Online Vinyl Deals

I wish people would take the Plaid Room or VSS approach. I didn’t even buy anything from the VSS sale but got an email letting me know they were running behind.
Yea. It’s just common sense at this point. The amount of people i see on various forums doing chargebacks on Oldies for their full orders when they didn’t get 1 album is kinda nuts. Especially without even trying to contact oldies.

Yea. It’s just common sense at this point. The amount of people i see on various forums doing chargebacks on Oldies for their full orders when they didn’t get 1 album is kinda nuts. Especially without even trying to contact oldies.
I mean the half hour to an hour it would take (if you are doing everything right on the front end in email capture) would save you so much time and effort.

FM_Alt_LP_Clear.png

FM_Alt_LP_Clear.png

Part of the rhino 12 days:

Last year took months to ship for some people but had some good deals. I absolutely love this Fleetwood Mac set

Oldies must be getting a lot of claims coming through. They are pushing hard to keep me from refunding now. Initial email states most items not shipped will not ever be shipped, that they are sold out. Follow up email when I asked to go ahead and refund the missing items is "oh I fully expect 4-5 items that were missing to be shipped eventually". Which is it, man? No thanks.

Oldies must be getting a lot of claims coming through. They are pushing hard to keep me from refunding now. Initial email states most items not shipped will not ever be shipped, that they are sold out. Follow up email when I asked to go ahead and refund the missing items is "oh I fully expect 4-5 items that were missing to be shipped eventually". Which is it, man? No thanks.
All these stories are exactly are why I rarely partake in these sales.

This was fun... Refund has been processed though.

OLDIES:
Any unshipped item(s) on your order will be kept on backorder for up to 30 business days from the invoice date. In most cases, unshipped items marked C/O, N/A or S/O are sold-out and no longer available.

If you paid by credit card, you will be charged ONLY for shipped items.

If we are able to ship backordered product, your credit card will be charged at that time. If you paid by check or money order, this invoice is a credit memo. If we are able to ship a backorder, we will redeem this credit memo. If product is not available, you may use this memo on a future order, or contact us by telephone to request a refund. If you paid by PayPal and we are unable to fulfill any backorders, your PayPal account will be refunded.

There will not be any additional shipping charges on any backorder.

PS: This distributor close-out inventory is arriving at our warehouse in many different shipments. Pallet after pallet arrive daily. It's taking us a long time to break apart the loads. We fully expect to fill many more backordered items as we break down these loads.

I filed that when I told you I was filing it, at the beginning of this interaction. Also completely illogical to try to hold onto people's money when you dont have stock. But hey, you do you and I will do me. Thanks.

ME:

OK. I will go through PayPal to go ahead and get the credit refunded back. Thank you.

OLDIES

Why's that? We're shipping backorders from the vinyl close-out sale each and every day? Don't you want the product that we're able to ship?

ME:

Your previous message said most cases they are sold out. I don't want to wait 30 days. Appreciate it though.

Oldies;

Eyeballing your order, we fully expect to be able to fill at least an additional 3-4 items within the coming week or so. Do you wish to keep this active?

Me:

No thanks. Appreciate it though

Oldies:

I can't believe you're giving up on a copy of Jazz Impressions, plus Punch Bros., North Miss All-Stars and Margo Price... at that price too! In any case, the backorder has been cancelled. You'll see this refund either today or Monday.

And WHY would you file a PayPal claim when we told you we'd process your refund either today or Monday?
Completely illogical.

Me:

I filed that when I told you I was filing it, at the beginning of this interaction. Also completely illogical to try to hold onto people's money when you dont have stock. But hey, you do you and I will do me. Thanks.

This was fun... Refund has been processed though.

OLDIES:
Any unshipped item(s) on your order will be kept on backorder for up to 30 business days from the invoice date. In most cases, unshipped items marked C/O, N/A or S/O are sold-out and no longer available.

If you paid by credit card, you will be charged ONLY for shipped items.

If we are able to ship backordered product, your credit card will be charged at that time. If you paid by check or money order, this invoice is a credit memo. If we are able to ship a backorder, we will redeem this credit memo. If product is not available, you may use this memo on a future order, or contact us by telephone to request a refund. If you paid by PayPal and we are unable to fulfill any backorders, your PayPal account will be refunded.

There will not be any additional shipping charges on any backorder.

PS: This distributor close-out inventory is arriving at our warehouse in many different shipments. Pallet after pallet arrive daily. It's taking us a long time to break apart the loads. We fully expect to fill many more backordered items as we break down these loads.

ME:

OLDIES

Why's that? We're shipping backorders from the vinyl close-out sale each and every day? Don't you want the product that we're able to ship?

ME:

Your previous message said most cases they are sold out. I don't want to wait 30 days. Appreciate it though.

Oldies;

Eyeballing your order, we fully expect to be able to fill at least an additional 3-4 items within the coming week or so. Do you wish to keep this active?

Me:

No thanks. Appreciate it though

Oldies:

I can't believe you're giving up on a copy of Jazz Impressions, plus Punch Bros., North Miss All-Stars and Margo Price... at that price too! In any case, the backorder has been cancelled. You'll see this refund either today or Monday.

And WHY would you file a PayPal claim when we told you we'd process your refund either today or Monday?
Completely illogical.

Me:

Is this real lol

I will say, i always avoid doing a paypal claim when the company says they will refund me...i only escalate it if the refund doesn't come through in a few days. i've seen people elsewhere filing a paypal claim when their order hasn't shipped within a week, without even reaching out to companies to see what the delay is... which is bonkers to me.

I'm still in "Order Processed" mode with Oldies, not a peep on shipping. Different titles keep popping between "special request items" and not. I'm patient, but kinda wild to me that others had partial orders fulfilled and I'm just stuck in limbo.

Will probably reach out next week if it is still radio silence.

I will say, i always avoid doing a paypal claim when the company says they will refund me...i only escalate it if the refund doesn't come through in a few days. i've seen people elsewhere filing a paypal claim when their order hasn't shipped within a week, without even reaching out to companies to see what the delay is... which is bonkers to me.
That's fair. Honestly was just going off what others had done. Probably should have just called.

I'm still in "Order Processed" mode with Oldies, not a peep on shipping. Different titles keep popping between "special request items" and not. I'm patient, but kinda wild to me that others had partial orders fulfilled and I'm just stuck in limbo.

Will probably reach out next week if it is still radio silence.

Same here.
Two of my three orders are out for delivery today. Not sure what's holding up the third, which still shows as processing.

That's fair. Honestly was just going off what others had done. Probably should have just called.
yea--wasn't referring to you, by the way! just seen a lot of people filing claims automatically for various sales now when they don't have a shipping notice immediately.

@Lee Newman is right that everybody should just do what plaidroom and VSS have done lately and say "we got hit with tons of orders. thanks! processing time might be a little longer than usual but we are working quickly to get these orders filled. reach out if you would like to cancel."

Back