Online Vinyl Deals

I pre-ordered a record from Sub Pop directly and got a message that any subsequent orders over $25 would get 20% off until the Covid situation is over.

YMMV, but worth a shot if you're ordering a Sub Pop release since they tend to be the cheapest anyways.
Thanks! I was just getting ready to purchase a few from the mega mart.

Not a deal but with Amazon's recent run of low cost deals a bit of a heads up for those considering it.

I've heard reports of this from others and had my first experience today of Amazon mailing a record in a light plastic bag akin to what clothing and small plastic items (phone chargers, gift cards, etc.) are often sent in - not a cardboard box, cardboard mailer ,or even a bubble mailer, but just a plastic bag. My Lake Street Dive copy came in one of these mailers, all four corners bent fairly badly with a pretty severe warp even though my local post office (and local private delivery cos) tends to be very good with package handling and avoiding damage. Given the hassle to return and likely reliance on a second hand seller to get it at 1.5 to 2x the cost, I do want to spin it later to see if it's just a visual warp or if it affects play before making a return cal, but even if the packaging doesn't affect the warp (hard to say given the heat, age of the record, etc. what contributed to that cause), the jacket was way worse for wear due to it.

It's not consistent of course: the Rhiannon Giddens everyone here enjoyed came packaged perfectly in a mailer in minty fresh condition, as did several other orders within the past month or two from them, I'd just keep it in mind if you're on the fence between sellers at this point in time.

Edit: One hour later via USPS (the plastic bag was delivered by UPS) comes an older, separate order in a mailer inside a box with bubble packaging. Go figure. And yes, a good reason to avoid among many of them.

Last edited:
Not a deal but with Amazon's recent run of low cost deals a bit of a heads up for those considering it.

I've heard reports of this from others and had my first experience today of Amazon mailing a record in a light plastic bag akin to what clothing and small plastic items (phone chargers, gift cards, etc.) are often sent in - not a cardboard box, cardboard mailer ,or even a bubble mailer, but just a plastic bag. My Lake Street Dive copy came in one of these mailers, all four corners bent fairly badly with a pretty severe warp even though my local post office tends to be very good with package handling and avoiding damage. Given the hassle to return and likely reliance on a second hand seller to get it at 1.5 to 2x the cost, I do want to spin it later to see if it's just a visual warp or if it affects play before making a return cal, but even if the packaging doesn't affect the warp (hard to say given the heat, age of the record, etc. what contributed to that cause), the jacket was way worse for wear due to it.

It's not consistent of course: the Rhiannon Giddens everyone here enjoyed came packaged perfectly in a mailer in minty fresh condition, as did several other orders within the past month or two from them, I'd just keep it in mind if you're on the fence between sellers at this point in time.
Usually I get Mailers or a big box with bubble wrap inside to protect...but must recently...it just showed up with mailing label directly on the record 😳

I've heard reports of this from others and had my first experience today of Amazon mailing a record in a light plastic bag akin to what clothing and small plastic items (phone chargers, gift cards, etc.) are often sent in - not a cardboard box, cardboard mailer ,or even a bubble mailer, but just a plastic bag. My Lake Street Dive copy came in one of these mailers, all four corners bent fairly badly with a pretty severe warp even though my local post office tends to be very good with package handling and avoiding damage. Given the hassle to return and likely reliance on a second hand seller to get it at 1.5 to 2x the cost, I do want to spin it later to see if it's just a visual warp or if it affects play before making a return cal, but even if the packaging doesn't affect the warp (hard to say given the heat, age of the record, etc. what contributed to that cause), the jacket was way worse for wear due to it.

another reason to avoid them

Usually I get Mailers or a big box with bubble wrap inside to protect...but must recently...it just showed up with mailing label directly on the record 😳
yep, I have had some bags, and I've had this situation with the label on the record, and I've had it on a warehouse item that was no longer shrink-wrapped, so there were like 5 stickers all over this thing. Needless to say that was returned.

Last edited:
I've been getting records in bags as well
I've recently had both the bag, label affixed directly to record, and 2 horribly banged up records inside boxes -- one with a torn sleeve that taped back together with packing tape, the other that had clearly been left in the rain, returned, and was dropped in a box to send to me...

and I'm still bummed I missed that Daptone deal...

Did you place an order w subpop then receive the same message as @Kris ? If so, how does this work, is it a code?
It’s not a code. I placed a regular full price order. I got the message after that order that said the discount would be applied to subsequent orders. It was applied to a subsequent order over $25. They may have stopped the promotion.

It’s not a code. I placed a regular full price order. I got the message after that order that said the discount would be applied to subsequent orders. It was applied to a subsequent order over $25. They may have stopped the promotion.
Alright, we'll give it a whirl.

EDIT: Got the 20% discount message on my receipt, how about that!

I've been getting a ton of bags too, and once just with the unpacked record with a postage label on the shrink wrap.
Also lately almost all of my amazon vinyl orders are warped when they arrive. Maybe it's the summer heat but it's annoying. If I order from discogs or acoustic sounds all my vinyl arrives flat and well-packed.

I think this has been tough to find, and if you enter discount code “knife20,” you get an additional 20% off

The Knife - Silent Shout

damn, i really need a replacement for this. the us pressing is what i have and it is littered with non-fill and it is extremely painful to listen to.

Back