Online Vinyl Deals

While their site appears to be down at the moment, Light in the Attic is now offering 20% off the vast majority of their site (offer does not apply to new releases). They are also offering free domestic media mail shipping on all orders over $75.

While their site appears to be down at the moment, Light in the Attic is now offering 20% off the vast majority of their site (offer does not apply to new releases). They are also offering free domestic media mail shipping on all orders over $75.

I've always been LIA curious but with the exception of Betty Davis Columbia Years I don't think I have any of their releases. What would be folks' top 2 or 3 picks to grab in this sale?

While we all love online deals, please consider spending your money on your local Record Store instead (that's if you are spending on records anyway).

One of my local posted a text on IG saying that they will remain open for as long as the local authorities allow them to, since they can't afford to close. They're also offering free delivery in certain areas for those who prefer to stay at home.

I was going to purchase a couple of ORG records online, but decided to give my local my money instead. This kind of small business are the ones who suffer the most from the situation we're in.

I've always been LIA curious but with the exception of Betty Davis Columbia Years I don't think I have any of their releases. What would be folks' top 2 or 3 picks to grab in this sale?
I don't have most of these, so if anyone else can comment on pressing quality, that would be awesome, but here are some I would be buying if I wasn't trying not to buy records at the moment:

Japanese:
Kankyo Ongaku Ambient compilation
Even A Tree Can Shed Tears - 69-73 folk & rock comp
Hiroshi Yoshimura - Music For 9 Post Cards

Brazilian:
Erasmo Carlos - Carlos, Erasmo...

Post-Punk/Experimental:
This Heat - This Heat/Deceit

UK Rock:
The Stone Roses, - s/t

French:
Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire de Melody Nelson

Hip Hop:
Digable Planets - Blowout Comb/Reachin'

Neo-soul:
D'Angelo - Voodoo

That was just zipping through their store. I think some titles were missing from the list. Sorry if some of those are out of stock.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not a deal per se but I just wanted to promote my local record store, they are currently offering free shipping while the store is closed. Check them out if you need some new wax while laying low for the next few weeks...

While we all love online deals, please consider spending your money on your local Record Store instead (that's if you are spending on records anyway).

One of my local posted a text on IG saying that they will remain open for as long as the local authorities allow them to, since they can't afford to close. They're also offering free delivery in certain areas for those who prefer to stay at home.

I was going to purchase a couple of ORG records online, but decided to give my local my money instead. This kind of small business are the ones who suffer the most from the situation we're in.

This! Even better is buying gift cards to spend when everything is ok. I did support two of my favorite shops this way. I hope they will go through all this.

Both of my locals don't have an online store, so when they closed down that's it, they're down completely.

If I do go for something, I'll hit up @Plaid Room / Colemine for the time being.

I'm surprised to hear that your local stores won't now go online. Why not just start a discogs account and sell the inventory they have in stock?

A couple of my favorite record stores include: Carolina Soul (they plan to put a lot more of their in-store stock on discogs) and All Day Records who are going exclusively online as well.

I'm surprised to hear that your local stores won't now go online. Why not just start a discogs account and sell the inventory they have in stock?

A couple of my favorite record stores include: Carolina Soul (they plan to put a lot more of their in-store stock on discogs) and All Day Records who are going exclusively online as well.

It's possible they might at some point I guess, but they've given no indication that they plan on it.

Couple of Portland stores, Jackpot and Music Millennium are giving you an extra 10 or 15% credit on your purchase of a gift card when you redeem it later. Nice little bonus while you help.

it's a time like this when i wonder if the dump that is Everyday Music wishes they'd invested in some sort of inventory & ecommerce system.

time for MM to take their site a bit more seriously, methinks. glad i was able to stop in this last weekend and spend some money while practicing social distancing methods.

it's a time like this when i wonder if the dump that is Everyday Music wishes they'd invested in some sort of inventory & ecommerce system.

time for MM to take their site a bit more seriously, methinks. glad i was able to stop in this last weekend and spend some money while practicing social distancing methods.
Yeah, I noticed they are moving back into only the West side of the downtown store. They just take such poor care of all their inventory. Even new stuff I've looked at it is beaten up. I rarely if ever make it into that place, gotta be real bored.

Yeah, Millennium could do a lot more with their site. They seem to really rely on the "we're the old store" motto. Would love to see them find a way to improve to have a more modern way to assist with sales. It's one of the places I go also, but they always seem to be a couple dollars more than 2nd Ave/Jackpot. But I love Terry and all the things he does for Portland music, so like to support.

Couple of Portland stores, Jackpot and Music Millennium are giving you an extra 10 or 15% credit on your purchase of a gift card when you redeem it later. Nice little bonus while you help.

I've so enjoyed Jackpot Records any time I've been there. Awesome to hear that they are doing this!

Back