Online Vinyl Deals

Online Daptone Sale this Friday from 4-8PM EST online. All LPs $10!
dbf13kszpen31.jpg
Oh man, I’m about to grab an unhealthy amount of records I wasn’t planning to this week. Appreciate, albeit begrudgingly, the heads up! 😂

Does anyone think this new remaster will be worth the wait, or should I just grab this version?
I 2nd that question - very tempting to pick this up for half of what the remaster is going for right now...
IMO this Rhino RTI pressings is pretty great. It will be pretty hard to top. I have Dirty Minds, Controversy, and 1999 and though I have an OG Purple Rain, if that eventually drops to sub $20 I will probable grab that too.

Here’s the Discogs info...

Last edited:
Any must have albums I should get at the Daptone sale? I've got nothing from them.

Anything from Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings (especially Naturally, 100 Days 100 Nights, I Learned The Hard Way, and Soul of a Woman), the first 3 Budos Band albums, and probably Charles Bradley's Changes (Victim of Love is also good).

Anything from Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings (especially Naturally, 100 Days 100 Nights, I Learned The Hard Way, and Soul of a Woman), the first 3 Budos Band albums, and probably Charles Bradley's Changes (Victim of Love is also good).
Charles Bradley's and Sharon Jones' complete discographies are must-owns.
Tomorrow might be an expensive day...

These plus check out Menahan Street Band. It’s like the more soulful side to the Budos Band, also has a few of the same members. Both of their albums are worth checking out and one of Jay-Z’s songs samples one of their tunes on their first album, if that holds any weight for you. Felt cool to hear that connection soooooo many years ago.

I think Burnt Offering (Budos Band’s fourth offering, see what I did there? 👀) is pretty damn good too. Perhaps my favorite.

Any must have albums I should get at the Daptone sale? I've got nothing from them.
Charles Bradley's and Sharon Jones' complete discographies are must-owns.

2nding these folks on the Sharon Jones! I'd say Soul of a Woman and 100 Days 100 Nights are the first two I'd get.

Jermaine Dupri presents So So Def 25 ($7.88, before promo) with these fun tracks:
  • - Disc 1 -
    • 1 Jump Kris Kross
    • 2 Funkdafied Da Brat
    • 3 Just Kickin' It Xscape
    • 4 Where the Party at (Featuring Nelly) Jagged Edge
    • 5 My Boo Ghost Town DJ's
    • 6 Like You (With Ciara) Bow Wow
    • 7 Tipsy (Radio Mix) J-Kwon
    • 8 Welcome to Atlanta (Remix (FT. Diddy, Murphy Lee, Snoop Dogg & Ludacris) Jermaine Dupri
  • - Disc 2 -
    • 1 Da B Side (With Notorious Big) Da Brat
    • 2 Live and Die for Hip Hop (With Aaliyah) Kris Kross
    • 3 Let's Get Married (Reception Remix) (Featuring Kanye West) Jagged Edge
    • 4 Never Scared (Radio Mix) (Featuring Killer Mike & T.I.) Bone Crusher
    • 5 Damn! (Featuring Lil' Jon) (Radio Mix) Youngbloodz
    • 6 I Think They Like Me (Remix) (Album Version Explicit) Dem Franchize Boyz
    • 7 Money Ain't a Thang (Featuring Jay-Z) Jermaine Dupri
Took me 1 read through of this tracklist to realize So So Def basically soundtracked my adolescence.

Back