Online Vinyl Deals

Just grabbed 3 Blue Note Tonepoets for $56 shipped, I’ll take it. Went with:

-Stanley Turrentine
-Hank Mobley
-Baby Face Willette

Did the exact same thing, but with Horace Silver (fathers day gift for my dad) instead of Baby Face. I've been looking for a good price on that Mobley and Turrentine.

I hate that I don’t have an updated discogs

I hate that I didn’t organize my records when I moved into the new house OR again when I moved them into the living room.

SO does anyone know if the in rainbows is safe to buy anywhere now? I think I’m missing it and I’m uncertain if there is still a bad version to get

I hate that I don’t have an updated discogs

I hate that I didn’t organize my records when I moved into the new house OR again when I moved them into the living room.

SO does anyone know if the in rainbows is safe to buy anywhere now? I think I’m missing it and I’m uncertain if there is still a bad version to get
Someone like @Crabbers might be better qualified to answer this question but I think if you're looking for In Rainbows, you'll want the UK pressing.

Someone like @Crabbers might be better qualified to answer this question but I think if you're looking for In Rainbows, you'll want the UK pressing.
Oh ok.
I thought there were two record labels in the states and one was to be avoided.
Didn’t know with XL being a thing now If it’s safe. But may be hard to tell via target.

Oh ok.
Didn’t know with XL being a thing now If it’s safe. But may be hard to tell via target.
Radiohead always seems to use different plants in the UK and the US. I'm not 100% sure which is best for In Rainbows, but sadly a lot of Radiohead's pressings seem to be a bit shit. I always opt for the UK pressings over US but someone else better versed in it might know more!

Just grabbed 3 Blue Note Tonepoets for $56 shipped, I’ll take it. Went with:

-Stanley Turrentine
-Hank Mobley
-Baby Face Willette

Awesome! I don't need any of the Blue Notes, so I went with:
Perfume Genius (his latest)
Shabaka and the Ancestors - We Are Sent...
Darden Smith - Everything (2017 title by a singer-songwriter I liked in the 80's-early 90's)

There are a lot of available titles. A few others that were tempting (and I suppose there's still time...:p:
Dinosaur Jr. - multiple deluxe editions, plus basic titles
Jess Williamson
The Stroppies
Sarah Jarosz
Mitski
Mazzy Star
Wayne Shorter - Jazz at Lincoln Center
Jason Isbell
Tre Brut
J.S. Ondara

Awesome! I don't need any of the Blue Notes, so I went with:
Perfume Genius (his latest)
Shabaka and the Ancestors - We Are Sent...
Darden Smith - Everything (2017 title by a singer-songwriter I liked in the 80's-early 90's)

There are a lot of available titles. A few others that were tempting (and I suppose there's still time...:p:
Dinosaur Jr. - multiple deluxe editions, plus basic titles
Jess Williamson
The Stroppies
Sarah Jarosz
Mitski
Mazzy Star
Wayne Shorter - Jazz at Lincoln Center
Jason Isbell
Tre Brut
J.S. Ondara
There is SO much good stuff on there to be honest. Lots of great jazz, box sets, they have the Neil Young Harvest Archive collection pressing that I have been eying...

Oh ok.
What @MikeH said, stay with euro pressings. Ideally for in rainbows though, you want the 45rpm box version...it sounds very nice

This Target sale is going to be tough to not drop in on every day. Their Blue Notes are already around the cheapest without the buy 2, get 1.
I went in and out this AM, grabbed 3 expensive items (cancelled 1), and grabbed one $35 album for around $22 and now considering blocking target's website for the next week or so haha.

BN80's end up about $13. Need a bunch of those too

I haven't checked out yet with any pre-order Tone Poet titles, which I thought were going to be excluded from this sale, but both the Jackie McLean and Bobby Hutcherson June titles are marked as part of the buy-2-get-1 offer. Also looking at the Lee Konitz BN80 title, Alone Together, which is a double album and priced as a Tone-Poet ($26.99 pre-sale).

I haven't checked out yet with any pre-order Tone Poet titles, which I thought were going to be excluded from this sale, but both the Jackie McLean and Bobby Hutcherson June titles are marked as part of the buy-2-get-1 offer. Also looking at the Lee Konitz BN80 title, Alone Together, which is a double album and priced as a Tone-Poet ($26.99 pre-sale).
I will post in the jazz thread, but have made a somewhat comprehensive list of interesting jazz titles in the sale. There are obviously others, but TONS of good titles in this sale.

Back