Online Vinyl Deals

Looks like the Sonny Rollins box just sold out at InnerSleeve, but it was priced at $34.95 as well, and there's a chance it might come back in stock. In fact, a lot of box sets just dropped in price, so get em while you can.
Is that Joni mitchell a comp?

The 2nd album in the box is a gem—Sonny and the Contemporary Leaders. I’ve been waiting to pick this box up until it dropped massively in price and here we are!
Supposedly, this press of Sonny and the Contemporary Leaders will be released on its own. Basing that on a reply to a comment by Nick Phillips in this video. I think it’s the only comment w/ 3 replies. Nick’s is the 2nd of those replies.

Supposedly, this press of Sonny and the Contemporary Leaders will be released on its own. Basing that on a reply to a comment by Nick Phillips in this video. I think it’s the only comment w/ 3 replies. Nick’s is the 2nd of those replies.

Nice! I bet it’ll be $30 which was almost the price of this box hehe

The 2nd album in the box is a gem—Sonny and the Contemporary Leaders. I’ve been waiting to pick this box up until it dropped massively in price and here we are!
I believe they both are BG cuts pressed at RTI.
I have both on 80s OJCs because I resisted the $100 price tag. Folded like a cheap suit for $35 delivered.

I believe they both are BG cuts pressed at RTI.
I have both on 80s OJCs because I resisted the $100 price tag. Folded like a cheap suit for $35 delivered.
I have that OJC of Way Out West, and I’m not thrilled with it. Some on Discogs compare OJC favorably to this BG cut, so I’ll hopefully have a chance to find out for myself.

I have that OJC of Way Out West, and I’m not thrilled with it. Some on Discogs compare OJC favorably to this BG cut, so I’ll hopefully have a chance to find out for myself.
I thought it sounded a little dry like several OJCs from that era. But overall the instruments sound really separated in space and the clinking drumsticks mimicking a horse walk are the coolest thing ever.

Good point!!

I first ordered the box on Amazon but then requested to cancel after I placed the same order directly on Movie Mars site. We’ll see what comes through!
Ha! I also ordered from Amazon, then requested to cancel. Am waiting to hear before ordering directly from the Movie Mars site, and now it looks like it's sold out. Hmmm. Also just received a shipping alert from Fed-Ex, from "Alliance Entertainment, LLC" in Irvine, CA. Wondering if that could be the Amazon (Movie Mars) order.

Last edited:
Is it basically the same tracks as the new OJCs cut by KG?
It's basically Sunday at theVillage Vanguard and Waltz for Debbie in one, with all the other songs played during that series of live sets included as well. Sequenced as they were played live.

Pressed at RTI. Totally worth $35 for a 4xLP boxset

Back