Online Vinyl Deals

It seems like with the USPS delays, more of my online orders are now being shipped UPS, which is annoying because I’m away from my apartment for a few weeks right now and I set up a mail hold with USPS.

Does anyone have tips for getting UPS to hold packages or get them to hand the packages over to USPS? It looks like the max that UPS will hold a package is like 7 days and I won’t be home for another 3 weeks.

It seems like with the USPS delays, more of my online orders are now being shipped UPS, which is annoying because I’m away from my apartment for a few weeks right now and I set up a mail hold with USPS.

Does anyone have tips for getting UPS to hold packages or get them to hand the packages over to USPS? It looks like the max that UPS will hold a package is like 7 days and I won’t be home for another 3 weeks.
Can you do it if you sign up for My Choice on the UPS site?

I don't if it is just me but it looks like Music today has 15 percent off through their webstores until midnight. I just ordered the Brent Cobb from there. I know some people hate them so don't flame me ok.

I know I literally JUST roasted them, but they are fine for me for non-preorders if you don't think about their shipping prices.

Also ever since I discovered how to get them on the phone my CS experience has been alot better since they are a flat out delight to deal with and I have had no pushback in cancelling orders

I know I literally JUST roasted them, but they are fine for me for non-preorders if you don't think about their shipping prices.

Also ever since I discovered how to get them on the phone my CS experience has been alot better since they are a flat out delight to deal with and I have had no pushback in cancelling orders

My signed Brent Cobb was $23.66 with shipping, tax and 15% code. I didn't think that was bad at all.

My signed Brent Cobb was $23.66 with shipping, tax and 15% code. I didn't think that was bad at all.

Yeah definitely not. May cop that too actually, thanks. Got my Kelsea Ballerini signed record with no issues, same with my Fiona Vinyl. And I didnt hesitate at all grabbing that Reba signed Vinyl.

I think I'm just still bitter on my Camila Cabello signed album which is going on 8 months now, and will still likely be autosigned.

Just set up a local UPS drop location that's close. It says 7 days but just give your local USP drop a call after the package has landed and they'll hold your chit for however long you're traveling. The caveat being if you don't give your local UPS drop a call to explain your trip, they will return it after 7 days. Happened to me in June. Got the free Amazon download and a full refund on the LP, so all was not lost (y) ;) 🔥

Does anyone have a code for The Sound of Vinyl (the UK shop)?? I constantly get discounts sent to me from uDiscover Vinyl but of course the one record I want is on the UK shop only.

Thanks.

Can you do it if you sign up for My Choice on the UPS site?
Yeah I tried this and you can delay the delivery to the UPS “access point” of your choosing for a number of days, but once it’s delivered, they only hold it for 7 days before they return it to the sender.

I guess that’s my question, too - does anyone know what would happen if I had a package of records returned to the sender (e.g. udiscover) - would they try to re-ship them to me? Or would they just refund me and void the sale? Or would I just lose the money and the records?

Just set up a local UPS drop location that's close. It says 7 days but just give your local USP drop a call after the package has landed and they'll hold your chit for however long you're traveling. The caveat being if you don't give your local UPS drop a call to explain your trip, they will return it after 7 days. Happened to me in June. Got the free Amazon download and a full refund on the LP, so all was not lost (y) ;) 🔥
Thanks - I’ll try this!

Does anyone have a code for The Sound of Vinyl (the UK shop)?? I constantly get discounts sent to me from uDiscover Vinyl but of course the one record I want is on the UK shop only.

Thanks.

I think I've only ever seen discounts for first purchases. I've joined with 3 email addresses to get that code. You could try that if all else fails.

I think I've only ever seen discounts for first purchases. I've joined with 3 email addresses to get that code. You could try that if all else fails.
I'll look into that, thanks!

edit to add - looks like I already have an account from them but was still able to use this code for 10% off:

SOV10OFF1

Last edited:

Um can you please share this with me as im on my second CC chargeback of the summer with them since they stopped responding to emails

Back