Online Vinyl Deals

Reactions: Jan
Target has Buy 2, Get 1 free on non-preorder and brand new vinyl (and movies and games).

2636B9AA-6F5B-4282-86CC-A48D5F9851A7.jpeg

If you can’t find three you want at a similar price, you can always add an additional record (or 2) on, buy all 3 and then go to your order history immediately and cancel the one (or 2) you don’t want. You’ll get 33% off the one (or 2) you keep.

Target has Buy 2, Get 1 free on non-preorder and brand new vinyl (and movies and games).

View attachment 51898

If you can’t find three you want at a similar price, you can always add an additional record (or 2) on, buy all 3 and then go to your order history immediately and cancel the one (or 2) you don’t want. You’ll get 33% off the one (or 2) you keep.
Just grabbed 3 Blue Note Tonepoets for $56 shipped, I’ll take it. Went with:

-Stanley Turrentine
-Hank Mobley
-Baby Face Willette

View attachment 51898

This is an alluring deal but I've already spent waaaay too much money on records the past few days as it is so...
EKcJlBfWwAAE8uH.jpg

View attachment 51898

I actually have $100 in Target GCs so this is quite ideal LOL

Gonna dive in once I get off work!

Regarding the buy 2 get one free deal, Target has 3 of the MoFi One Step albums all part of this deal: Blood on the Tracks, Mingus Ah Um and Monk’s Dream...it works out to around $95 each after tax instead of $125-135 each which is quite a substantial discount...if anybody was looking to take a plunge into the one steps, nows your chance! There are also quite a few great box sets. Fela vol 4 curated by Badu, The Police halfspeed mastered box set, and few others jumped out at me.

I can also confirm that if you only want 1 item, you can order three things that are the same price, check out and then immediately cancel the two items you don’t want and you’ll effectively get 33.3% off still. Just make sure the three things you order are the same price for the biggest possible discount.

Last edited:

View attachment 51898

I've actually been wanting that Stevie Wonder collection they show in the promo

@Vinyl&Kicks86 —saw your post but it got deleted it seems. Let me know if you figured it out! Essentially ordering three items at the same price maximizes your discount. The cheapest item is the one that Target uses to calculate the discount, so if you order two expensive albums and one cheap one, your discount will be smaller. If all items are the same or very similar price, you’re looking at an effective savings of 33% off all three records.

I can also confirm that if you only want 1 item, you can order three things that are the same price, check out and then immediately cancel the two items you don’t want and you’ll effectively get 33.3% off still. Just make sure the three things you order are the same price.

I'm going to try this with one item under $35. Will this charge shipping after discount? I'm assuming you can't buy 3 duplicates of the item for this trick?

I'm going to try this with one item under $35. Will this charge shipping after discount? I'm assuming you can't buy 3 duplicates of the item for this trick?
I’m not sure about charging shipping afterwards. I also wouldn’t buy three of the same exact album because it might be difficult to cancel only two after the fact.

wait let me double check I actually did buy one under $35...

edit: I do not appear to have been charged shipping. I think as long as your original total is above $35 before tax you’ll get free shipping.

I’m not sure about charging shipping afterwards. I also wouldn’t buy three of the same exact album because it might be difficult to cancel only two after the fact.

wait let me double check I actually did buy one under $35...

edit: I do not appear to have been charged shipping. I think as long as your original total is above $35 before tax you’ll get free shipping.

OK, thank you @MikeH!

Back