Online Vinyl Deals

Came to $28.11 for me. This is a steal!
Unfortunate shipping us 70$ to Europe. So no steal for me

Unfortunate shipping us 70$ to Europe. So no steal for me
The funny/sad/tragic/enraging thing - with a $70 shipping charge, this 4LP box set averages out to be $22.50 per record. With VMP you'd be paying at least $120+ before the shipping.

Think about that. A shipping charge over 3X the cost of the product is still less than the VMP gouge.

Came to $28.11 for me. This is a steal!
Not familiar with their music, but sampled just a song or two and I'm in for $28 ;)

Question - this is out of stock at this point, but there seems to be a different 180gram version on their site now (and other places). Anyone have any idea what this newer one may be? It has the multi colored circles and Phillips Logo, not the Verve logo. Discogs searching confused me more than helped.
This one according to the UPC:

Question - this is out of stock at this point, but there seems to be a different 180gram version on their site now (and other places). Anyone have any idea what this newer one may be? It has the multi colored circles and Phillips Logo, not the Verve logo. Discogs searching confused me more than helped.

I believe that AS plans to keep all of these in stock. That may take a while for it to come back in stock, but it probably will eventually.

Not familiar with their music, but sampled just a song or two and I'm in for $28 ;)
Oh man your in for a treat! They're basically that gruff, Pabst Blue Ribbon punk type band with the gruff vocals and absolutely amazing lyrics. Real heartfelt stuff and very 90's Emo, but not sappy if that makes sense.

Some other bands that are similar would be the awesome Small Brown Bike and my local heroes Red City Radio.

Oh man your in for a treat! They're basically that gruff, Pabst Blue Ribbon punk type band with the gruff vocals and absolutely amazing lyrics. Real heartfelt stuff and very 90's Emo, but not sappy if that makes sense.

Some other bands that are similar would be the awesome Small Brown Bike and my local heroes Red City Radio.
I liked the few songs I sampled and usually if they get a solid thumbs up without thinking I feel safe in pulling the trigger blind the rest of the way.

@HayesWeighsIn , you took the post right out of my mouth, lol

This is the absolute best description I’ve ever read! Hahaha. I typically call it “Fest Punk.” That is hilarious.
I remember also using the term "Org-Core" lol. I used to hang out at punknews.org back in college and for a while after I graduated writing music reviews and talking with old punx about the good ol' days.

This picture pretty much sums it up for that time.
Screenshot_20210425-160338.png

I remember also using the term "Org-Core" lol. I used to hang out at punknews.org back in college and for a while after I graduated writing music reviews and talking with old punx about the good ol' days.

This picture pretty much sums it up for that time.
View attachment 96910
That’s awesome! I used to play in a band called Candy Hearts, Punknews was always very kind to us - shockingly even the comments section wasn’t too brutal! Hahaha

So glad you posted that image from Your Scene Sucks. That site had me rolling on the floor laughing the first time I visited!

That’s awesome! I used to play in a band called Candy Hearts, Punknews was always very kind to us - shockingly even the comments section wasn’t too brutal! Hahaha

So glad you posted that image from Your Scene Sucks. That site had me rolling on the floor laughing the first time I visited!
Oh snap I remember y'all!

For anybody who liked Wells Fargo, one of my favourite Ebay sellers has one of their OG singles for sale. Don't think I've seen one before

Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch x2
Ellington/Mingus/Roach - Money Jungle
Miles Davis - Sketches Of Spain
Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto
Yep this was what I got too.
Mine was just delivered today with this exact same set of records (including 2 copies of the dolphy). Weirdly, my copy of Money Jungle wasn’t sealed in shrinkwrap, but all of the others were.

I’ve only ordered from there a couple times, and I vaguely remember it taking a few months to receive the records (that were supposed to be in stock, not pre-orders). No major issues, though.
And yes, my copy of Money Jungle was not in shrink wrap either.

Back