Online Vinyl Deals

So this one isn't so much a deal as a restock out of nowhere, but Steve Earle's Train A Comin hadn't been at retail on Discogs for a while now and it seems retail priced stock is popping up. Popmarket has one up on Discogs, Amazon had a drop

Example is here:

Got my Zavvi records in today - had two copies of "Out To Lunch" but luckily my brother in law didn't have that one either.

Nice! What else was in there? Mine's scheduled to show up on Monday. Isn't there a swap thread or something for those Zavvi random boxes?

Huge Merchbar sale today. Have people had issues with their customer service? Was just posting on reddit that their jazz selection on sale is mostly grey pressings though hard to tell because they often don't list the label. But their rock section appears to have some solid deals. For example, I remember people talking about this hard to find Neil Young album?

Anyway, curious to hear about other peoples' experiences with MerchBar.

From when I asked when the Her OST was leaking in places, people didn't report many issues but also didn't have a ton of amazing things to say.

Really good sale for newer items which haven't had a chance to find one of the B2G1 type experiences. Evermore, Future Nostalgia Deluxe, Sufjan's Convocations pre-order all stand out at a good notch below market. Also seeing Sault on there which I know some people were hyping up as well as some other import titles. Worth a scroll through for sure.

Last edited:
Huge Merchbar sale today. Have people had issues with their customer service? Was just posting on reddit that their jazz selection on sale is mostly grey pressings though hard to tell because they often don't list the label. But their rock section appears to have some solid deals. For example, I remember people talking about this hard to find Neil Young album?

I purchased a couple records from them in the past year or so. It was fine, I can't remember any problems. I had to contact their CS and they were helpful.

Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch x2
Ellington/Mingus/Roach - Money Jungle
Miles Davis - Sketches Of Spain
Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto
Mine was just delivered today with this exact same set of records (including 2 copies of the dolphy). Weirdly, my copy of Money Jungle wasn’t sealed in shrinkwrap, but all of the others were.

I’ve only ordered from there a couple times, and I vaguely remember it taking a few months to receive the records (that were supposed to be in stock, not pre-orders). No major issues, though.

This was mine, except the duplicate of Out to Lunch was an unsealed Ella and Louis for me.

Honestly, for someone who has very limited jazz, I'm SUPER happy with this group of five for the price.

Used this on an Eno album I'd been wanting for a long time.
I used it on the 25th Anniversary RTI pressing of Graceland and Neil Young’s debut. Man there are a lot of Graceland pressings around, glad they had the RTI one, not sure how the others sound.

This was mine, except the duplicate of Out to Lunch was an unsealed Ella and Louis for me.

Honestly, for someone who has very limited jazz, I'm SUPER happy with this group of five for the price.
I received:
the unsealed Money Jungle
Getz/Gilberto
Sketches of Spain
Out To Lunch
Speak No Evil by Wayne Shorter

Funny thing, I just ordered the Boom Boom version of Sketches of Spain from Amazon, should be arriving any time. I do already have a Getz/Gilberto, courtesy of the PIF thread. And honestly, I'm glad I didn't get Ella and Louis, I have one coming from Acoustic Sounds in the next day or so.

I remember before there were some people trading records from their boxes, but it seems like we all got pretty much the same titles. So, off to the PIF thread I go!

I received:
the unsealed Money Jungle
Getz/Gilberto
Sketches of Spain
Out To Lunch
Speak No Evil by Wayne Shorter

Funny thing, I just ordered the Boom Boom version of Sketches of Spain from Amazon, should be arriving any time. I do already have a Getz/Gilberto, courtesy of the PIF thread. And honestly, I'm glad I didn't get Ella and Louis, I have one coming from Acoustic Sounds in the next day or so.

I remember before there were some people trading records from their boxes, but it seems like we all got pretty much the same titles. So, off to the PIF thread I go!

Mine hasn't come in yet and I think that's probably true for others as well. Wasn't there a swap thread for the first wave of orders someone linked to before that we can use?

Back