Online Vinyl Deals

According to one review on amazon, it's sourced from 192/24-bit digital remasters. And at $188 for 8LPs (albeit 180G), that's $23.50 per record. Not to be a downer, but why are people so excited about this box set?
I have heard great things about the sound quality from multiple people despite it being sourced from digital. And the packaging is meant to be quite nice.

I have heard great things about the sound quality from multiple people despite it being sourced from digital. And the packaging is meant to be quite nice.

I see. Looks like the Coltrane masters were destroyed in that horrible UMG warehouse fire that was until recently covered up in terms of the enormity of the loss, which makes this digitally-sourced set is the best reissue possible. Or maybe just go for pre-2014 analog versions of these LPs as separately issued albums?

I see. Looks like the Coltrane masters were destroyed in that horrible UMG warehouse fire that was until recently covered up in terms of the enormity of the loss, which makes this digitally-sourced set is the best reissue possible. Or maybe just go for pre-2014 analog versions of these LPs as separately issued albums?

Yea--probably just a personal preference at some point. The extras and packaging on the remasters look great. And I'm not anti-digital remaster because I have some that sound incredible.

Back