Online Vinyl Deals

I lived there from 2012 to 2018 (well in Maryville technically since I got a better cheaper apartment there, lol). I actually miss it now especially as they've developed it so much more since I left. My favorite hang out was Suttree's 😁
Ah...a bar with real history...Suttree's. For a small town, we have a good amount of famous stuff here, like Cormack, Esquire Mag, Everly Brothers, etc. Since you left the Mountain Biking scene here has blown the sticky puddin' up! Our live music scene has much better, too.

I'm so confused...

The first Oldies order I placed (which was shipped second) was listed as "out for delivery" this morning, but then in less time than it takes to get from the depot to my place it got shifted to "unable to deliver - delayed until next business day." Meanwhile my second Oldies order (which shipped first) that was "delayed until next business day" on Monday is still listed as both "delayed" and "out for delivery" dated Monday - and my building for no discernable reason has received no postal delivery whatsoever so far this week... 🤔🙃 WTF, I say.

I'm so confused...

The first Oldies order I placed (which was shipped second) was listed as "out for delivery" this morning, but then in less time than it takes to get from the depot to my place it got shifted to "unable to deliver - delayed until next business day." Meanwhile my second Oldies order (which shipped first) that was "delayed until next business day" on Monday is still listed as both "delayed" and "out for delivery" dated Monday - and my building for no discernable reason has received no postal delivery whatsoever so far this week... 🤔🙃 WTF, I say.

Your postman decided you've had enough records. This is for your own good.

I'm so confused...

It's likely (a) overwhelmed post office with not enough staff, (b) some hazard along your route, (c) truck problems.

For the last year and change, there was construction near my apartment that saw regular road closures. UPS/FedEx/USPS would always do that "unable to deliver" stuff even though the closures didn't apply to local traffic (and therefore, mail carriers).

The not getting mail for a week, thing, though...that's kind of nuts.

Got my Oldies package today. No other communication other than automated shipping notices.
They shorted me half the order and the packing slip says I have a credit with them. Luckily, I used PayPal and already opened a claim.

I've had no issues with this site previously, but fuck this. Not dealing with them again.

Yeah, credit instead of a refund is pretty shady
Coupled with the fact they refused to cancel orders that hadn't shipped, I don't see myself dealing with them again either.
Can't remember if I did PayPal with them or not. Might have to have a look.
I still don't even know what's going on with my packages - but I think that's a Canada Post thing at this point, not an Oldies thing.

It's likely (a) overwhelmed post office with not enough staff, (b) some hazard along your route, (c) truck problems.

For the last year and change, there was construction near my apartment that saw regular road closures. UPS/FedEx/USPS would always do that "unable to deliver" stuff even though the closures didn't apply to local traffic (and therefore, mail carriers).

The not getting mail for a week, thing, though...that's kind of nuts.

I wondered about truck problems on Monday, but then it didn't go back out at all on Tuesday like the tracking said it would. Or today, for that matter. There's no major work or road closure(s) in my area currently. Our building's buzzer was down on Monday, but that should only affect FedEx, DHL, UPS, Amazon, etc. - Canada Post has keys for the building and a parcel locker in the lobby. Very bizarre. We'll see how today plays out, I guess!

I'm such a massive fan of the Yoshimura releases LITA has done, along with the Kankyo Ongaku comp. Some of my favs of my collection.
I went through blue and a black vinyl copies of Kankyo Ongaku, and both were noisy. I sold both and gave up and bought the cd version. Gorgeous set in vinyl, and most people seem to have quiet presses. I guess I was unlucky.

Last edited:
Back