Online Vinyl Deals

I went ahead and ordered "Give the People..." and put a note when checking out asking if it was excluded from the sale.

Also got the other two SJ+DK albums I was missing, two Budos Bands, one Menahan, Naomi Shelton, Bob & Gene, Frightnrs, Sha La Das, and James Hunter. Olympians went out of stock before I could check out 🤷‍♂️

Main site was down but going direct to the store worked fine. Everything I wanted was in stock too. For a minute when I couldn't access the site I thought it was gonna be like a VMP style sale where by the time you can finally get through everything would be gone.😃

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - 100 Days 100 Nights - 100 Days, 100 Nights / album / LP
Quantity: 1 — Total: $10.00​
line.title
Menahan Street Band - Make The Road By Walking - Make The Road By Walking / album / LP
line.title
Antibalas - Where The Gods Are In Peace - Where The Gods Are In Peace / album / Standard Black LP
line.title
Orquesta Akokán - Orquesta Akokán - Orquesta Akokán / album / Standard Black LP

Rounded out my Budos Band collection by picking up I & III. Grabbed both Menahan Street Band albums and Charles Bradley’s Changes, which completes his discography in my collection...except for that new 12”.

Should have nabbed another Sharon Jones album and some Antibalas, but alas money. 🙁

Also, five records and the shipping was $5.57 or something like that. That’s why Daptone Records is great.
Support Daptone Records.

25$
Special-priced bundle available until Sunday September 22nd at midnight, Pacific (while supplies last).
Includes two albums:
Scratch The Upsetter Again, released in 1970 on Trojan sub-label Upsetter, shows Lee "Scratch" Perry moving away from the standard approaches of his peers in a quest to test the very limits of recorded sound.
1973's Double Seven moves even further out – melding soul, funk and dub elements that were constant in Perry’s work during this period – and features such heavyweights as U-Roy, I-Roy and David Isaacs.

I’m not completely sure if this belongs here or not but I’m posting it here anyway. Mods, feel free to move it. I initially found this on r/vinyldeals

Country Music- A Film by Ken Burns (Soundtrack)

Barnes & Noble Exclusive Limited Red, White & Blue vinyl. Includes certificate of authenticity signed by Ken Burns limited to 1000.

$24.99 and you can use a 15% coupon that pops up on the site. Anyway, pretty sweet product with some great songs!

Really hesitate to give this club any attention but...for anyone that was planning on getting the new Hiss Golden Messenger album (gulp) VNYL has a nice looking exclusive, And appear to be running a buy 1 month get 1 month free sale. So you're getting another 5 albums for @20.

Really hesitate to give this club any attention but...for anyone that was planning on getting the new Hiss Golden Messenger album (gulp) VNYL has a nice looking exclusive, And appear to be running a buy 1 month get 1 month free sale. So you're getting another 5 albums for @20.

Not sure its a spoiler to say...don't expect much from the other 5 albums.
Also, once you quit...you will never stop getting emails from them.
But you'll probably $20 worth of trade in at your local for whatever else they send you . So maybe getting a free HGM exclusive for free is worth the hassle.

But you'll probably $20 worth of trade in at your local for whatever else they send you . So maybe getting a free HGM exclusive for free is worth the hassle.

At Least They have exclusives now and are sending you new records and not goodwill finds. So they have made some progress. They can't be worse than Blind Tiger Record Club which I made the mistake of signing up for. Never again.

I did a 1 month trial since it was completely free. I got an Isley Brothers "This Old Heart of Mine" repress, Kendrick Lamar's Untitled Unmastered and some indie record that was an exclusive of theirs. I also have to say, I messaged them to cancel my account, they responded within 5 minutes, cancelled my order and then I just unsubscribed from their emails. It wasn't a hassle at all for me despite me not wanting to keep any of the records they sent me.

Back