Online Vinyl Deals

I'm surprised to hear that your local stores won't now go online. Why not just start a discogs account and sell the inventory they have in stock?

A couple of my favorite record stores include: Carolina Soul (they plan to put a lot more of their in-store stock on discogs) and All Day Records who are going exclusively online as well.
Love Carolina Soul. I have ordered from them via eBay. Great selection.

Saddle Creek is offering 15% off online purchases (pre-orders excluded) with the code SUPPORT. As always, Saddle Creek ships for free.

I'm surprised to hear that your local stores won't now go online. Why not just start a discogs account and sell the inventory they have in stock?

A couple of my favorite record stores include: Carolina Soul (they plan to put a lot more of their in-store stock on discogs) and All Day Records who are going exclusively online as well.
Love Carolina Soul, Bull City Records has been my shop of choice for 15 years!

There’s a Velvet Underground Verve/M Mono Box Set of 5 LPs on Amazon for $87.62 right now. All pressed at RTI.

It includes:
  • The Velvet Underground & Nico
  • Nico “Chelsea Girl”
  • The Velvet Underground “White Light/White Heat”
  • The Velvet Underground s/t
  • An unreleased 4th studio album “1969” (it’s not the live album “1969”
It does NOT include “Loaded”, but you’re getting these other 5 albums for like $17.52 each.

I’ve had this in my cart for months and it’s been at $91 most of that time, so I pulled the trigger on this today. It says there are only like 10 left.

I've heard this Sundazed set is a really nice sounding get.

There’s a Velvet Underground Verve/M Mono Box Set of 5 LPs on Amazon for $87.62 right now. All pressed at RTI.

It includes:
  • Nico “Chelsea Girl”
It does NOT include “Loaded”, but you’re getting these other 5 albums for like $17.52 each.

I’ve had this in my cart for months and it’s been at $91 most of that time, so I pulled the trigger on this today. It says there are only like 10 left.

It includes:
  • Nico “Chelsea Girl”

See, that photo shows the 2019 version pressed at RTI and cut by Kevin Gray.

But the item description says it's the 2012 release and my bible tells me that those are pressed at Rainbo and def not cut by KG.

This seems like a major gamble

EDIT: the amazon reviews and pics seem to show people have been getting the RTI second pressing of this.

See, that photo shows the 2019 version pressed at RTI and cut by Kevin Gray.

But the item description says it's the 2012 release and my bible tells me that those are pressed at Rainbo and def not cut by KG.

This seems like a major gamble

EDIT: the amazon reviews and pics seem to show people have been getting the RTI second pressing of this.

Yeah, I was hesitant because some of the reviews say the box itself (packaging) is pretty cheap, but most of them say the records at least sound great.

I didn’t have any of these except for a 4Men with Beards press of Velvet Underground & Nico, so I’m looking forward to it.

• Limit of 2 per customer.
  • Includes two (2) Polyvinyl and two (2) Father/Daughter releases.

It's no secret that everyone loves a good mystery and a great deal, so this weekend we're bringing you both!

In partnership with our buds at Father/Daughter, we are offering an incredible deal on vinyl, CDs, and tapes with the caveat being that you won't know what you're getting until you open up for your package.

To ensure that we can send these out in a timely manner, we aren't able to take any requests, but we promise not to send you any duplicates!

We also guarantee that we will not repeat artists in the same bundle. If you order more than one bundle you may see a repeat artist, but such is life.

Hurry -- this great deal will only be available through Monday, March 23, but may end sooner if stock runs low!

Please note: there is a limit of 2 bundles per format per customer.

It includes:
  • Nico “Chelsea Girl”

Okay, I am gonna take a flyer on this and see what happens. I have had absolutely terrible luck with Amazon lately but an Kevin Gray cut RTI mono press of VU seems like a worthy risk. I will report back once it arrives currently scheduled for a Monday delivery. Fingers-crossed.

30% off today and tomorrow at Strand Of Oaks store. Signed vinyl and other goodies

It includes:
  • Nico “Chelsea Girl”

Follow Up:

I received my box today and (thankfully) it arrived in great condition. The boxset that I receive was in fact the 2019 Sundazed RTI presses Kevin Gray cut version though it didn’t have the RTI hype sticker affixed to the cellophane (The Matrix did contain the “KPG @ CA” etching and the inner sleeves are the heavy duty clear ones that are commonly used by RTI). The box contained a couple poster reprints and an unstuck banana sticker (presumably to stick the VU&N if so desires) I did notice that the stock of the VU&N is Matte compared with my 50th Anniversary Reissue copy which is super glossy.

I have not yet listened to these (I am gonna save them for my next 10 hour work from home shift on Wednesday) but based upon off everyone involved (Sundazed, RTI, Kevin Gray) and the fact they are mono I expect I will be in for a treat once I do.

Here are a few “unboxing” photos for those curious. Also, last I checked earlier today, this is still listed at the same approximate price quoted in the original post. Big thanks to @Ericj32 for making me hip to this deal, I am pretty stoked to have this set in my collection.
AB0DCF41-E232-4F77-8555-51CDE7290FBD.jpeg
820685E2-A402-4A67-A333-1836AB9E1AA4.jpeg
37B9DAC0-CC1E-47C0-8A64-64D0CB29A0E6.jpeg
5CC0504E-0E5D-4C5E-BEA8-F7EC6E2ABA67.jpegD59113F8-BC94-411C-8566-522E8CCF052C.jpeg
4A48289F-CA24-4BF0-A6D0-A960ACDCFE49.jpeg
91133E09-73AE-40C9-8CB4-BEC1CF73F1FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Follow Up:

I received my box today and (thankfully) it arrived in great condition. The boxset that I receive was in fact the 2019 Sundazed RTI presses Kevin Gray cut version though it didn’t have the RTI hype sticker affixed to the cellophane (The Matrix did contain the “KPG @ CA” etching and the inner sleeves are the heavy duty clear ones that are commonly used by RTI). The box contained a couple poster reprints and an unstuck banana sticker (presumably to stick the VU&N if so desires) I did notice that the stock of the VU&N is Matte compared with my 50th Anniversary Reissue copy which is super glossy.

I have not yet listened to these (I am gonna save them for my next 10 hour work from home shift on Wednesday) but based upon off everyone involved (Sundazed, RTI, Kevin Gray) and the fact they are mono I expect I will be in for a treat once I do.

Here are a few “unboxing” photos for those curious. Also, last I checked earlier today, this is still listed at the same approximate price quoted in the original post. Big thanks to @Ericj32 for making me hip to this deal, I am pretty stoked to have this set in my collection.
View attachment 37339
View attachment 37340
View attachment 37341
View attachment 37342View attachment 37343
View attachment 37344
View attachment 37345

I ordered before you and mine hasn't even shipped grrr

Follow Up:

I received my box today and (thankfully) it arrived in great condition. The boxset that I receive was in fact the 2019 Sundazed RTI presses Kevin Gray cut version though it didn’t have the RTI hype sticker affixed to the cellophane (The Matrix did contain the “KPG @ CA” etching and the inner sleeves are the heavy duty clear ones that are commonly used by RTI).
I ordered before you and mine hasn't even shipped grrr

Yeah, mine is supposed to arrive before the end of this week but isn’t showing as shipped yet either. I don’t have prime though so I figured it would take a while.

But I’m really happy and relieved that it looks like it was a good deal after all. Thanks for the report and photos @TenderLovingKiller® !!! Seeing that confirmation makes waiting for it to arrive a little less stressful haha.

Back