October 2020 Challenge Thread: Let’s Get Weird

Day 20 Face Yo

You want a really cool story about how I have an autographed Blossom Dearie with my name on it? Well I’d love to tell you one but I just got drunk and overpaid for it on eBay just because my name was on it .

Durrrrp that names my name take all my money No regerts though I love her voice and it’s a sweet album
DAF7F6E6-F577-4931-BAAD-9B4A0DB15ED8.jpeg

DAY 21
VIDEO GAMES
Mindless Self Indulgence - You'll Rebel to Anything
Maybe a stretch but I don't have too many that fit this theme. MSI's music definitely seems to have some sounds influenced by old-school video games and frontman Jimmy Urine has composed the soundtrack to at least one game... so I think it counts 😀 (I also vaguely remember his side project The Left Rights had a song about Sega Genesis?)
20201021_022324.jpg
Also, it's hard to tell from that picture, but the cross on the cover is actually made up of a bunch of different game console parts
youll-rebel-to-anything-54fd6090cc05b.jpg

Day 20: Gave Good Face

Lee Morgan ‎– The Cooker (Blue Note, 1958 First Mono Pressing)

I have always loved the Blue Note covers and the majority would fit into todays challenge. The Cooker is one of my favourite Lee Morgan albums and the simple shot of him pondering is a fantastic one. The simplicity of these covers just makes the all the more interesting in my opinion!

IMG_2847.JPG

Day 21: 8 Bit Action - Spin a Video Game soundtrack or something that sounds like it could soundtrack a video game

Space Jam Soundtrack

I don't really own anything that fits this description so I decided to play a soundtrack to a movie that also has a video game haha

Back