Online Vinyl Deals

My annual post about one of my favorite online record shops. Free shipping over $35 and the owner packages things great. It's mostly Stoner/Doom/Metal/Rock. But today is 25% off. I cannot recommend this album enough: To Yo - Stray Birds from the Far East. They are the spiritual successor to Kikagaku Moyo, and honestly I think I like this album better. Cheapest you'll find it here today. You can listen on Bandcamp and absolutely should if you don't already know it.

@hype

Damn, I had completely forgotten about this so I really appreciate the tag! Def. late to the party and pretty much everything I was really eying is already gone but i'm loving that To Yo you suggested after just 2 tracks in so decided to grab the last one of that and another random find. Kind of weird with all the other genres added now where I can go from Dopelord to Alan Jackson on the same page :unsure: .. I'll echo that the owner is def. awesome though and packages well while also going out of his way if there is ever a problem.

Is this a sign of demand dropping? I know my annual spend on vinyl is WAY down.
I think what you've got happening lately is that pressing capacity has drastically increased in relatively short order, and labels are going for it in terms of quantities, variants, etc. I don't know if demand is dropping, but supply is in a much different spot than 3 years ago, so you've got a fair amount of surplus stock. It's certainly been interesting where if you wait 6-8 months on a title, you can often have it for sub $20.

I think what you've got happening lately is that pressing capacity has drastically increased in relatively short order, and labels are going for it in terms of quantities, variants, etc. I don't know if demand is dropping, but supply is in a much different spot than 3 years ago, so you've got a fair amount of surplus stock. It's certainly been interesting where if you wait 6-8 months on a title, you can often have it for sub $20.
Similar to prepandemic and price hikes. You could wait and get things for sub $12 or Beatles Mono Box sets for $80.

Is this a sign of demand dropping? I know my annual spend on vinyl is WAY down.
I THINK my spending is down, feel like I haven't been buying much in my wait for the fall sales. Plus I've sold a few which helps. Also, feel like a lot of the older titles I now have, so not buying quite as many of them. Trying to really just fine tune the collection at this point. Guessing a lot of people started in 5 or so years ago and are getting to the same point.

I THINK my spending is down, feel like I haven't been buying much in my wait for the fall sales. Plus I've sold a few which helps. Also, feel like a lot of the older titles I now have, so not buying quite as many of them. Trying to really just fine tune the collection at this point. Guessing a lot of people started in 5 or so years ago and are getting to the same point.
This is me..it’s nice to be at this point:)

Yea--I have cut back a good amount on buying actually too. Partially because I've been super busy with work. And partially because I just have a large amount of what I want and am out of shelf space. I'm buying some used/OG copies of stuff and upgrading some albums here and there. Way less new music for me on vinyl.

Places upping their free shipping minimums too has made me buy less.

I still love to hit the locals and grab a thing or two, but I have found myself walking out of those more often with nothing.
Yeah, nowadays I only go if I’m grabbing something specific. Not much in the wild these days that spark excitement, especially because things are now appropriately priced based on their value

Yeah, nowadays I only go if I’m grabbing something specific. Not much in the wild these days that spark excitement, especially because things are now appropriately priced based on their value
Yeah, finding used records for $2 less or the same price right next to the new copy is a little insane. There are a couple stores in my area that the prices are just crazy. I used to drop in occasionally to those when in the area, but just a huge waste of time now.

Back