, but that was still disappointing. Every time I see the copy at my Local for $36.99 I remember my $50 bundle, and what could've been...

That's great. I bought a mystery bundle from them a long time back and got a SEVERELY warped copy of King GIzzard & The Lizard Wizard's LW Live (which was the record I was most excited about in my bundle), and I never heard back from them at all when I contacted. :( I've bought from them a couple times since, but that was still disappointing. Every time I see the copy at my Local for $36.99 I remember my $50 bundle, and what could've been...
this was maybe 6 months ago so maybe they changed some CS stuff! I was pleasantly surprised because I figured it couldn't be cheap to mail a replacement to the US and thought maybe they would send a refund.

I'm not spending another $100 on mystery records after the LITA bundle (just not spending more money, nothing against LITA) but this is one of my favorite blind buys in recent years (per a record store owner): Plays Horace Silver, by Hideo Shiraki

Pray and hope that's in your mystery bundle(s) because it's incredible.
i skipped out on the LITA because i figured i already had quite a few albums in the mystery bundle i wanted. if i dont end up liking stuff in the bundle can always trade it in or PIF it on this one! It was $10 or less per record shipped depending on how many albums i get!

yea i think with a sale like this, i know it's gonna take awhile to ship stuff out. if i get the records i ordered for cheap, awesome. if i don't and they are annoying about refunds, then i can just contact PayPal or my CC and it's an easy fix to get my money back. annoying though for sure and a terrible first impression for many people ordering from them for the first time.
Exactly my approach as well, and a good reminder that very often, you do actually get what you pay for. While sales are great and allow many of us to afford all the titles we want, a trip to your local record store to pay full pop for some new releases allows us to form a great customer relationship there, and utilize these crazy warehouses just for situations like this.

Exactly my approach as well, and a good reminder that very often, you do actually get what you pay for. While sales are great and allow many of us to afford all the titles we want, a trip to your local record store to pay full pop for some new releases allows us to form a great customer relationship there, and utilize these crazy warehouses just for situations like this.
my strange non-profit record store near me knows me now every time i walk in. one guy there sets aside records he thinks i might like, and lets me look at the fresh arrivals before they go out onto the shelves haha. and i go in all the time to give them outer and inner sleeves i'm not using since they always need more stuff like that.

my absolute favorite store ever was In Living Stereo in NYC (RIP i think....) The guy working there 90% of the time was so awesome and always recommending other albums based on what you brought up to buy.

Two of my three orders are out for delivery today. Not sure what's holding up the third, which still shows as processing.
Received the two packages, 15 records total. Looking at the itemized receipts that came with them, 7 ordered records weren't sent. Good news is that I don't recognize any of the titles that weren't sent. lol Of course I don't recognize many that I received! It's like waking up from a blackout. At any rate, I'll just wait and see what happens with my remaining order and the ones I didn't receive. I'm in no hurry.

Oh, should mention that everything that did arrive looks to be in great condition .

Received the two packages, 15 records total. Looking at the itemized receipts that came with them, 7 ordered records weren't sent. Good news is that I don't recognize any of the titles that weren't sent. lol Of course I don't recognize many that I received! It's like waking up from a blackout. At any rate, I'll just wait and see what happens with my remaining order and the ones I didn't receive. I'm in no hurry.

Oh, should mention that everything that did arrive looks to be in great condition .
Mine wasn't packaged super well (spoiled by Plaidroom and other places) but everything was in good shape for me too. I only placed one order.

Mine wasn't packaged super well (spoiled by Plaidroom and other places) but everything was in good shape for me too. I only placed one order.
I'm hoping my bad juju for damaged records has been expelled on my Oldies order and your pif. Those seem to be enough sacrifices to the mighty and vengeful USPS god.

So many deals. Hard to keep track of them all. Did anyone post the Subpop bandcamp 35% off yet?

Discount code is 35YEARS.

Haven't tried it yet. Still browsing.

Three Beach House records I want for ~$48, but shipping and tax brings it to $60. $20 a pop isn't that much lower than what I can get locally. Wish there was a free shipping threshold, then this would be a killer deal.

Three Beach House records I want for ~$48, but shipping and tax brings it to $60. $20 a pop isn't that much lower than what I can get locally. Wish there was a free shipping threshold, then this would be a killer deal.
This is a nice deal for merch like clothing, etc. that you can't get anywhere else. But yeah, for vinyl it ends up being close to a wash.

One of my favorite labels. May I suggest Margo Cilker or Jeffrey Martin.

uR2ux_ELAJswCMORcL-T4-ybmtX_vpo7TSS1rXAvNJluuF8nXiTgNGr30duU5OW06oADg5ao3isgvOMDtOAJm1PBiZ5Hq4Xr3tXAdNkmaQXp72xxl-G9_pX3ErNtd-2ea3HdMHwn845WPB_cSCWdPI_kGcrGuQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Oldies:

I can't believe you're giving up on a copy of Jazz Impressions, plus Punch Bros., North Miss All-Stars and Margo Price... at that price too! In any case, the backorder has been cancelled. You'll see this refund either today or Monday.

And WHY would you file a PayPal claim when we told you we'd process your refund either today or Monday?
Completely illogical.

I've dealt with some crappy customer service before, but this response is absolutely insane.
I would immediately file a PayPal claim based on that interaction alone. If a business has the nerve to harass you over a cancelled order, I wouldn't put it past them to rip you off too.

Oldies.com has been around far too long to be acting like this. They know better.

Comes across as a manager completely losing his cool because he screwed up & is facing a customer backlash.

uR2ux_ELAJswCMORcL-T4-ybmtX_vpo7TSS1rXAvNJluuF8nXiTgNGr30duU5OW06oADg5ao3isgvOMDtOAJm1PBiZ5Hq4Xr3tXAdNkmaQXp72xxl-G9_pX3ErNtd-2ea3HdMHwn845WPB_cSCWdPI_kGcrGuQ=s0-d-e1-ft

And Kassi Valazza...and Anna Tivel...

Last edited:

Still more than I was hoping to pay for the Jeffrey Martin, but it took the sting off a little bit.

And now it'll surely show up at one of my local or semi-local shops for so much cheaper!

Still more than I was hoping to pay for the Jeffrey Martin, but it took the sting off a little bit.

And now it'll surely show up at one of my local or semi-local shops for so much cheaper!
One of the few albums I say it is worth what I paid for it, it is a masterpiece. Now if they would just do a colored repress One Go Around I'd be set.

Back