Online Vinyl Deals

Now that’s a good use for a sale, although the moon shape pool box could be had for around $45 on Reddit occasionally
Yea there are a few items that even with discount aren’t up to par with some sales from other places. I think the MoFi One Steps were probably the best deal in the whole sale. Getting those for $90 is pretty unheard of from everything I have seen. If they had Marvin Gaye it would have been game over for me haha.

@MikeH

So I tried the Target cancel two items trick to get the one I wanted- it worked but is keeping the original sales tax quote (>$10) , in your experience does that shake out before it charges?

@MikeH

So I tried the Target cancel two items trick to get the one I wanted- it worked but is keeping the original sales tax quote (>$10) , in your experience does that shake out before it charges?
I think mine adjusted if my math is right. I think NY sales tax is between 8 and 9%. I got one album for $24.50 after sale and the tax was 2.15 or something. Wondering if they changed it from this AM because they realized people were doing that trick?

I think mine adjusted if my math is right. I think NY sales tax is between 8 and 9%. I got one album for $24.50 after sale and the tax was 2.15 or something. Wondering if they changed it from this AM because they realized people were doing that trick?

It may just be in the system- I'm at about a 9% rate in Alabama too, but $10 tax would be almost 20%

Actually I fixed it- originally I had ordered 3x the same item and removed two; it kept the tax for the whole order. I placed a new order for three different items of the same price then cancelled the other two and it adjusted the tax accordingly this time.

Actually I fixed it- originally I had ordered 3x the same item and removed two; it kept the tax for the whole order. I placed a new order for three different items of the same price then cancelled the other two and it adjusted the tax accordingly this time.
Nice! I didn’t order three of the same—I just found three items that were very similar pricing and cancelled the other two so as not to confuse their system. Really surprised the trick works. You can save $120 on some of the bigger box sets like the Queen studio albums box or The Rolling Stones box.

I’m guessing this will be fully populated later tonight or tomorrow. IIRC the cancelling trick doesn’t work for Amazon but I’m too scared to try haha.

Hope you're right about it being populated because it's pretty sparse at the moment. (Though I don't know what the hell I'm talking about--I definitely don't need to be thinking about "taking advantage" of another sale right now :eek:.)

Last edited:
Hope you're right about it being populated because it's pretty sparse at the moment. (Though I don't know what the hell I'm talking about--I definitely don't need to be thinking about "taking advantage" of another sale right now :eek:.)
If it’s anything like last time, it will be similar titles to Target I think. The Target sale was even better this time than last at least in terms of music I enjoy. They had way more jazz albums this time and WAY more BNs.

Nice! I didn’t order three of the same—I just found three items that were very similar pricing and cancelled the other two so as not to confuse their system. Really surprised the trick works. You can save $120 on some of the bigger box sets like the Queen studio albums box or The Rolling Stones box.

Yes! I bought the Supergrass box set this way during the last sale.

Back