Oceanic Members.

Indies have to be expensive compared to the big chains.. they sell smaller units and have to pay employees
So I dunno I guess I give them a free pass.

I do rock a support your indie sticker

Nah these guys are 100% flippers, they also promote themselves aggressively enough that their overpriced listings come up on Google and eBay before cheaper ones of the same record. I think they're one of the biggest Australian indie record stores, and probably the most expensive so its not just that.

Only one I know that even has half of the music I want tho lol who do u shop with ? ill peep em :)

I live in Yamba on the North Coast of NSW, so don't have a lot of options, 90% of my new vinyl purchases are made online, but I do travel a bit and have some regular visits to -

Tommy Gun - Hobart
Red Eye Records, Egg Records, Utopia and Something Else - Sydney
Rocking Horse - Brisbane

Other than that, I'll travel far and wide to record fairs for some proper digging which is what its all about for me.

I live in Yamba on the North Coast of NSW, so don't have a lot of options, 90% of my new vinyl purchases are made online, but I do travel a bit and have some regular visits to -

Tommy Gun - Hobart
Red Eye Records, Egg Records, Utopia and Something Else - Sydney
Rocking Horse - Brisbane

Other than that, I'll travel far and wide to record fairs.

I have alot of love for rocking horse my favourite music store to visit.
But I have never bought vinyl from that joint lol mostly because I only ever went for CDs back in the day.
I need to keep a look out for em more often I think :) thanks for the reminder ;)

Nah these guys are 100% flippers, they also promote themselves aggressively enough that their overpriced listings come up on Google and eBay before cheaper ones of the same record. I think they're one of the biggest Australian indie record stores, and probably the most expensive so its not just that.

Ah okay. I do see some special albums that are high but normally I feel that aint so bad like 10$ over which cause they have afterpay and they indie I dont mind paying.

Afterpay charges something like 6% tax onto the store.

I did buy a few albums from vinyl.com.au but I am convinced they only sell second hand stuff that been sent back due to defects or something because every album except for really unknown stuff had some kinda defect. Normally a defect you can ignore but a defect all the same lol

This is pretty ballsy, selling bootlegs in a store:

Is this normal in other states? I'll occasionally see boots at record shows in Adelaide, not local shops though.

Is this normal in other states? I'll occasionally see boots at record shows in Adelaide, not local shops though.

I got no problem with it cause alot of music isnt officially pressed or is near impossible to get.

I only wish it was more obvious incase someone couldnt figure out they was bootlegs

But ive found bootlegs in ALL music stores even the big chains. Didnt know it was a "ballsy" thing I thought it was quite normal for them all to stock boots

Whats your fav bootleg?
I don’t have any. I work on the theory that everything will be pressed officially at some point so I’ve never bothered to chase bootlegs. Happy to stream albums I like until they get a proper release. Live love ASAP is probably the one I’m holding out for the most though

I don't think they do at my local, but I'm under the impression it's pretty common.

I don’t have any. I work on the theory that everything will be pressed officially at some point so I’ve never bothered to chase bootlegs. Happy to stream albums I like until they get a proper release. Live love ASAP is probably the one I’m holding out for the most though

I just bought that bootleg "Live Love A$AP"

Cause even if it does come out ill just buy it a second time lol

Hahahahaha! Nice one! 🤣

I’m not crazy, I promise! 😅😇

Just tell me which area you live in! You’re an Aussie! I want to know where you live! Aussies always look after each other. Even on here! Join the family! You might live close to Pijo, or goodoohuru or Hunna or me!

TELL MEEEEEE! YOU’RE DRIVING ME NUTS! 😂

Reply to you here cause ull piss everyone off in there and get me put on ignore even more xD North Briz.

But im not a crackhead honest lol :ROFLMAO:

There was an exclusive of Hardcore before. It was limited by memory to I think 3,500 copies. But it’s a normal black pressing, its not coloured.....and the sound quality was meh! 👎

I bought the warp machine ages ago! And it just arrived before I left! I haven’t even used it yet! But I can’t wait to use it!!! 😁

I just got a company to buy the VMP hardcore for me (its how my poor ass gets vinyl lol)

But I see how it is your trying to offload all inferior stuff cause its not up to your standards and you lose sleep at night knowing the inferior copies are sitting next to your premium copies :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I hope this young dude drops the best fkin album. He been in the states since he dropped this touring and hanging out with fucking juice wrld and everyone.. getting so much support.

Whats your fav bootleg?

This is tough af. My bootleg collection is so wavy!!

Coloring Book and Section .80 are fire. Cilvia Demo and Sun's Tirade are close but Cilvia Demo's sound is better that ST. Yeezus woulda been the one maybe but I got a one off copy missing Bound 2 :(

Overly Dedicated and Kendrick Lamar EP are nice as well. Channel Orange boot is good but god it's ugly as shit! OF TAPE Colume 2 sounds amazing but the bootleg cover is so lame. 4:44 is nice so is Live Love ASAP

MY FAVORITE THO: The Life of Pablo (this may change as I start remembering more)

This is tough af. My bootleg collection is so wavy!!

Coloring Book and Section .80 are fire. Cilvia Demo and Sun's Tirade are close but Cilvia Demo's sound is better that ST. Yeezus woulda been the one maybe but I got a one off copy missing Bound 2 :(

Overly Dedicated and Kendrick Lamar EP are nice as well. Channel Orange boot is good but god it's ugly as shit! OF TAPE Colume 2 sounds amazing but the bootleg cover is so lame. 4:44 is nice so is Live Love ASAP

MY FAVORITE THO: The Life of Pablo (this may change as I start remembering more)

Damn. You got some serious heat there haha bootlegs are so fkin expensive so ive steered away from em.
But I need all of kanyes discography. Including that live thing that clint hates lol
I deff need those 2 kendricks lol so jelly u got them haha

I’m not bribing, I’m being genuine. I’ve had other travellers stay over at my house. I’ve had heaps of people come over and so many other people have done that to me, in Iran, Azerbijan, Greece, Ethiopia, Costa Rica, Pakistan etc. Around the world people invite strangers to come over and welcome them into their place. It’s just not really a ‘western’ thing as much.

I’m opinionated, and silly, and insensitive sometimes and crazy but I’m really sweet, welcoming and caring.

Way 2 many creeps and shit round here.. You go to some randoms house around here (AUS in my experience) its either you gettin fucked or robbed xD
Which is probably fine if you broke and wanna be fucked lol :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No offense to any horny robbers.. Usually get a warning about now when I talk like this.. im waiting for it

Damn. You got some serious heat there haha bootlegs are so fkin expensive so ive steered away from em.
But I need all of kanyes discography. Including that live thing that clint hates lol
I deff need those 2 kendricks lol so jelly u got them haha

HHV! HHV! HHV! HHV!

Yea the shipping is 19.99 which is shit, but usually u can get 4 bootlegs for about 80 bucks....so 100 for 4 records shipped from Denmark isn't bad imo!!!

HHV! HHV! HHV! HHV!

Yea the shipping is 19.99 which is shit, but usually u can get 4 bootlegs for about 80 bucks....so 100 for 4 records shipped from Denmark isn't bad imo!!!

wtf i literally just spend 80$ each on 4 bootlegs lol but thats with shipping to US then shipping from US to AUS (so double shipping + 10% tax)

haha I think HHV made the homebrew 4LP I bought recently and they also made the labels other vinyl releases? hhv.de or somethin?

Back