Online Vinyl Deals

They’re banking you’ll hit a link. I get stuff saying my paypal account has been suspended all the time. I take a look at the email address, see it’s not PayPal, send to junk.
what's good indicator your getting a phishing email from a fake PP account?

A real email from paypal should come from service@paypal.com. The address at issue, which adds an "intl" to give the appearance of legitimacy, is suspect.

You can trust me. I received a Certificate of Achievement for successfully completing the "2019 Kevin Mitnick Security Awareness Training - 15 min" at my workplace.

Last edited:

One indicator is that the actual email sending it is a jumbled mess.

Never go through one of these links. If you actually have a charge or an issue with your PayPayl account, it will show that on your PayPal account. Just go there directly

A real email from paypal should come from service@paypal.com. Any other address is suspect.

You can trust me. I received a Certificate of Achievement for successfully completing the "2019 Kevin Mitnick Security Awareness Training - 15 min" at my workplace.
I get these all the time as @Lee Newman mentioned, you can always log into your PayPal account and see if the charge exists, and if so, contact PP from your account directly. I would pretty much guarantee you'll never see these supposed transactions ;)

All paypal emails are personalized with your name. So dear user, or anything like that is 100% not real.

One key thing to do though is never click on a link in an email telling you that your account needs attention. Just log into said account instead. PayPal, your bank, etc. will have an alert on your account when you log in.

Last edited:
I have 300 Billion pounds sterling I need to place in an account because I’m nice like that.
Also the money was given me by a Persian Prince on a Magic Carpet who said I should share my good fortune.
Please send bank account details via DM.
Thx

I will say some of those scheming emails are getting a bit better lately, it's like they used these Covid times to really fine tune there craft 🙃

Like several others said which I do myself and tell anyone I know is make it a strict rule to never under any circumstance click on a link to login anywhere that involves personal or $$$ information. Just open a new tab to manually type the address and sign in to check. Seems kind of obvious to many but it amazes me how many people I talk to that still get tricked by this.

My work sends fake phishing emails to our work accounts and then scolds us if we click on them. It's super fun and I love it.
They do that at mine too except they treat it like a good natured game. If you flag it you get a a message stating “great job” this was part of the test. TBH 99.9% of my work emails that are outside our company are test phishing emails so they kinda stick out like a sore thumb.

My work sends fake phishing emails to our work accounts and then scolds us if we click on them. It's super fun and I love it.

Whenever I send the it folk phising emails I get follow ups asking if I clicked anything etc. So now I add something like, "looks like phising, I'm too smart to click on the link," in hopes that they will just send their thanks.

They do that at mine too except they treat it like a good natured game. If you flag it you get a a message stating “great job” this was part of the test. TBH 99.9% of my work emails that are outside our company are test phishing emails so they kinda stick out like a sore thumb.
At my place if you click on two of those phishing tests in a one-year span you’re probably getting fired. Any one person in your department clicks one during a calendar year, they dock 5% off your bonus. My idiot coworker cost us that cash this year.

At my place if you click on two of those phishing tests in a one-year span you’re probably getting fired. Any one person in your department clicks one during a calendar year, they dock 5% off your bonus. My idiot coworker cost us that cash this year.
We had a client where the CFO clicked one and infected the whole company.

We had a client where the CFO clicked one and infected the whole company.

I've been scanning a lot of VPs' computers for malware lately.

What's worse is you call them and say you're from IT and you need to scan the computer and they just let you without verifying anything. I always send them a ticket from our system telling them I will be calling but you'd think if they just got in trouble for trusting a fake email they would be a little more cautious.

Job security, I guess, lol.

Back